Sign in to follow this  
Corsair

Getting to know you: January 2019

1 minute ago, ladystorm said:

That is how y'all count around here, right?

Absolutely correct.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Corsair said:

Question for January 13, 2019

I have over _____ minis waiting to be painted...

A couple of years ago I accidentally ordered a mini I already had so I started a tracking spreadsheet for everything not Bones.  Even better, I've done a pretty good job keeping up with it so I don't have any accidental reorders.  I have about 800 minis waiting to be painted.  In addition I have many many Bones from KS 1, 2, & 3 languishing in boxes.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Corsair said:

Without having any specific number available (mainly because it would take about a week to determine), I would guesstimate that I could probably paint an item a day (of which I don't have the time or the ability to paint that fast) and it would take about 3 1/2 - 4 years to get everything painted( this includes a Large acquisition due next month).

• Like 9

8 hours ago, TGP said:

After seeing forumites with spreadsheet trackers, I thought that was a great idea.  So, last year I sat down and went through what I had acquired; Bones 3, Old Bretonnian's gifted to hubby, a few bits a bobs picked up from over the years total (though not planning to keep the whole Bretonnian army which is the bulk of the number).  And then well we had the chance to raid a relatives warhammer stuff and ..... well now is ...too many to count (Orc counting).

Oh plus the Bones 1 - 3 stuff another member of our gaming group bought that I'm painting up, which is what got me into painting.

While I'm looking forward to Bones 4 goodies ... I would be quite happy and releaved if it's delayed a little.

• Like 7

On 1/12/2019 at 1:45 AM, Corsair said:

Question for January 12, 2019

Are you a tabletop or display painter?

Mostly table top for Husband's games and my own enjoyment. I do however try to paint for display occasionally. But I mean if you count the number of minis I have sitting around the living room I'd say I have painted a good deal of display minis. ^_^

16 hours ago, Corsair said:

Erm... Do we mean Bones or everything. Because the answer to both is over... *checks spreadsheet*... 1000 apparently... 

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 7

20 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

My alternate answer is: hrair.

So... the first step towards addressing a problem is acknowledging you have a problem, right?

According to my spreadsheets, I have 2,633 unpainted minis, plus or minus 50.  (The count differs because some multi-mini packs, e.g. the familiar packs, are only counted as one mini right now.  Similarly, some weapon sprue packs are counted as one mini each, despite not really being something to paint on their own.  I also hand-counted non-'Mech miniatures in my BattleTech mini inventory spreadsheet so I could have introduced an error that way.)

And the problem is: I don't have enough posts to join House Figmentius yet.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

So... the first step towards addressing a problem is acknowledging you have a problem, right?

According to my spreadsheets, I have 2,633 unpainted minis, plus or minus 50.  (The count differs because some multi-mini packs, e.g. the familiar packs, are only counted as one mini right now.  Similarly, some weapon sprue packs are counted as one mini each, despite not really being something to paint on their own.  I also hand-counted non-'Mech miniatures in my BattleTech mini inventory spreadsheet so I could have introduced an error that way.)

And the problem is: I don't have enough posts to join House Figmentius yet.

BattleTech minis? My hero! Okay, what is the story behind House Figmentius? 

• Like 3

Figmentius: We have a disease. If we paint all our minis, we'll die. We must keep painting, but we also must keep acquiring minis. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

BattleTech minis? My hero! Okay, what is the story behind House Figmentius? 

I have a project to paint at least one of every BattleMech miniature currently available from IWM.  I suspect I won't ever complete it but, hey, it's a project.  (That I tend to ignore to paint fantasy minis instead.)

I haven't been around for all that long so I don't know all the details about the Houses but as I understand it... There are four Houses, à la Harry Potter: Figmentius, Frogwarts, Procrastius, and Tabletop.  Figmentius is typified by mini collecting/hoarding with the dream of painting them some day.  Frogwarts (named for, and I believe led by, @Froggy the Great) is typified by creating new things, usually by converting or adapting existing minis.  Procrastius is typified by, well, procrastination ("I'll paint it tomorrow.").  Tabletop is typified by painting minis to predominantly tabletop standards, possibly on the idea that quantity is a quality of its own.  It's all for fun.  Membership is open to anyone with over 1,000 posts.  I forget who you have to contact to get assigned to a House these days.

• Like 6

On 1/12/2019 at 8:45 PM, Corsair said:

109 unfinished figures in bones3 Core set. (by spreadsheet) 

Others in ~order # of unpainted figures: (uncounted)

Bones 1, second core set 

Bones 3 expansions 

~bones4 

Bones 2 expansions 

reaper metals 

other metals 

Kingdom Death figures.  

GW scaven

leads (1986-1996) 

Busts (3) 

more than 20, less than 800. 

I would say that I have painted nearly that number, so 45%  finished? 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Okay,  question for January 14, 2019

Who was your first "crush" on TV, movies or magazines?

Lisa Bonet (as Denise Huxtable)

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Corsair said:

It. was a toss up between Catherine Bach and Linda Carter. 

kinda dated myself there didn't i.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Tripleh5133 said:

It. was a toss up between Catherine Bach and Linda Carter. 

kinda dated myself there didn't i.

Not really, mine as Valerie Bertinelli

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Corsair said:

The wholesome Kelly Kapowski, portrayed by Tiffani Amber Thiessen (you can drop the Amber all you want, Tiffani, you'll always have three names to me!).

-MvM

• Like 4