Corsair

Getting to know you: January 2019

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

January 3, 2019   What is your Dream Car?

One that doesn't require gas or upkeep or cleaning. And comes with a butler to drive it for me. 

It'd be cool if it was purple too.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

OK Red so....

jetsons-parking-space-laser.png

Basically  ^ This.

...But you gotta have Rosie (the robot)  driving. 

I learned things whilst trying to find a picture of your dream car. Cheering things.  It turns out that all the disappointment I have been feeling because I do not have a flying car is misplaced!  The year was 2062 when we saw George and Co zipping through the skies. Humanity has another 40-ish years to work out the bugs. ::):

Also, there is a building existing now that is a bit taller than The SkyPad Apartments Jane lived in and the ground below them was grassy, manicured, parkland

So mebbe things are looking up.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

I drive a Nissan Qashqai, I'm pretty happy with it so far, bought it new and have it for 4 yrs now.

I would like to upgrade to a Mazda CX-5 one day, but those are expensive and in the end I need that money for other things like minis living!

• Like 10

18 hours ago, Corsair said:

Well...way back when I almost bought a M-8 Greyhound armored car that was being sold by a local Army/Navy store complete with a 50 cal. machine gun (not a working model, however):

800px-UStankParis-edit1.jpg

I did buy a '67 Lotus Elan...a very fast, ultra unreliable beasty.

Now I would love a Ford van or maybe a Ranger pickup.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 11
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Corsair said:

The Rav4 I currently own never wearing out and lasting the rest of my life.

Although, I have to say the even more than that would be a car that drives itself.  I think I will live to see the day when we won't own cars anymore, but buy into a service where the car comes and gets us when we need it and goes away when we are done, no other humans involved. Just think of the space you will gain by not needing a garage, the convenience of being able to get the vehicle that fits your needs for the day, and a system where all the vehicles talk to each other and move in sync with each other.  Imagine a world where there are no drunk drivers simply because there are no drivers!

• Like 18

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

One that doesn't require gas or upkeep or cleaning. And comes with a butler to drive it for me. 

It'd be cool if it was purple too.

But... Is it metallic / glittery? ^_^

• Like 10

1 hour ago, TGP said:

OK Red so....

jetsons-parking-space-laser.png

Basically  ^ This.

...But you gotta have Rosie (the robot)  driving. 

I learned things whilst trying to find a picture of your dream car. Cheering things.  It turns out that all the disappointment I have been feeling because I do not have a flying car is misplaced!  The year was 2062 when we saw George and Co zipping through the skies. Humanity has another 40-ish years to work out the bugs. ::):

Also, there is a building existing now that is a bit taller than The SkyPad Apartments Jane lived in and the ground below them was grassy, manicured, parkland

So mebbe things are looking up.

That would do, though the flight aspect isn't nessasary. A ray gun would be fun though :ik_oops:

39 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

But... Is it metallic / glittery? ^_^

Preferably, yes! ^_^ 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

....Lets just say I absolutely love sleeper vehicles, and NOBODY expects a fwd chassis Corolla to have over 200whp or be rear wheel drive...  Secret would be out in about thirty seconds at an autocross event (aka the instant you pop the hood for tech inspection), but still... I'd also be up against some pretty still competition, because such a modification (specifically making it rear wheel drive) would put the car into the Modified category, but... Still. 

Sleeper vehicles are awesome - Toyota has made a number of "near sleepers" over the years, such as our V6 RAV4 or my mom's old V6 Camry.

My mom had several occasions in her late 50s/early 60s where she'd be sitting at a light in her old beat up 92 Camry, and some punk kid (usually in a tricked out Honda) would look over at her and figure they could beat her off the line.  What they didn't know was that she had won a fair number of autocross and road race trophies in her day, and that there was a V6 under her hood. 

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

The Rav4 I currently own never wearing out and lasting the rest of my life.

Our 2010 RAV4 is the second favorite vehicle I've ever owned. I hope it lasts for a long while more. 

My dream car is a new Miata.  They're just a great balance of drivability, performance and relative affordability.   I owned my last one for 19 years - sold it off two years ago, but hope to get a new one in the next couple years.    What really sold me on my Miata though, was working for this guy: http://mathewscollection.com/collection/ and getting to drive/ride in some of his cars.  For me, the difference in driving one of his Ferrari's vs my Miata was not worth the price difference - I'm talking at most 115% of the driving experience of a Miata for 300% or more of the price. 

• Like 10

Hmmn.. cars.  I would like to have my 1972 Mercury Capri back. Sweet little car.   My Corolla was a good one, too.  Comfortable, easy to drive, good in a long haul, handled well.  Fell apart from metal fatigue in the end. The new ones are too padded out and automated to really drive.  I considered a Miata, but went with a more practical Mazda2. It has a fair bit of 'get up and go', and I needed the cargo space.  It over torques in 1st gear which makes the clutch a bit tricky, but it practically flies from a dead stop when the light turns green. And I can park it nearly anywhere.

But if we're dreaming,  I've wanted a Lamborghini Countach since forever. 

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Corsair said:

I still want a Delorean, even though I've heard they're not particularly good cars.

• Like 14

12 hours ago, Corsair said:

I have very little interest in cars, I’m very grateful to mine for continuing to take me from A to B, despite her advanced age.

When I think about cars I like, or would like to have in the future I imagine that I’ll probably get a black one.

Edited by MiniDungeonMaster
Typo
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, aku-chan said:

I still want a Delorean, even though I've heard they're not particularly good cars.

I hear they're pretty good at 88mph :devil:

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

JANUARY 3. 2019 Dream Car,

Well my dream 'vehicle' is a Star Destroyer. so a dream car would have to fit in a shuttle to be transported up to the Star Destroyer. Either something with huge tires or some sort of hover craft. the Chariots from the new Lost in space are cool, but I would want it slightly bigger. The Colossus from No man's Sky would probably fit the bill, but I would need a bigger shuttle to move to the Star Destroyer. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Corsair said:

Existing, or fictional?

I like my current car, and I picked it because it had a really good balance of trade-offs for what I wanted. (AWD for winter snow, Smaller and more fuel efficient than my previous car, still zippy and fun to drive,  still holds 3 gamer-scale passengers reasonably comfortably, etc.) In retrospect, I wish I had opted for a better sound system, because I can actually notice the difference between sound quality in this car and my last one. On the flip side, this car is, hands down, the best speaker phone I have ever owned.)

In fantasy dream land, most of those things could be improved, but it's harder to achieve in the real world. It would be nice for it to be magically self-cleaning too.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

In fantasy dream land, most of those things could be improved, but it's harder to achieve in the real world. It would be nice for it to be magically self-cleaning too.

That is what minions are for.

• Like 7