Sign in to follow this  
Corsair

Getting to know you: January 2019

14 hours ago, Corsair said:

January 3, 2019   What is your Dream Car?

1uw8rp.jpg

To be honest, I'm not a car guy so anything that runs & is paid for is fine by me.

• Haha 13

1 hour ago, klarg1 said:

It would be nice for it to be magically self-cleaning too.

There are these devices that will do the outside of the car for you ::D: You just drive up to them, swipe a card or insert cash, then pull in, and they magically wash the exterior.  And some of them even help pay my bills. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, kristof65 said:

There are these devices that will do the outside of the car for you ::D: You just drive up to them, swipe a card or insert cash, then pull in, and they magically wash the exterior.  And some of them even help pay my bills. 

But sadly don't work so well if you leave the windows down hoping to clean the interior. :poke:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

17 hours ago, Corsair said:

I'm not a car person so I'll just take one that's reliable, fuel efficient, isn't stupid expensive, etc. 

• Like 9

On 1/1/2019 at 11:45 PM, Corsair said:

January 2, 2019   What is your favorite sport and do you have a team that is your favorite?

Running and my favorite team is me!

19 hours ago, Corsair said:

In a bit of a state of flux on this one these  days ...

on the one hand, I would really love to get a Ford Raptor...

On the other hand, electric is pretty cool and I've always wanted to convert an old pickup truck (say a '50's era Ford Apache) into an electric truck with a 100+hp motor on each wheel, 35" mudders and generally not look like an electric vehicle :)

and then there's the Tesla Roadster.. 

It doesn't help that I play Forza Horizon off and on and would love to drive about half of the million $$ cars featured therein..

Come to think of it, perhaps winning the lottery would be a good thing..

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

JANUARY 3. 2019 Dream Car,

Well my dream 'vehicle' is a Star Destroyer. so a dream car would have to fit in a shuttle to be transported up to the Star Destroyer. Either something with huge tires or some sort of hover craft. the Chariots from the new Lost in space are cool, but I would want it slightly bigger. The Colossus from No man's Sky would probably fit the bill, but I would need a bigger shuttle to move to the Star Destroyer. 

You might laugh, but there was a time when I envisioned myself with a pilots license, a Huey and pair of motorcycles in the cargo/passenger area (one for dirt and one for roads) .. of course, that time was when I also thought I'd get an aerospace engineering degree, get my flight hours from the Air Force and then become a free-lance test pilot.. :D

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Corsair said:

images.jpg.aa064768387b1c0b19ca88bfde9e4d74.jpg

Yes, WITH the guitarist/flamethrower.::D:

• Like 6
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 1

On 1/2/2019 at 5:45 AM, Corsair said:

January 2, 2019   What is your favorite sport and do you have a team that is your favorite?

I answered this yesterday, but I think the internet ate my answer as payment for posting those wildlife photos ::o: As far as sports go, I agree with @NebulousMissy -Equestrian sports all the way, especially 3 Day Eventing. It combines Dressage, Cross Country and Showjumping, so it's pretty much a horsey triathlon. A human equivalent would be Gymnastics, Parkour/Marathon and Hurdles. 

22 hours ago, Corsair said:

Probably a Bowler Wildcat, if they could make a quieter, more fuel efficient version :)

• Like 6

8 hours ago, kristof65 said:

And then there are ones that your vehicle fits into, but it leaves two horizontal lines along the sides the of the vehicle, and make you work truck sound like a blender mixed with a jackhammer. 

And that's why you don't drive a standard height NV1500 into a car sized car wash. 

Rest of the vehicle always came out pretty clean though! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Question for January 4, 2019

What term or catch phrase drives/drove you crazy?

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

The Rav4 I currently own never wearing out and lasting the rest of my life.

Although, I have to say the even more than that would be a car that drives itself.  I think I will live to see the day when we won't own cars anymore, but buy into a service where the car comes and gets us when we need it and goes away when we are done, no other humans involved. Just think of the space you will gain by not needing a garage, the convenience of being able to get the vehicle that fits your needs for the day, and a system where all the vehicles talk to each other and move in sync with each other.  Imagine a world where there are no drunk drivers simply because there are no drivers!

Even more desirable than the No Drunk Drivers is a system where the Really Bad Drivers are eliminated because they no longer have access to vehicle controls.

GEM

10 hours ago, kristof65 said:

I hear they're pretty good at 88mph :devil:

Especially with the Mr Fusion upgrade.

GEM

• Like 7

Streaming. 

One of the national tv stations has recently taken to using it when referring to when a tv show will be on.

ie “Magnum PI. Streaming tonight at 8 on CTV”.

They’re broadcasting at that time. They’re not streaming anything.

Its like when HDTV came out and sunglasse manufacturers started promoting HD sunglasses. Or companies promoting HD audio speakers.

No. Just no.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Question for January 4, 2019

What term or catch phrase drives/drove you crazy?

People who have to insert "you know" into the conversation at least every 15 seconds.

Brings out the urge to reach out and throttle them while banging their head against the nearest hard surface.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
typo monster struck again
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

People who have to insert "you know" into the conversation at least every 15 seconds.

Brings out the urge to reach out and throttle them while banging their head against the nearest hard surface.

GEM

Yeah, basically I game with a guy who uses basically, you know, the same basic word basically every 15 seconds. Basically. :grr:

As an English major there's a lot of common usage that annoys me.  "Healthy food", for example. No, it's not healthy, it's dead by now. Oh, did you mean healthful? As in food that is nutritious? Why not just say so?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1