Unicorn Dice Kickstarter

diceguy1983

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey @Darsc Zacal, are you able to change the tags in a post?  One of those tags in there could be interpreted as risky.

... Sets look nice, but feel pricy by comparison (over $20 CAD per polyhedral set with shipping included).  No info posted other than a link and a single picture, aaaand clickbait descriptions are used.

So, the question is this I ask - out of all the types of dice out there, what do these bring to the table that others do not have?  Unique colours, oddball sizing?  I'm curious. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If they come out with a nice blue/yellow combo i'll be in for a few sets. I would give sets of those away to my friends that have run the Boston Marathon to lure them into gaming... 

Edit. If they hit 25k i'll be in, i like that set.

Edited by Fealron

I really shouldn't forward that link to a friend. She's a unicorn addict and would probably go overboard buying one of each set and then some. Then again, if she had all those dice, maybe I could finally convince her she needs to try RPGs so she can use them, and there are unicorn shamans in Shadowrun 3...

• Haha 3

Well I wish them luck and will probably be suckered into a set or 2 if they are available at gen con or origins but I think I can refrain from the actual is.

To their reputation, they have come through in stellar fashion on every project I have backed and their stone dice are still some of the nicest and most economical dice of that type I have seen.  My synthetic opal and blue sandstone dice from them are still my favorites of all my dice.

• Like 2

I tripped across this KS, and I'll admit, I'm curious why they are growing so slowly. I had thought they had done well with customer service on their other KS, the video of the dice show how sparkly they are, and they look gorgeous.

So what's the deal? I'm in for 4 sets and 4 sets of matching d6's. Because I love swirly transulcent sparkly dice.

Is it just that I have been away from KS while other dice manufacturers have saturated demand for new dice?

9 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Is it just that I have been away from KS while other dice manufacturers have saturated demand for new dice?

There have been a lot of dice Kickstarters, I think.  

Edit:  Went and clicked the link, looks like the colors are sort of similar to some that Kraken dice did a few months back.  That might be affecting things as well.

Edited by LittleBluberry

On 1/1/2019 at 8:16 PM, WhiteWulfe said:

Hey @Darsc Zacal, are you able to change the tags in a post?  One of those tags in there could be interpreted as risky.

... Sets look nice, but feel pricy by comparison (over $20 CAD per polyhedral set with shipping included).  No info posted other than a link and a single picture, aaaand clickbait descriptions are used.

So, the question is this I ask - out of all the types of dice out there, what do these bring to the table that others do not have?  Unique colours, oddball sizing?  I'm curious. 

I'm wondering if price might be part of it, because a competitor (Kraken) is selling similar dice sets of 7 dice for about $10, retail, while they are asking $15 for a set in a KS. 

I'm still probably going to get a few sets because there are few sparkly translucent 'vapor' glitter dice out there.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nunae said:

Yep, a lot of dice with similar colors can be bought already.

And the Kraken KS was not so long ago, and was really succesful. 

I have become VERY familiar with Krakend offering, and I'm intrigued by these dice because they are a combination of like Krakens vapor dice and their Galaxy dice. I am very interested in the translucent vapor like dice WITH glitter. If you know of any other manufacturers that have that combo I love to know who.