NomadZeke

2019 RPChallenge Questions/Announcements

On 5/6/2019 at 12:54 PM, NomadZeke said:

May/June will be a little delayed as I was traveling.

Travel and delays happen to us all.  I expect the second half of my year to be riddled with travel to make up for the lack in the first half.  I'm Just glad to see it come back again.

It may not drive me to paint (my own sick little mind does that) but it does drive me to post so others can see!

This went from travel delay to a laundry list of personal issues really fast. TGP did fine with his posting for may/june, but hopefully I'll be back for the next block.

• Like 3

Good news: I should have the July/August list up for this weekend! It's been crazy around here, but slowly getting to more stable seas.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NomadZeke
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84371-2019-rpchallenge-questionsannouncements/
      All the information you need should be here.

As usual, the new format holds a "hard mode" challenge!

July and August 2019 Challenge

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      Independence Day! Both Canada and the US celebrate their independence days in July. Keeping it clean - paint a mini that resembles the most absurd stereotype of the country, whether it's a lumberjack riding a moose with a jug of maple syrup, or a fat dude in a scooter with the american flag and a big mac.  Or something from the film Independence Day, that works too.

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      August 22nd is National Spumoni day. 3-layered Gelato dish. Paint any mini in a themed pallet around your choice image of said dish.

Hard Mode Challenge! Eruption
      Also in August is the fabled eruption of Pompeii. A full-size diorama is a but much to ask - but instead theme a mini around trying to escape the eruption (lava flows, flying chunks of rock, etc) particularly utilizing the OSL and an ashen look.

As always, the game is made up and the points don't matter!
    • By Maledrakh
      Another one of the half-painted minis on my painting station shelf, now done:

Looks like she found a shining stone. Not sure if the OSL worked all that well on this mini. So a gnome is basically a hobbit with boots?

From the first Bones kickstarter.

77167 Ingrid, Female Gnome
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 1 KS 2012
      Sculpted by Derek Schubert
      Bonesium PVC.
      25mm bespoke 3D printed round lipped base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By WhiteWulfe
      Sadly I don't quite remember what paints were used, other than them being metallics...  I suspect they might have been some of the Citadel paints I've picked up, since I wanted to try them out and see what my thoughts were on such paints.  Done back in April, they've been sitting on the desk for, uhm, a while... >.>;;;;

They were fun little robots to paint....
    • By Citrine
      These are the plastic Wyrd 20620 Wild Boars (Ulix).  I picked them for a quick tabletop paint job.  Unlike many of the Wyrd plastic minis these where easy to glue together.
      May they eat many adventurers, but no more druids... 
      One of my early characters, a level one druid, was killed by a wild boar in the very first playing session after she failed her animal handling roll.  In the decades since, any time I see see a nasty pig figure I say that is the one that killed my druid.  So one of these nasty critters is surely the one!

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)