ced1106

Mantic : Terrain Crate 2 KS

7 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

You may want to see if anyone wants to buy your Early Bird off of you.

And hold onto it for a while first - there will be Stretch Goals.

Also, unlike the previous Kickstarter - you can mix and match what Crates you want - so if all you Want is Bleakwood, then you could get all Bleakwood.

We are in for three crates - and probably going for all of the sets.

Right this moment - a bunch of Terrain Crate 1 is in use on the table - Kids of War is in full swing. ::):

*EDIT* Moving the battle results to Off Topic. ::):

The Auld Grump

What do you mean by mixing and matching?

Aren’t there only 3 “crates”, with multiple smaller sets within each crate?

Because weren’t you allowed to do that last campaign as well? I got one of each crate last time, but I didn’t think there was any restrictions on getting multiples of one crate instead.

Edited by Olaf the Stout

I hope they have just a tree/mushroom pledge.....not in this one as it's not generic enough for me......need more generic out doors stuff.

• Like 1

I went ahead and snagged an early bird. I backed for a buck last time, thinking I'd add a crate in the PM, but didn't. I really wanted the crate with the walls, but I just didn't need the wagon and camp sets after getting plenty of both in the Tabletop Props Tent and Wagon kickstarters. Even got a set of dead trees in the tent project. Not sure if I'll stay in, but there's some interesting stuff so far. The stretch goals might get me to commit.

I snagged an early bird. Looking for stuff for Walking Dead, Mars Attacks, and other modern or post apocalypse games that might come up.

Also thinking some of this might work for old west games.

I am in for 1 early crate. I just could not pass up the mall. 

Between game use, and having minis that could fit on the building planning map at work it was just too good.

I'm happy it looks like they're keeping most of the modern stuff to their own crates! As that is the stuff I need the least. Right now it looks like I want the Bleakwood Hall crate and I'll but the market set as an addon

• Like 2

I'm going to be deciding on a 2nd crate or a couple of addons.

I like the hospital, cottage and park. I dont want or need more market stuff though but it would be 6# more to get all that

I think I'm probably going to stick to building my own small mausoleums, because that's  all I'd really want from the graveyard.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

What do you mean by mixing and matching?

Aren’t there only 3 “crates”, with multiple smaller sets within each crate?

Because weren’t you allowed to do that last campaign as well? I got one of each crate last time, but I didn’t think there was any restrictions on getting multiples of one crate instead.

Huh - I thought there was a requirement of getting one of each when buying three, last time - but I could be wrong.

The Stretch Goals keep chugging along - tiny though they may be, they are adding up.

Some really makes me want to run a Fallout game. ::):

The Auld Grump

You can buy whatever and however many crates and/or sets you wish. :upside:

In the comments, Mantic said they might have a tree-only pledge.

"You can choose from any of the Crates below for your pledge. What's more, you can choose any combination of Crates too. So, if you want three Bleakwood Hall Crates, that's absolutely fine. Just pledge £195 (£180 for Early Bird backers) and then you can select that Crate three times in the pledge manger. Simple! Below you can see the Crates available. "

"What's more, if you only want to buy a set (rather than a full Crate) just choose 'pledge with no reward' and add the required amount. You'll be able to choose the set(s) you want in the pledge manager after the campaign has finished."

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 1:03 AM, Darsc Zacal said:

I think I’ll be doing a lot of picking and choosing on this one.

Same here.

They have put together a Trees Only set, and a Market Stalls Only set - with the face on one of the trees now an optional part. There were a lot of complaints about that face - and even the folks that like the face only wanting one tree like that.

Which means that you can now have that tree without a face, and put the face on something else. (I think I will be gluing one to a beer or whiskey barrel....)

The Auld Grump

• Like 7

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

They have put together a Trees Only set, and a Market Stalls Only set - with the face on one of the trees now an optional part. There were a lot of complaints about that face - and even the folks that like the face only wanting one tree like that.

Which means that you can now have that tree without a face, and put the face on something else. (I think I will be gluing one to a beer or whiskey barrel....)

The Auld Grump

Well, I was going to try to resist, but the Pick N Mix and the Trees and market stalls only sets sealed my fate. 

• Like 3