Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
I'm working on a conversion for my partner's character in our Swords and Wizardry campaign. She's a half-elf rogue with red hair that dual-wields swords, but unfortunately Reaper doesn't sell an exact figure of that type. There are a couple of other figures that might have worked but we both really liked Lanelle's base, so I took on the task of converting her to wield two swords and carry a shield on her back.
The sword conversion wasn't too difficult; I bought three copies of Lanelle so I could take the sword from one and have a third as a back-up in case I messed something up. I carefully snipped off the sword, and used a pin vise to attach it. I used the baking soda and superglue combo to patch up a few small gaps. The shield was harvested from a 77024 goblin mini, and has a little pin in it which will attach to her back. I'm keeping them separate for now to ease painting.
The original figure; this is the backup.
The successful conversion; the red hair is stained from a previous attempted paint job that was removed with Simple Green.
You can see the gaps a little on this side, but they've very minor and I believe paint will help disguise it later.
There are no visible gaps on the outside.
The shield will be attached right in the center of of her back; if positioned correctly I think it'll
just reach the sheath on her belt and give the illusion that the dagger is just hidden behind the shield.
The donor shield and unhappy goblin; I think this mini will make a nice battle-scarred goblin with a tragic past.
Cinder didn't work out for my return to hobbying, so I decided to try something a bit less ambitious....
Reading back through past projects, I saw one of the hangout minis of the month was Blacktounge, Gnoll Ranger from Reaper, and remembered that I had picked up this set at a paint day with the New England Miniatures folks at the Citadel games store....
I figure if I can follow my old WIP, I won't be stressing to much, and I will have another figure to add to the Frostgrave warband that was started so long ago,,,,
So the 2 got assembled and puttied, and now the never ending search for minor mold lines can begin when the putty is dry...
thanks for taking a look!
Wish me luck!!!!
Good lord! More still on the way.
I gotta say, "wow!" Vallejo metals may as well be Magic. It's so much better!
This time tried using sepia ink to line their deeper areas, or bangles. No wash on the skin this time, but i did give in to using it on the outfits and clothing. Needed shade.
I also tested two of them with Corax white primer and two with The Armory grey primer. Only thing that i noticed was it took more layers on the skin with the white. I thought it was going to be easier. Oh well.