Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

SPACEFUTURE: Simian Separatists (Eureka's Boiler Suit Apes), Pic-Heavy

Don’t Say What?

Edited by TGP
...feeling particularly pop culturally challenged...
  • Like 1

Another awesome bunch!

I fear the so called Democracy is a front for an oppressive, corrupt system.

General Jumbi looks like the kind of guy who will feed his enemies to the Crocodiles.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Don’t Say What?

There's a different one for each of them. For example, 

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I fear the so called Democracy is a front for an oppressive, corrupt system.

General Jumbi looks like the kind of guy who will feed his enemies to the Crocodiles.

...this is what you would expect from a Banana Republic.
:lol:
Bonus points if you can get the others!

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Rigel said:

There's a different one for each of them. For example, 

...this is what you would expect from a Banana Republic.
:lol:
Bonus points if you can get the others!

Cornelius is conflicted; while he loves burning things, his complicity in killing weighs him down emotionally (don't say it)

He's going Ape?

Zephyr.

He is well-versed in (don't say it!) co-ordination, logistics, and resource management.

Monkey Business?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Cornelius is conflicted; while he loves burning things, his complicity in killing weighs him down emotionally (don't say it)

He's going Ape?

Zephyr.

He is well-versed in (don't say it!) co-ordination, logistics, and resource management.

Monkey Business?

Monkey Business is correct!
Going Ape will work for Cornelius, but there is also another idiom that will fit...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rigel said:

Monkey Business is correct!
Going Ape will work for Cornelius, but there is also another idiom that will fit...

He went Bananas?

19 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

He went Bananas?

Yes, due to the Monkey on his back. (An obscure phrase, but too appropriate to pass up.)

Two more puns left, one for General Jumbi, and one for Rango and Tango! 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 2:24 PM, Xiwo Xerase said:

Is the one for Rango and Tango "gorilla (or guerilla) warfare"?

... Oh no.  Is General Jumbi the "top banana"?

YES! You are correct! 

I REGRET NOTHING ::D:

• Haha 3

Just great!!! I didn`t expect so much good entertaining in a miniature forum haha. Whole thread here is cool. Well, I don`t know how many threads I may necroing at one single day and so I stop for the moment in digging out your old threads, but let me say: It`s cool, I will check out the other threads bit by bit with time, because no I don`t want to miss such a good show and so cool projects. Keep it up!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DragonWyrm
      When I was working on other figures and had some colours spare I would paint theses. The phots aren't the best, even thought they looked good on the phone (grumble, grumble). I have tried to make the bases look as if they were on a carpet. This was a quick job and mostly involved stippling some titanium buff and raw umber together. Then just added some patterns and colour.

I worked on the figures seperate from the chairs. This caused some annoyances when I rubbed off some paint, but I did allow me a better painting overall. 

The Flute and the Piano
      I finished the flute first. Checking Eureka Miniatures, he is Frederick the Great and the pianist is C. E. Bach. Frederick came with some nice dogs, I added them to my slowly growing collections which I will use at some time to create a diorama of a dog village or something. (Currently I have a Tamiya German Shepard and some small dog which are a larger scale from the farmyard animals set, the dogs from Frederick and the milkmaid set from Eureka, some War-games Foundry dog that came with hunting gentlemen set, giant wolf from Reaper). 

The String Instruments
      The photo makes the hair look more green/blue than it actually is. There is some metal filling too much space under the arm holding some of the string instruments, I removed what I could do quickly and the other parts I just painted a dark colour that would fit. In the end I am happy with how they came out.

Feedback and Critiques are welcome and appreciated. 

• By lexomatic
      I have been painting these as long as the others, but have lots of photo cropping.
      Currently painting the sacrificial victim from the Islanders set of Children of the Field... it was separate from the rest of my minis from that kickstarter.
      And also a (n unofficial) time lord companion for a variety of "normal" female minis.
      Pics later
    • By Rigel
      I don't know precisely how the deal went down, but Bombshell's Neirans from their Counterblast line are pretty much Reaper Andromedans with a bit more height and bulk. (They also have some cycloptic Illyrians much like Sparg and one of the Alien Exotic Dancers.) This is one such, along with various colleagues we have seen before: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/91106-spacefuture-empress-messalina-iv-of-the-andromedans-and-vizier-as-zeta-reticulans/

Her Athame-Glaive demonstrates her ritual authority as General and Commander of the Empress's Fleet. (Before all this pandemic unpleasantness hit my home state, I visited New Mexico for a family vacation, and you BET I picked up some tabletop-scale flying saucers in Roswell.)

With a member of the Technician Caste: 

Making demands of the Chief Scientician: 
      "We need more SPEED, laboratory beetle! 3.2 c is simply not enough to take those witless Earthlings down before they can activate a counteroffensive!"
      "Feh! Cartilage-brained savage, there is only so far you can bend space before it starts bending back! Our wotta-metal hulls can withstand only so much hypergeometric translocation before giving way!"
      "THEN MAKE THEM STRONGER!"

Giving the Grand Vizier a piece of her mind (she's not the best at subtle intrigue, preferring to cut right to the point, or the throat, either way)

"So, scheming remipede, my underlings tell me that the platinum requisitioned for their catalytic cannon has been rerouted to the Citadel of Nobles."
      "A most unfortunate happenstance, War-Leader. Bureaucracy will err; I shall have the Commissariat ritually castigated."

"It was specifically rerouted to a guild of pleasure-barge manufacturers."
      "The less civic-minded among the nobility are known for their excess. Would that there were some way to curb their indulgences; I, your humble servant and that of Empire, have tried time and again to..."
      "The guild is under contract to build YOU a Sybaric Yacht!!"

"One must have some way to relax after the rigors of serving both Her Incomparable Majesty and the people, War-Leader; a very reasonable perquisite. It would be invidious to suggest otherwise. Now, to the point of this interlocution, if there is one?"
      "You always choose your words so carefully, Vizier. I'm so glad you chose 'point' right now."

• By Rigel
      Just what it says on the tin. A princess from Cold War Miniatures...a SPACE princess! She looks like she'd fit in with my legions of Zarek, blue-skinned retro conquerors featured elsewhere in the Spacefuture tag. (Mostly Hydra Imperials, but some Reaper Numenera priests as well.)

Here she is on a walk in the Imperial Gardens with her mother (played by Hydra's Empress Xenovia). Not sure the Empress approves of her daughter's choice of stepping-out wear--unlike the populace at large. Alas that looking at a member of the Imperial Houses without permission is punishable by a minimum sentence of execution, going up to some truly unpleasant punishments. It is estimated that Princess Khoshta is the third leading cause of death in the Citadel of Marduk.

• By Rigel
      A return to the Weird West setting! These ladies are wonderful townsfolk, or suitable for magic-users or fancy rogues. The young lady in orange is from Eureka (one of their Hyde Park Hypostyle figures if memory serves), while the ones in yellow and pink are from Reaper's Victorians (80068. The Victorian gentleman is still in progress, on the back burner). 

More angles, but the sun was not quite right

And a guest! 80065, the Physician. 

• Who's Online   24 Members, 4 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)