Lidless Eye

The Skyless Realms -3D Printable Tabletop Models

As I hadn't seen a topic yet, I wanted to mention a Kickstarter project I'm really excited to have been part of testing for, The Skyless Realms:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ecaroth/the-skyless-realms-3d-printable-tabletop-models/description

Project image for The Skyless Realms - 3D Printable Tabletop Models

Welcome to "The Skyless Realms" - a dark, dangerous place below ground - full of all the most evil races of the world - where everything is trying to kill you, and both grand adventure and extreme peril await!

Enrich your tabletop RPG or wargaming experience with 3D print-ready minis, monsters, terrain, and buildings from this deadly, subterranean landscape.

Regardless of the tabletop RPG or wargame you play, doubtless you run across all denizens of the deep dark, and spend lots of time exploring the depths. This Kickstarter is designed to completely flesh out those environments with character minis, monsters, scatter, buildings and more for your to produce at home on your FDM or resin 3D printer. Rewards are for digital STL files to print the products shown and described in this campaign. Rewards are split into two categories: Scatter, and Minis - designed to be used together or independently, and all for normal tabletop gaming scale (28-32mm).

** PLEASE NOTE - This Kickstarter is for digital files (STLs) to make all these items on your own home 3D printer - these are not physical goods **

(click the image above to view a high-res detail gallery of pics)

• Like 2

While I'm not going to back this (topic doesn't interest me), I can vouch for the quality of ecaroth's models. Some of these pieces are available already on Thingiverse if you want to test out the quality for yourself. 

• Like 4

I am looking forward to more folks doing these kind of projects, 3D printing will be a great boon to some areas of the hobby. I hope a company with the reputation of this one will start doing futuristic terrain usable on filament printers.

• Like 2

Not going to tell how much/little I paid for my KUDO 3D Bean Resin printer... But it was less than my Wanhao i3...  

I may pledge for some of the mini files.

I'm still having issues getting my printer dialed in.  Prints start ok, but part way through something seems to happen and the part gets pulled from the bed.  It's not supposed to need any adhesive, so I'm not sure what keeps happening.  Maybe my leveling is a bit off? Higher retraction settings? I don't know, but it's frustrating.

I've set this one to remind for now.

5 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

I'm still having issues getting my printer dialed in.  Prints start ok, but part way through something seems to happen and the part gets pulled from the bed.  It's not supposed to need any adhesive, so I'm not sure what keeps happening.  Maybe my leveling is a bit off? Higher retraction settings? I don't know, but it's frustrating.

I've set this one to remind for now.

Which material are you printing in?

If your bed is glass I really, really recommend using a gluestick on it. 

I use a piece of thin thermal receipt paper when levelling. 

Run it up to temp(both bed and hot-end), 'home' it, then disable steppers. 

The paper should slide between hot-end and glass with the barest of resistance. 

Adjust first corner, then move the head to the next corner, adjust, third and fourth corners and adjusting.... then back to first corner and adjusting that again...  and repeat all until you can check all 4 corners without needing an adjustment anywhere.   

3 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Which material are you printing in?

If your bed is glass I really, really recommend using a gluestick on it. 

I use a piece of thin thermal receipt paper when levelling. 

Run it up to temp(both bed and hot-end), 'home' it, then disable steppers. 

The paper should slide between hot-end and glass with the barest of resistance. 

Adjust first corner, then move the head to the next corner, adjust, third and fourth corners and adjusting.... then back to first corner and adjusting that again...  and repeat all until you can check all 4 corners without needing an adjustment anywhere.   

It might also be a draught that cools the plastic prematurely causing the curl. I had problems with that.or a combination level too low and a draught. I solved it by covering the machine with a box when printing.

51 minutes ago, Maledrakh said:

It might also be a draught that cools the plastic prematurely causing the curl. I had problems with that.or a combination level too low and a draught. I solved it by covering the machine with a box when printing.

Also clean the bed with rubbing alcohol. There may be residual lube or oils from your hand on it. 

I had the problem that my print would always come off the print bed in a certain (always the same) place on the print bed. Nothing helped ... until I noticed that my computer's cooling fan was blowing right at that part of the print bed (from about 30cm away, but it was still enough to cause that problem).

Edit: Just found this page and I feel it has a lot of great information (also in the videos): https://medium.com/@christianleber/anycubic-i3-mega-steps-for-good-minis-a393dfef76b1

Edited by Knight of the Dinner Table
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By justcallmej
      Double Launch today. First our " '2 Tower" mini-kickstarter, go get a FREE siege tower just for checking it out!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamescape3d/2-tower-a-tall-tale-for-3d-printing-free-siege-tower

Second, we launched a Patreon for Open_Peg product and diagram development.
      Owners and backers should be getting a link for about 30 new roofs today, unrelated to the Patreon:)

http://patreon.com/gamescape3d

Thanks for checking it out, I'll be around to answer questions_Jeremy

• By Jordan Peacock
      Online, from a certain market of miniatures, I found some "Kaosball" team expansion packs on clearance (for a better price than what they're listed at now, as of this writing).  Each pack contains 13 32mm-scale minis in 2 poses (6 of one pose on 25mm square bases, and 7 of an alt pose on 25mm round bases), a "bust" that represents the "team coach," and a game-specific 12-sided die (which I suppose isn't much use for anything, unless I actually wanted to play the game).  Anyway, this worked out to being under $1 a figure, and the sculpts looked interesting, so I got a few packs.  (I find it hilarious, though, that while most of the packs are marked down, the "Felinia Hellcats" -- scantily-clad gun-toting cat-girls -- are specifically marked as "[CLEARANCE]" and yet they're priced at about 3x the asking price for each of the other teams.)

I originally picked these guys up (the "Samaria Barbarians") with a vague intent that "someday" I would run a Savage Worlds convention one-shot scenario heavily inspired by the "Brütal Legend" video game ... but it occurred to me that few if any of my players would have heard of that game, and I'm no particular "expert" on anything rock-and-roll-related, so maybe I'm not the best person to GM such a setting.

However, I could always use a few more post-apocalyptic wastelanders.  The "big hair" style here doesn't necessarily look like it would fit the current Fallout aesthetic as established in Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, but I think these guys wouldn't look terribly out of place in the original Fallout 1 & 2 (what with all the "Mad Max" and "Fist of the North Star" wannabes wandering about in those games).  I removed the figures from their bases, putty-and-texture-stamped the 25mm round bases, putty-and-texture-stamped some plastic 25mm rounds for the remaining figures, and did a few hand swaps and bit-add-ons to give a few of the figures visible ranged weaponry.  (I figured that would give me a little more buy-in if I were to field a gang of these guys for an encounter and then they start FIRING on the PCs, versus what pushback I might get if they *appeared* to only be armed with axes.)

I used some paper printed license plates to add some "junk armor" elements to further reinforce the "post-apocalyptic" vibe.

Each team pack also comes with a "bust" to represent the team coach.  I went with a bronze-and-verdigris scheme for each.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archangel3d/forsaken-lands-3d-printable-fantasy-tabletop-terrain?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
        Start your journey through deep caverns, and the land of the spiders, before venturing forth into the cursed realms. Ancient demons and foul creatures dwell in the shadows of The Forsaken Lands...lands of ruin, mystery, and decay! Make a pledge to begin your adventure and choose your own path!
      3D printed and painted model depicted above. This piece was printed with a Creality CR-10 and Creality Ender 3. Miniature not included, used to demonstrate overall scale of model. Not affiliated in any way with any companies who produced the 28 mm miniature knight used to show scale in the photographs. The Forsaken Lands terrain collection is designed for 28 mm tabletop wargames and role-playing games. Each pledge is delivered as an STL file pack, designed to be printed on your home 3D printer.
      Each model is to designed to capture your imagination and evoke feelings of mystery, through an ancient lived in world, full of ruin, decay and beautiful imperfection! All files are green lit in Meshmixer and Netfabb, are single shells, and have been extensively test printed and optimized. Printing instructions will be included in each pack.  As a complete set, each piece is designed for a full and diverse setup on your gaming table, intended for games that utilize elevation as well as larger terrain pieces and scatter. Photo/Paint by Wright Terrain Studio/ Alex Wright  NO FILE EXCEEDS 200 mm on any axis and all prototypes featured have been test printed using the Creality Ender 3 and CR-10. Support material is not needed unless stated in select parts, such as roof pieces with larger overhangs.  Explore different lands and locations in the core set with terrain pieces that stand alone, or as a part of larger setup! Begin your long journey in the forsaken caverns where flickers of shadow swell up from the backdrop of ancient rocks and darkened pools amid the torchlight. Enter the land of the spiders as you traverse these narrow paths and hollows with untold numbers of eight-legged, bloodsuckers on the prowl. It would seem that a moment of respite can be found here, as you stumble upon the ruins of an ancient temple. But it is not the holy place it once was. Decayed and covered in thick overgrowth, mystery awaits you as you journey forth. Legend holds that a beautiful and powerful witch once dwelt in this great tower. After a tragic loss, her madness grew in a storm of grief. Some say she still lingers here, immortal, feasting on the flesh of all those who wander into the ancient mountain pass. Creatures of darkness plague this mountain village; there will be no sanctuary for you here. Those who still dwell here may prove even more dangerous than the night hordes responsible for the hundreds of dead buried nearby. An old villager takes you as far as they dare before sending you forth onto what the locals call, The Path of Despair. Here you find the ancient ruins of the city of Irkalla as ghostly moans rise up from the Gate of Souls...  
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/laboitedejeu/clash-of-rage-2nd-printing?ref=discovery_category_newest

About

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hammerlot/undead-graveyard-iv-scenery-for-rpg-and-wargames?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
      Welcome to our new campaign: UNDEAD GRAVEYARD 4
      We have created new cemetery pieces to decorate your board and enjoy with your RPG's and board games.
      What you will see next is the result of our passion for miniatures and board games, our dedication and effort that we share with you in shape of amazing pieces for your games. 
      Please, come in and enjoy!
      In the graveyard there are always tombstones and tombs of many shapes and sizes. What few people know is that Vladimir Von Drake's legacy will always be alive somewhere between tombstones and obelisks at Undead Graveyard!
      This set consists of 4 stone graveyard statues. 
      These stunning statues are ideal to decorate any game board or create dioramas and give life to your darkest adventures!
      This set consists of 2, 4 or 8 hanged multiposition.
      Each hanged consists of 3 separate pieces: Floor + Wood beams + Hanged man.
      This is perfect for creating unique scenes and adapted to the needs of your board.

• Who's Online   31 Members, 4 Anonymous, 165 Guests (See full list)