Sign in to follow this  
giyomuSan

Thendiel AutumnLeaf Scale75 mini

Pics are kinda small for me to see as much as I'd like - but I like what I see! Nice color choices and a very fitting base.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      I wasn't planning on ever doing any more Work In Progress threads (The number of threads I've abandoned outnumber my finished threads by a pretty ridiculous amount at this point), but I'm trying to get back into the habit of painting every day and my brain is being a real jerk about it (he'd be a lot happier if I gave up on this whole painting nonsense and just stared mindlessly at a screen all day).
      So the idea is if I post an update a day, regardless of how much progress I've made, I'll shame myself into making sure I've done enough for a worthwhile update or something.

Day 1 (Which was yesterday):-

The King and his Seahorse have been undercoated, washed and I've started on the base, I got part way through applying the pumice paste before I realised I couldn't get to the middle without getting it all over the Seahorses tail/tentacles/tail-acles?
      Today I want to try and finish the base, and maybe start on the Seahorse. 
    • By Citrine
      I had used a bunch of leftover paint for the Reaper bones version of Aviriel Tellerion (77070), and those colors where more in the "evil spectrum" so I switched her over to being a dark elf.  Very happy with how her face turned out, sadly she is looking down so you cannot really see it on the table.
      It has been a while since I posted, I have had a slump in my desire to paint this spring and I tend to wait until I have a bunch to show off to get the light box out.   Avirion here was painted in March.

• By aku-chan
      Yet another new mini, this time it's The Visarch, a mysterious Elfin knight.

I wasn't actually planning on starting him yet, but made a nice dark red mix for something else that I thought would look great on the inside of his cape:-

It's 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black > Black Wash > 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black > 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black with a brushtipful of Ochre Yellow.

Since this guy jumped the queue it could be a while before anything else happens to him.
    • By GlenP
      This is Scale 75's Ares Operator 03. It's a 40mm resin future soldier and apparently part of a gaming system. The package had some cards in it, but since I don't play the game, they're a bit lost on me... Anyhoo...

The figure is four parts - head, upper torso/arms, lower torso/legs, and the rifle with molded on hands. Cleanup was taking care of the usual casting seams and the removal of bits and pieces of mold trash. I used the gray Stynelrez primer (brushed on out of the bottle) and Reaper MSP paints. I used a Dremel tool and ball/dovetail cutters to mark up/damage the armor and went with a splotchy green camo. While they have their place, I tend not to use bright colors on military figures because all they say to me is 'Here I am! Shoot me!'.

The figure is mounted on a sanded/stained wood craft block with Aves Apoxie Sculpt groundwork, kitty litter rocks and somebody's weeds. I added a dripping rusty pipe coming out of the ground and a large putty teddy bear. 

Qs and Cs welcomed.

Glen 

• By GlenP
      Now that I have your attention...

This is Percival, a one inch(ish) tall resin penguin from Scale 75. The piece is part a larger model in S75's SmogRiders line. It's not normally available separately, but I was able to score one when it fell off a truck. The piece originally had a WW I style Prussian spiked helmet. I removed the helmet and added a WW II British helmet from my spares box. The groundwork is Aves putty stippled with a stiff oil painting brush to give it a sandy texture. The sandbags are also putty formed with my fingers. I left my fingerprints on them to give the impression of coarsely woven canvas. The sign is sheet plastic and strip. Reaper MSP paints. Eventually, it'll have a name plate 'Why Am I Here?'

Qs and Cs welcomed.

Glen

• Who's Online   29 Members, 3 Anonymous, 98 Guests (See full list)