Sign in to follow this  
Lidless Eye

Lidless Eye Hobbies: Father of Frost (Lost Dragons)

The dread beating of wings brings a chill wind to the land.

A 3D print, this design is "The Father of Frost" from The Lost Dragons, a Kickstarter project.

20190109_210911.jpg

20190109_213151.jpg

20190109_213205.jpg

20190109_213216.jpg

20190109_213231.jpg

20190109_213256.jpg

20190109_213311.jpg

20190109_213332.jpg

20190109_213720.jpg

20190109_213733.jpg

20190109_213744.jpg

20190109_213804.jpg

20190109_213844.jpg

• Like 22

Well considering my printer isn't printing right lately, I haven't felt the need to download them. I need to work on that today. I've got some items I need to print for Vegas games but for the weekly stuff as well.

• Sad 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Shadespyre
      The biggest model I've ever painted, I worked on it in sections and then assembled it onto the base when finished. I made very minor modifications to Kalarax herself, mostly inserting a lot of brass rods to support joints, and using hot water to bend the tail around onto the base (which is 25 cm square!) There was a lot more work on the base, using rocks, grit and sand to meld the Bones "ruined temple" into a larger scene with common elements from my Vampire army (see sig below)

You may know the story of why the model is so big - apparently a communications error meant that it is twice the size it was ever meant to be? Because of this, I removed odd-sized base details like huge skulls and dinner plate coins and replaced them with "in-scale" objects like dozens and dozens of resin skulls as seen in the close up.

My "huge bony miniature" recipe is:
      One can of Army Painter Undead Bone spray paint
      A big pot of GW Agrax Earthshade (or similar brown wash)
      A pot of Citadel Dry Tyrant Skull
      A large flat drybrush

Let the model to the work! You can also use this to paint large numbers of smaller skeletons, of course.
    • By Shadespyre
      I found it really hard to light and photograph such a tall model, I'll have to get him off his shelf and try and take better pictures at some point in the future. I chose the bright red tongue to tie in with the reddish muscle and the red roses (which are a theme of my Warhammer Vampire project) as a spot colour. 
    • By Shadespyre
      Painted to match my Warhammer Vampire army, using old Citadel Foundation paints and a lot of Agrax Earthshade wash
    • By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dogmight/kickstarter-exclusive-fire-dragon-valhalla-screen

"You take your game seriously. Now it's time for a serious screen.
      In October of 2018, Dog Might released the first fully sculpted GM Screen, the Valhalla Screen. Since then, we have released over 30 more designs, including officially licensed screens for: Pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu, and Vampire: The Masquerade. We have also designed screens for you favorite shows, such as Relics and Rarities and the Critical Role stream of Undeadwood. Over the last year and a half, our Valhalla Screens have proven to be our most sought after product. "

... Would it surprise anybody here to know I want one? 
      If I can't have one, at least I can spread the word. ;p
    • By Gadgetman!
      Only 3 hours left, but...   

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/730230926/printdry-filament-dryer-20

Story
      Hi Kickstarter, it’s PrintDry. In 2016, we did our first Kickstarter campaign and found that many people were interested in improving the quality of their 3D prints. 310 backers with CA$41,747 helped us bring our project to life.  Since then the PrintDry products have found over 20,000 users in over 50 countries.  We are really grateful to all our backers.
      In the past 3 years, our research and development efforts haven't stopped and we always want to offer the best solution to the 3D printing community. After launching the filament storage container and a vacuum version . We have revisited the original dryer design and updated it into the PrintDry Filament Dryer 2.0. 
      As many of us know from experience, a lot can go wrong with 3D printing. One of the most important factors is moisture buildup in the filament, which is a simple but often hard to identify issue that continues to plague many printing jobs.  If a quality print is desired, you can’t ignore it.  
      Now, we would like to introduce our new product called the PrintDry Filament Dryer 2.0 which has many new features, such as large spool compatibility, a built-in timer, a digital display, and a modular design.  The PrintDry Filament Dryer 2.0 is the only dryer that can dry and feed large (2-5kg) filament spools with a 300mm (12”) outside diameter (OD) .  It’s the ultimate filament dryer you need for quality 3D printing!
        Digital Display
      Play Easily adjust the temperature with 5 presets (35ºC, 45ºC, 55ºC, 65ºC, and 75ºC). Built-in timer with a maximum time of 48 hours.  Vertical Mounting 
       Spool Adapter included
      2 metal shafts 4 big spool adapters 4 small spool adapters Accessories
        Comparison
        Shipping Contents
      one dryer+ one vacuum container+ one pump One dryer includes: 2 metal shafts; 4 big spool adapters; 4 small spool adapters Reward Tiers
        Timeline
      International backer
      The PrintDry filament dryer 2.0 will be shipped worldwide!  However, please be aware that for some countries VAT/duties may incur upon receipt of your unit.  These fees are the responsibility of each international backer.
  • Who's Online   31 Members, 2 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)