Sign in to follow this  
Gary Pryor

I am running a D&D game with my friends using the new Ravnica setting. The world has a very unique look, and one of the player characters in our group is an steampunk/elephant-man/mad-scientist. I couldn't find any miniatures remotely resembling that, so I made my own out of a reaper Avatar of Strength and some warmachines loose pieces I got on ebay for cheap. I have never done any kitbashing or sculpting before (just made it up as I went along) but I feel it turned out pretty cool (even though I am pretty lousy painter). Couldn't wait to show it off a little here, even though the lighting is really bad in here at night for pictures.

Painted with all the cheap Reaper HD I picked-up during the sale.

Question, comments, feed-back appreciated.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg4.thumb.jpg.29c0e95ff4beafcd96b453c71d65f6eb.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by Gary Pryor
forgot to add about what paint brand I used/more photos.
  • Like 22

Interesting. 

You can improve the photography with a plain piece of paper behind the figure. The painted mat and background blur distract from your creative work. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

Interesting. 

You can improve the photography with a plain piece of paper behind the figure. The painted mat and background blur distract from your creative work. 

I added some more photos in front of some paper. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      This is a speed paint I did over the Fourth of July holiday weekend. I touched up a few details since then, like the buttons on his shirt.

• By lazarp
      So this is my first complete kitbash, this one is made of parts from five different kits. I've made it to be used as a ranger for my Rangers of Shadowdeep warband. Hope you like it! 

With the rest of the gang:

• By Brianuk
      I had some fun putting together some Stormcloak and Imperial proxies. The official minis that are being produced for the Elder Scrolls look really cool but aren't in the scale I use. 

The Stormcloaks are fireforge Russian infantry heads and usually Frostgrave barbarian arms and bodies. The legionaries are fireforge Russian bodies with victrix roman heads (apart from the archer whose head is from the Oathmark humans sprue).

There is also a victim of theft entirely made from the Fireforge peasants sprue. 

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Artful Dodger, part of the Dickensian faction from the game Twisted by Demented Games.

Not too happy with this one, he turned out to be surprisingly difficult to paint (and even harder to photograph!), but at least he's finally done (I partially painted up his resin version a few years ago).

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Brianuk
      I'd got some of the Warlord imperial roman legionnaires free with a magazine. They are tiny for 28mm, with minis like the Oathmark dwarves towering over them. I've used the minis for spare parts but took an Oathmark goblin wolf rider head to make this heavy hobgoblin or goblin infantryman. 

The kit was a 'roman veterans' one with heavier armour and more battered shields than the more prevalent getup of a roman legionnaire. 

The paint job took about 30 mins ex drying times. A dark grey primer, drybrush of metal parts with Scale 75 black metal, skin with Scale 75 sandalwood, Vallejo dark red or chocolate brown details, then an all over Vallejo black wash. Think I will make more of these. 

• Who's Online   27 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)