Gary Pryor

I am running a D&D game with my friends using the new Ravnica setting. The world has a very unique look, and one of the player characters in our group is an steampunk/elephant-man/mad-scientist. I couldn't find any miniatures remotely resembling that, so I made my own out of a reaper Avatar of Strength and some warmachines loose pieces I got on ebay for cheap. I have never done any kitbashing or sculpting before (just made it up as I went along) but I feel it turned out pretty cool (even though I am pretty lousy painter). Couldn't wait to show it off a little here, even though the lighting is really bad in here at night for pictures.

Painted with all the cheap Reaper HD I picked-up during the sale.

Question, comments, feed-back appreciated.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg4.thumb.jpg.29c0e95ff4beafcd96b453c71d65f6eb.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by Gary Pryor
forgot to add about what paint brand I used/more photos.
  • Like 22

Looks cool! My friends and I are going to be playing in the same setting. I'm hoping someone releases more elephant-man minis soon. 

• Like 3

Interesting. 

You can improve the photography with a plain piece of paper behind the figure. The painted mat and background blur distract from your creative work. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

Interesting. 

You can improve the photography with a plain piece of paper behind the figure. The painted mat and background blur distract from your creative work. 

I added some more photos in front of some paper. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Monoksbones
      Saw this figure in my LGS a while back, decided to buy it, and now I'm using it as my new DnD character. He was quite intriguing to paint. I really enjoyed this one. I used Citadel paints for it. I also gave it a spray undercoat first, I do with all minis even ones that are already primed, too much of a habit now.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Pigsy, part of the Guild of Harmony faction from the game Twisted.

Had a lot of fun painting this one, I was originally a bit worried by all the little details and layers of clothing but it wasn't a problem.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Gary Pryor
      2nd attempt at creating a steam-punk elephant-women mad-scientist, representing a PC in a game I am running. Since such a model does not exist I made one.
      It consists of the following parts:
      The base model I had printed through HeroForge  I pinched the cables and coils from a warmachines model I found on ebay.  Finished it off with some lightning I had laying around from the previous attempt (I think it was creating action figure dioramas, but I have thrown out the packaging long ago). Nothing on the model is Reaper, but I painted it with Reaper Paints.

I had a lot of fun trying out all kinds of configurations with poster tack until settling on this combination for the rigging. The only thing it is missing is her faction symbol on the shield, but I wasn't sure how to make a stencil small enough. If any has any technique for adding coat of arms to a models, outside of trying to free hand it, I would to hear it. Here are a few pictures. The other model is for scale, and is just what I had handy.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Scarab Mummy, a minion for the Egyptian faction in the game Twisted, he's a mummy that's been redesigned to have a more pleasing beetle theme (which I guess technically makes him more of a Flesh Golem).

Had a lot of fun with this one, I'm still pretty bad at painting gems but I think I'm getting better.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 142 Guests (See full list)