Gary Pryor

I am running a D&D game with my friends using the new Ravnica setting. The world has a very unique look, and one of the player characters in our group is an steampunk/elephant-man/mad-scientist. I couldn't find any miniatures remotely resembling that, so I made my own out of a reaper Avatar of Strength and some warmachines loose pieces I got on ebay for cheap. I have never done any kitbashing or sculpting before (just made it up as I went along) but I feel it turned out pretty cool (even though I am pretty lousy painter). Couldn't wait to show it off a little here, even though the lighting is really bad in here at night for pictures.

Painted with all the cheap Reaper HD I picked-up during the sale.

Question, comments, feed-back appreciated.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg4.thumb.jpg.29c0e95ff4beafcd96b453c71d65f6eb.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by Gary Pryor
forgot to add about what paint brand I used/more photos.
  • Like 22

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By lazarp
      The body is from a tehnolog roman and the arms, head and shield are from an oathmark dwarf infantry sprue! It was a very fun kitbash and a qucik paintjob 🙂
      Thanks for looking!

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Agatha Christie, a member of the Egyptian faction in the game Twisted by Demented Games.

She's slightly slanted (I think I've been attaching my minis to their bases before the Greenstuff fully dries, so they go a bit wonky when they set) and googly eyed (At a certain point you just have to stop fiddling with them!), but overall I'm really pleased with how she turned out.
      Just got to get her companion Mecha Poirot painted now.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Rigel
      About what it says in the title. Junk to jewels! Took some little gumball-machine toy dispenser bubbles, some scrap bits, and some GW Bitz that my friendly l.g.s let me fish out of the Sprue Heap. 

The goal was to make some baroque domed aquaria in the steampunk and dieselpunk line--the sort you might see in a Hellboy comic or Victorian science fiction.

One is good, but now I've got the urge to make more!

This one used a Reaper base and a Wizkids base to make the stand. Some Ork canisters provided plumbing:

They would be good museum pieces, space characters, or simply curiosities in The Fisherman's Rest:

Next up: Bombshell brains and craft-store jewelry domes, plus a dollhouse candlestick and the Bitz to make a brain-in-a-jar!

• By Inarah
      More of my backlog from summer.  Vermina has a ton of detail, but it's hard to do grimy steampunk and make it all show up.  I wanted to show her feminine and playful side so I started by making her clothing pink.   She has rats around her feet and on her shoulder.  I used this figure in a Shadowrun game as a street shaman. 

Always a few spots you missed that show up on camera afterward. 

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Alfredo "The Dandy" Francini, a low level mobster with a love of brightly coloured clothes, he's part of the Scylla faction from the now defunct (I think) game Wolsung by Micro Arts Studio.

This guy has been sitting in my 'to be painted' pile for far too long, so I worked on him for the last couple of weeks in between other projects.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.