Gary Pryor

I am running a D&D game with my friends using the new Ravnica setting. The world has a very unique look, and one of the player characters in our group is an steampunk/elephant-man/mad-scientist. I couldn't find any miniatures remotely resembling that, so I made my own out of a reaper Avatar of Strength and some warmachines loose pieces I got on ebay for cheap. I have never done any kitbashing or sculpting before (just made it up as I went along) but I feel it turned out pretty cool (even though I am pretty lousy painter). Couldn't wait to show it off a little here, even though the lighting is really bad in here at night for pictures.

Painted with all the cheap Reaper HD I picked-up during the sale.

Question, comments, feed-back appreciated.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg4.thumb.jpg.29c0e95ff4beafcd96b453c71d65f6eb.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by Gary Pryor
forgot to add about what paint brand I used/more photos.
  • Like 21

Looks cool! My friends and I are going to be playing in the same setting. I'm hoping someone releases more elephant-man minis soon. 

• Like 3

Interesting. 

You can improve the photography with a plain piece of paper behind the figure. The painted mat and background blur distract from your creative work. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

Interesting. 

You can improve the photography with a plain piece of paper behind the figure. The painted mat and background blur distract from your creative work. 

I added some more photos in front of some paper. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting an Android Flower-seller, part of the Servants of the Engine faction in the Twisted game universe.

Had a lot of fun painting this one, although given a second chance I probably would've given her brighter flowers, and luckily you can't see the terrible bit of mold slip going on across her bonnet from this angle.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Skrill
      This project was initiated by a little failed experiment with 2 parts epoxy resin (for water effect) that snowballed into a completely unrelated diorama. 
      I put a kelpie in a clear tube and poured epoxy resin on it. There were too many bubbles in it. But this reminded me of the round aquariums so often pictured in mad scientists’ lab.
      The closest mini for scientists I had, were 2 chronoscope Bones. The furniture and decor is a mix of handmade (foam, clay, random recycling), Boardgame spare pieces (Dungeon Saga) and Bones. 

C&C welcome. 

• By Brianuk
      Bit of a kitbash here. The chap with the spear is from Alternative Armies. The others are a mix of Warlord orc heads (previously Wargames Factory) with two frostgrave arms and bodies,  one Oathmark goblin, and one Oathmark dwarf heavy infantryman.

Have managed to get a really quick palette going for speed painting orcs. I prime them by brush with Vallejo dark grey primer, then use Scale 75 black metal for the armour, Vallejo hammered copper for decoration and metal details, dark red for cloth and dark brown for leather. The skin is Vallejo Model Colour Heavy Warm Grey. Then the whole model gets a black ink wash and I pick out teeth etc in light grey. These models took about 90 minutes altogether, ex drying time. 

• By aku-chan
      Starting a new mini, called Blunderbuss, she's one of my many, many (many) Twisted Urkins I have left to paint.

Made some progress today:-

Painted her gas-mask, it's mostly Red Leather shaded with Brown Wash, but it's also got Iraqi Sand stitches, Bronze bits, Oily Steel bits and a 1:1 Magic Blue/Ghost Grey eye lens. 
    • By Pingo
      This is Stonehaven's Half-Orc Nobleman, another nice and eccentric steampunk character. The quote in the title of the thread is from Beau Brummell.

Comments, etc. welcome. WIP thread here.

This is all paint:

• Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)