Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Hydra Miniatures Saurian Idol

A wonderful piece of pulp adventure terrain, suitable for the Serpent Men of Valusia, the Yuan-Ti or Lizardfolk, or any game with dinosaur cults or a reptilian civilization. @Glitterwolf might find this useful--and it's a very painter-friendly sculpt.  

For scale, we have a 28mm Kirangozi and a 32mm safari explorer. 

DSCN5228.JPG

DSCN5229.JPG

DSCN5230.JPG

DSCN5231.JPG

DSCN5232.JPG

• Like 11

That's a cool terrain piece!

Ah, the poor naive explorer will soon find herself surrounded by the worshipers of this Idol!

• Like 1

Great piece!

"What a wonderful find!  I must get a picture!  They'll never believe this back at the University.  Don't be silly, Mustafa - the cult of Grignosh died out centuries ago.  There's nothing to worry about...umm...do you hear drums, Mustafa?  Mustafa...?"

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      A truly superb journalist sculpt from Cold War Miniatures, this is Earthling Gail (a retro Dale-from-Flash-Gordon homage). Crisp pulp-era fashion sense and a great air of determination.  Guest-starring RatTrap's Bridget O'Rourke and Grenadier's Vile Villain (Caspar Gutman).  Afflict the comfortable, comfort the afflicted, spell it RIGHT, and get a SOURCE!

And the intrepid reporters and editor at the Arkham Advertiser: 

• By Citrine
      This Grenadier Hydra (SKU 124) has been languishing on my painting table for a really long time (maybe 30 years), so I decided it was time to finish it once and for all.  I wanted it to have a similar color scheme to the Grenadier Hydra Dragon (SKU 9911) I painted 30+ years ago, in one weekend (to get it ready for the game on Sunday afternoon).
      It is a true oldie, with a bunch of that old mini charm, but it has a serious lean.  I didn't realize how bad it actually was until I glued it together after painting.

• By Annie
      Sorry for the late yell, been the busiest month of life...ever!

TooFatLardies collaboration - last few hours of my KS for British Home Front. They're working on a FREE supplement with rules and scenarios for all the minis, not just for the women, rules that will fit with your male and existing figures too for Chain of Command. But of course there are many games and eras you can use em in.

As well as women there's hero dogs, pigeons and other critters!

Bad Squiddo is just me and I've been working my arrrrse off getting this off the ground, so even a cheeky peek and share would be amazing. And thank you everyone who has backed so far, we've made some really incredible things happen.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/women-of-ww2-british-home-front-28mm-miniatures

• By Rigel
      Took me long enough to sculpt, then paint, then photograph this fella, but here he is at long last! The ape-armed brute, the mook, the Fall Guy, the smash-and-grab man with the cauliflower ears and the broken nose. Made with the crowbar from EL DIABLO. 

What's his name?
      Puddin' Tame.
      Ask him again, he'll tell you the same. 

More angles: 

"Whoof, finally got that safe down. Gutman better find something good in here; dat weren't easy."

"Whoa whoa whoa fellas! This ain't what it looks like, and I admit it sure LOOKS...not real great."

Let's also celebrate the real hero of this picaresque narrative, the shipping container! I need to get a second one and see just how far I can push the rust effects. Also need to airbrush some graffiti on there. 

• By Inarah
      I rescued Bonnie and Max from the box of goodwill and made them ready for table use, sharing a simplified palette of colors: blue, tan, green, and orange.  Max got a weapon swap, and some resculpting of the left arm because it was so much larger than the right it looked like it came off a different figure.   I reposed Bonnie slightly more upright than her original position.  They are both on CMON/Microarts graveyard bases. 

Max pulled his collar up against the wind and puled his old college scarf closer around his neck. "Come on Bonnie, there's nothing out here."

"I heard something over there,"  Bonnie replied. 

"It's a cat. I don't think we need to worry about it. "

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)