Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I’ve been working on this dragon too.
It has some serious lean. In order to try to address this, I cut the front feet away from the back feet, and from each other. I was hoping gluing the to the base separately would do it, but no!
Still serious lean.
I decided to pin the feet to the base, but as I played with it, realized the back feet, left and right front feet would all have to be at different levels.
It’s now straight and erect. I had to chop and reposition the tail for this, or else the tip dipped below the level of the base. Now I need to sculpt green stuff supports around these pins. Then I’ll try to turn them in to rocks.
Starting up another, now that Janan is done.
Satheras, Male Warlock. He had a really bent staff. On the behind shot you can see I cut it off at the hand, wedged a bit out and re glued it into a straighter angle. I also cut him off his integral base, since it had no texture.
Hoping to try to get a little better at OSL on him, with a green gem in the staff.
Pathfinder Red Dragon #60028 is a hefty beastie and I definitely did not paint him red. Instead I tried a rainbow piece for Pride 2020 (finished 8/1/2020). Also my first painted model posted here. Pardon my photography skills. I used cut up Caryatid column #77378 for a bit of terrain on the base. My biggest metal model to date.
In my continuing effort to continue at least 1 dragon a month, here is my next entry, the wizkids gargantuan dragon. I believe I should name this one PanicusMaximusNecakus because this one presented special and exciting problems because the dragon has apparently decided to do the flamenco feather dance and his wings were a major obstacle when trying to paint the left side of the dragon's body. I realize the cause was because they were trying to get the dragon in the box but man was that difficult to work with.
I wound up spending a lot of time with one hand pinning the dragon and the wing to the table while I painted with the other. It was not the most convenient method of painting. He was also very prickly... very, very prickly!
because its such a big base, I wanted to provide some interest for the game. I used the old road stamp from Basius to generate some pieces of broken road amongst a clearing in early fall. I was thinking of adding a smudge of snow but if I did it would conflict with the ruined stone.
Overall though I like how he came out and I really like the results on his tail and his crown of horns.
Hope everyone like him. This is still tabletop quality as I have been trying to produce quantity over quality.
By Dan S
I recently played and really enjoyed Pathfinder: Kingmaker (PC not tabletop), and I've had the urge to paint up some Pathfinder miniatures. This guy is the Stag Lord (SKU 60073), I figured he would be quite appropriate as the first miniature painted up to be photographed on the ruined keep scenic backdrop I built recently. I really enjoyed painting this guy (I am weird and enjoy painting skin tones far too much, bare chested models are always a treat). My only regret is gluing his helmet on before painting his face, those big teeth made it really hard to get a brush inside the helmet at an angle that wasn't awkward, after a massive struggle I gave up trying to dot the eyes.
Who's Online 11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)