Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures City Fall by IDW Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idwgames/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-adventures-city-fall?ref=645248&token=49fe2161

09f0f13ccd407505b8cdf8daa5bdc06a_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1546991167&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=57da2bb0aade5df462fbbc65f5521522

c0e6cd83066e0a76d5d343fead9a310b_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1547509739&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=3b561c1dfec7b585f7264f3e2d6bb698

3511e1283d7cb85c0aa25d1366dc7141_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1547509811&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=94588b4069198b752022cf38fa83412f

for all your turtle minis needs (there seem to be an awful lot of proprietary dice gameplay wise, but other than that I haven't looked to hard at it)

• Like 3

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm was so pumped for this one, but now I'm really on the fence.

Grew up with the original TMNT cartoon series and arcade/computer games - Check

Missed out on the first TMNT board game that IDW Kickstarted 3 years ago - Check

Love board games - Check

Have kids that are TMNT fans thanks to the new cartoon series - Check

Several positive gameplay reviews of original TMNT board game - Check

IDW have had 3 years to learn from the mistakes and fine tune both the game and their Kickstarter - Check

Based on all that, it seemed like a no brainer for me to back this one.

$250 USD + $50 shipping (and stretch goals only apply to backers at this level) - [insert disc scratch sound effect]

Even with good reviews of the previous game, $300 USD is a very large chunk of money for me to drop on a board game that I've never played before. The only other board game I backed at that level was S2 of Zombicide and that was off the back of stellar gameplay reviews and feedback on the first Zombicide Kickstarter. IDW, on the other hand, had massive scaling issues with their first TMNT board game (the scaling was all over the place, to the point where you couldn't really say the game had a particular scale).

So I'm really on the fence with this one. Hopefully enough stuff will get added to the campaign over the next 3 weeks to make it worth the money, but at the moment I'm not so sure.

29 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Their first game is pretty nice, Hubby was really pleased with it. And all the minis are well done. We won't be able to back this one, but for those who are interested, their last KS was pretty smooth. 

Makes me sad we can't back, is love to have those Slash figures ::(:

You didn't mind the fact that the scaling for the various minis was all over the shop?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

You didn't mind the fact that the scaling for the various minis was all over the shop?

I honestly can't say if I noticed. I'd have to pull the game out again (havent played it since last we moved) and take a look to be able to give you an informed opinion on the scaling. All I remember right now is that my Hubby was enthusiastically playing with the turtles :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I honestly can't say if I noticed. I'd have to pull the game out again (havent played it since last we moved) and take a look to be able to give you an informed opinion on the scaling. All I remember right now is that my Hubby was enthusiastically playing with the turtles :lol:

I don’t own a copy of the game, but the pictures I saw online of the scale differences were terrible. One version of Shredder is tinier than just about any other mini, the other version is extra huge. April towers over most of the other minis and some of the foot soldiers look about 8ft tall.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Unit04 said:

I played the original game a couple of times as the Turtles and once as the boss.  It was fun and had a neat die mechanic.  The boss role is easy to play too so anyone can do it. 

Yeah, everything I’ve read about the gameplay has been positive. The price is the main sticking point for me at the moment (and a slight concern over possible scale issues, given the massive problems with scale last time).

On 1/16/2019 at 2:00 AM, redambrosia said:

I didn't back, but from what I've seen, the scaling issues were limited to some of the Kickstarter exclusive minis (which leads me to believe that they used a different manufacturer for the exclusives and retail game).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, odinsgrandson said:

I didn't back, but from what I've seen, the scaling issues were limited to some of the Kickstarter exclusive minis (which leads me to believe that they used a different manufacturer for the exclusives and retail game).

Check out this thread on BGG - https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1672555/inconsistent-minis-scales - the scale is all over the place.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, odinsgrandson said:

Ah, I see that I was wrong about the scale in the retail edition- it is also totally wonky.  I hope they fix that.

I backed the original game and yes the scale is all over the place, i was hoping it was fixed for this edition and it looks like it is BUT $250 to get a complete game is a joke when a lot is recycled stuff from KS1 and that is the only level with SGs!

I was going to back it but not now :( 

• Like 1