Sign in to follow this  
Skiesclear

Phineas Greybone WIP

I thought I'd try something new with this necromancer, and I don't think it's successful.  I'm hoping someone can tell me what I can try?  My DM asked for his cloak to be "Necron Green".  After watching whatever tutorials I could find about this color, it's generally a glowing effect, along with the hue.  A particular green highlighted with a bright yellow/white. I decided to attempt making this cloak seem to glow from the inside out, so I reversed the standard order of highlights, putting them in the recesses, and the darkest color on the most raised areas, much like I would for fire.  I don't think it is coming across as an inner power glowing.. can anyone suggest what I might change?

PHINEASWIP.jpg

• Like 6

I checked the pic before reading, and I assumed you were going for a glowing effect--I wondered if it wasn't going to be entirely glowing, as a spirit or energy presence.  You might try taking the brightest parts all the way to white, some of the darkest areas a little darker--as though they're in shadows--and maybe add some OSL (object source lighting--if the cloak glows, it should light up anything near it) to the non-cloak areas.  Otherwise, looks pretty cool so far.

• Like 2

Thank you!  I hadn't considered that the glow would spill over onto things next to it.  I'll give it a try, and boost the contrast as well. 

Edited by Skiesclear
  • Like 1