Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

13 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Welcome to the club! I'll need your name, address, and favorite food so I can get your membership card made up and get you put on the mailing list. Don't worry, we won't clutter your mailbox. The guy who does the newsletter is one of us too, so we're lucky if we get one every 6 months.

Club?

12 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

You're not alone, since December I've been dealing with similar. I've been trying to gently force myself back into painting if nothing else as a distraction from the loops. Are you able to sleep alright? Because sleep deprivation doesn't take long to wreck havoc.

That really stinks; I'm sorry, friend! And sleeping, hah! I haven't slept right in.... 15 years? But I appreciate your concern. 

29 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I hate spammers.

Absolutely. But I'm also cackling a little bit because the spammer said they were "Legit counterfeiters." :lol:

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

I will join the club as well.

I was almost feeling better and getting more cheerful again when the @#$ hit the fan last week.

Combined with toothache and being tired a lot, even little things cause me stress at this point.

I try to fight it.

Count my blessings, do fun stuff, force myself into doing things I like.

I just need a little rest and I hope no bad things will happen for a while.

We will fight the Brainweasels!

We will do this!

• Like 11

It's finally dawned on me that I have movie-like dreams because I watch movies before I go to sleep.

It sounds so obvious, but it didn't click with me until I realised last nights dream (A musical about a couple going on a time-travelling murder/robbery spree) was probably heavily influenced by last nights viewing of Highlander.

• Like 12

These mudder fluffers need to step back and leave me alone a few minutes to eat. Or I'm gonna break someone :angry:

As soon as I got to work I find out the local power company wants to rent "all our rooms", but they never sent us a list, so I've been dealing with that cluster pluck all night. As well as a mess of paperwork. 

And now these people who le who keep calling to confirm the same three reservations. That were cancelled by the guest :angry: 

Let me eat or I will teleport to your location and stab you with this spoon!!!!

• Like 16

Wanted to paint last night but had some annoyingly frequent hiccups.... All night.  Of all the random things that can stop you from painting, and it just had to be hiccups, didn't it. O_o;;;

Starting to get more and more ideas for various minis, which is something you could say I'm happy and excited about (especially on the ones I got gray liner in and then brain started spinning tires of colour ideas) ^_^

• Like 7

Twizzles and fream, topped with the salne of chisets surrounded by the opges of swquits.

This has been your morning random sentence.

Plus I wanted to fight with autocorrect. I really should just turn that off.

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Twizzles and fream, topped with the salne of chisets surrounded by the opges of swquits.

This has been your morning random sentence.

Plus I wanted to fight with autocorrect. I really should just turn that off.

"Auto-correct is my worst enema"

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

My smile today was getting a text message saying work was closed due to the weather At that point (about quarter after 6, it was just cold). But who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth. I went back to bed. Been up maybe half an hour now, and it's only just starting to snow. 

SNOW DAY!!

Gonna do some homework, but also gonna hobby! 

• Like 13

Coffee machines now completely absent at work. I hope they're working on replacing them. It's socially acceptable to just bring the whole pot from home and drink straight out of it, right?

• Like 13

1 minute ago, NomadZeke said:

It's socially acceptable to just bring the whole pot from home and drink straight out of it, right?

Of course, we would expect nothing less (especially from a Sith).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Once again, UPS has notified my wife she has a gift coming, this time for Valentines. And they told her what company it was coming from. I’m going to have to use her 1950’s style formal married name next time so they don’t friggin’ tell her and ruin the surprise!

• Like 15

1 minute ago, redambrosia said:

I made it through the night without stabbing anyone with a spoon.

What about a fork? knife? Spork? Spatula?

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

10 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I just found out that Grumpy has had Baldur's Gate on Gog for longer than we have been married.

And never told me.

I LOVED that game, and he knew it.

He just thought I somehow magically knew that I could download it anytime I liked, so didn't think to TELL ME!

He did the same thing with the Eberron books.

Just because I CAN look at what he has on those sites doesn't mean that I HAVE!

He has almost all the old D&D CRPGs. BG, BG 2, IWD, IWD2.

And of course the internet is being an anal polyp tonight, and. Downloading. Very. Slowly.

I just hope they live up to my memory. I was pretty young when I played them.

I've been playing Baldur's Gate EE off and on for the last 6 months. I think it still stands up and someday I'll get around to the updated versions of Icewind Dale 1 and 2 as well. Already got Baldur's Gate 2 on the computer but waiting to finish the first one. But I do play a lot of older games. More than new ones really. Years ago the wife agreed to let me buy a pretty good new computer. I was so happy I'd finally get to play some of the latest games. But 2 kids and not a lot of spare cash meant I went searching for cheap or free old games (including Sega Genesis games from when I was in college using an emulator). I decided I'd rather have a buttload of old games I liked than one or 2 brand new ones. So now I get my "new" games a year or two after release when they're on sale and still grab the old ones for next to nothing.

3 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I made it through the night without stabbing anyone with a spoon.

Always a good thing.

Woke up way too early because of a wierd dream. This time of year is slow for work and normally would be when I rest up. Got a few minor things nagging me that I can't really do anything about anyhow. Frustrating when they get into my subconscious and mess up my sleep. Had a crappy cycle the last year or so since the baby was born. Never did sleep real well but lately it's like this; Baby or wife sick so no sleep for 2-3 days, exhausted so sleep good 1 night, work/family stress so no sleep for a day or two, exhausted so sleep good, slept good last night so no sleep tonight, baby sick/other crisis so no sleep again. Seems like the days I got a lot to do I don't sleep and barely drag myself through it. Then the days I'm free I sit around twiddling my thumbs. At least I got a ton of hobby projects to occupy me then.

So yeah, the rest of you dealing with stress, depression and whatever else have my sympathy. Be nice to just be able to shove it out of our minds even for a short time.

• Like 12