Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

As of a couple hours ago he's gone... 

I've spent the last couple of hours just sort of...being. Husband may not come home tonight, not sure yet. Have a horrendous headache on top of all of that. This is day 5 of headaches. It was gone briefly this morning and then came back after I stopped crying. Nothing is making it budge though. Really don't want to have to take a migraine pill if I don't have to.

• Like 2
  • Sad 27

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

It boggles my mind sometimes that because of direct deposit and credit cards, I get paid in some configuration of electrons out ... somewhere... and then give those same electrons to places that then hand me food.

Nobody kick that electric cord please! Pretty sure some of the electrons will spill out and I don’t know how to get them back in.

Electron spillage is OK and potentially recoverable from.

HOWEVER, if the spillage is accompanied by Smoke, forgedaboudit.  The smoke is the sign of terminal electron leakage.  Not leakage from a terminal but leakage as in change of state from mutable electrons to "PFFT", which is the sound that usually accompanies small scale leakages providing the visual signal of smoke.

Once you have smoke other electrons that would otherwise be converted to food and other daily necessities must be converted into New Hardware as the electrons are so unhappy with the old hardware they refuse to inhabit the old hardware and may make their displeasure known if the device is energized by more PFFT, accompanied by even more smoke, and possibly "the smell" which is "distinctive" [a combination of burned plastic and Buglip's socks], and once smelled in the presence of PFFT and smoke is recognized as evidence of PFFT and smoke having occurred in the recent past.

Spilled Electrons need to be recovered and reinstalled by a professional.  Failure to have the work performed by an experienced re-installer, known and recognized by Ready-Kilowatt may result in Ready-Kilowatt showing up unannounced and performing the  Initiation Rites of The Electrician.

Participation in this ceremony without the proper preparation and instruction of the Candidate may result in the Ceremony being turned into the Rite of Trial By Electrocution, the outcome of which is usually fatal for the probationer, and results in the release of large quantities of smoke of a non electrical nature.

GEM

Twinkle Twinkle

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
typo monster struck again
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I've spent the last couple of hours just sort of...being. Husband may not come home tonight, not sure yet. Have a horrendous headache on top of all of that. This is day 5 of headaches. It was gone briefly this morning and then came back after I stopped crying. Nothing is making it budge though. Really don't want to have to take a migraine pill if I don't have to.

You have my sympathy, understanding, and prayers.

GEM

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I took today off because I saved up all this leave for winter snowstorms dammit, an ice storm is close enough.

Did some hobbying. Took a mini from bare to primed to finished in about 2 hours. Pics later. 

Absolutely!

33 minutes ago, Corsair said:

@SparrowMarie praying for you here.

@SparrowMarie same. *hugs*

So far I've built a bunch of gnolls, goblins, a couple more cultists, a kitbashed beastcrafter wizard... which is great, because assembled minis totally take up more space than unassembled clipped ones... Wait... :unsure: Hold on... I think I've discovered a flaw in tonight's efforts... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

35 minutes ago, Corsair said:

What question? Paint CAVs!

My Poison Wind Globadiers would like to have a word with you....  Why yes, of course in that barely lit alley over there, whyever do you ask? ::P:  We'll see what winds up getting worked on.  I have this somewhat large urge to work on mutant murderous rats and gnolls tonight....  Possibly to work towards clearing some space on the painting desk, or quite possibly because I'm seriously contemplating the idea of having just a few larger projects on the go at once...  Say, I dunno, a dragon that's been collecting dust for a while, that big bad mech (of doom), and a Minotaur Demon Lord...  Oh, and for good measure because I like working in fours (or fives some days), I've been really really REALLY tempted to pick up a Doomwheel....  There's also that Victoria Miniatures Sledgehammer BFG calling my name too...  Yeah, the BFG definitely calls...  Doubly so as a troublesome trio (eventually), with two of them being the Howling Wolf variant....

• Like 6

11 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I made it through the night without stabbing anyone with a spoon.

Tomorrow's a new day, I'm sure you'll do better. ::D:

3 hours ago, Arc 724 said:

Cornbread... You know, I've never made cornbread before. TIME TO TRY SOMETHING NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can do eeeet!

3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Work so can't be done soon enough today, I have an insane itch... Errr urge, to paint... 

And I made sure to thoroughly kill those hiccups I had last night, including three different murder with spoon methods just to be safe.   Provided they don't have some in unknown brother to worry about, I suspect painting will happen. 

Now it's just a question of gnolls/kitsune or Skaven...  So basically murderous spotted mohawk welders, or murderous rat fings.... 

.. Or stsrt painting a CAV.  Too many options.  Doubly so the big one that totally wouldn't fit on my desk, but is still tempting anyways. 

One of each!

Guess I'm gonna be fighting the law here soon.

A couple weeks ago, I got a ticket for parking on the street during a snowstorm.

Except it DIDN'T SNOW.  At all.

Being in the middle of trying to move and deciding it wasn't worth my time to waste an entire day to go court over it, I marked the 'guilty' box and sent them their fine. I also enclosed a polite note stating that I was paying the fine under duress since it hadn't snowed.

Tonight, I came home to find a letter from the court in my mailbox saying that I have to make an appearance in court a few weeks from now.  Somehow, I doubt that they're going to apologize and give me my money back.<_<

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 9

3 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

You can do eeeet!

One of each!

A couple weeks ago, I got a ticket for parking on the street during a snowstorm.

Being in the middle of trying to move and deciding it wasn't worth my time to waste an entire day to go court over it, I marked the 'guilty' box and sent them their fine. I also enclosed a polite note stating that I was paying the fine under duress since it hadn't snowed.

Tonight, I came home to find a letter from the court in my mailbox saying that I have to make an appearance in court a few weeks from now.  Somehow, I doubt that they're going to apologize and give me my money back.<_<

Curious where you're supposed to park when it's snowing? 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

You can do eeeet!

One of each!

Alarm Bells are going off here.

I would make sure to have written proof of the local weather on the day in question and legal council present.

It sounds like somebody is attempting to do a CYA by intimidation.  Unless this is classified as a Misdemeanor instead of an Infraction posting the bail should end the matter.

Best of Luck

GEM

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Zink said:
12 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Curious where you're supposed to park when it's snowing? 

In my driveway. I was parked across the street because my wife was at work and I didn't want her to park me in (I leave for work at 6:20am). I usually put my car in the driveway after she gets home, but I forgot it that night.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

I'm sorry.  You have my sympathies and condolences.

I'd offer some chocolate but, every time I try pushing it through the monitor, it just makes the screen dirty.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

*hugs* You have my sympathies, Sparrowmarie.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Did some hobbying. Took a mini from bare to primed to finished in about 2 hours. Pics later. 

Congratulations, Tovarich. You are hereby awarded "Hero of Miniature Painting Labour" (1st Class)

Hero_Work_KZ.thumb.jpg.ad21e26279a7cbd8257e2ce1d3748a75.jpg

Edited by paintybeard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

One of each!

I like how you roll....  We shall lsee how such things play out, I might just be lazy and fire up YouTube or such >.>;;;;

But some of each sounds good.. I want to stsrt on bases for the CAVs, get the tunics for my poison wind globadiers and.... Ah unno for others :p

• Like 6