Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

I ... haven’t been keeping up with the Randomness thread, sorry.

Am currently in a hotel room waiting for sci fi convention registration to open. Got a bunch of big egg temperas and little oils in the art show.

Almost the entire family is going to be on panels. PingosHusband’s packed day is tomorrow, mine is Saturday (six hours of panels! :zombie:), and Kid #1 a.k.a. “Red” from Overly Sarcastic Productions is on a bunch scattered.

I’m looking forward to the two of them being on a panel about multigenerational fandom tomorrow. ::D:

• Like 12

Today I did the most Canadian thing ever--I cleaned up the end of my driveway after the snow plow visited.  ::D:  I was even nice and partially cleared access to our mailbox.  It's going to take a while for all that snow to melt and now the mailbox has a head start.

• Like 13

43 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Today I did the most Canadian thing ever--I cleaned up the end of my driveway after the snow plow visited.  ::D:  I was even nice and partially cleared access to our mailbox.  It's going to take a while for all that snow to melt and now the mailbox has a head start.

Did you wish death by a thousand frozen yellow snowballs upon the snow plow operator?

'Cause that's totally a Canadian thing too. Especially when they drive by again as you're just finishing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

Am currently in a hotel room waiting for sci fi convention registration to open. Got a bunch of big egg temperas and little oils in the art show.

Almost the entire family is going to be on panels. PingosHusband’s packed day is tomorrow, mine is Saturday (six hours of panels! :zombie:), and Kid #1 a.k.a. “Red” from Overly Sarcastic Productions is on a bunch scattered.

I’m looking forward to the two of them being on a panel about multigenerational fandom tomorrow. ::D:

That is so cool!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

What is slightly worrying is that it's getting more and more recognized that a loss of taste and smell can be an early sign of neurological diseases (MS; Alzheimer's; Parkinson's). I'm going to push my family doctor to investigate more.

So, about 15 years ago my dad's sense of smell and taste faded. He chalked it up to getting older. But what you say worries me, because he's been diagnosed with Lewy body dementia and now needs 24 hour care. I have no idea if they're connected or not, but definitely investigate. That is not something you want to go through, if you can avoid it... ::(:p

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 11

19 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

That is so cool!!

Yeah. Last year Kid #1 was on some panels about social media and LGBT issues and a fan of her YouTube channel recognized her and got all excited and it turns out their mom was some sort of events director for the convention and they said Please could she be on more panels this year.

So ... I guess it is cool, at that. :blush: Thanks.

• Like 10

Some people just completely fail at logical thinking. 

So, they got a snow plow and cleared off the apartment parking lot. Except, they put a mountain of snow on top of one of the drains. 

They probably arent aware that these mountains of snow of snow take months to melt. Heck, one year we had their remains in May! 

So we're going to be afflicted with a parking lot lake for months <_<

• Sad 11

5 hours ago, TGP said:

How does that work?

In this case, magic.

In the real world, algae would get into the barrels if there was any crud - while not literally rotting, it did become something you could not drink. (An old saying was that you could eat maggoty meat, but not drink green water.)

While technically a very low level haunt (Contaminate Food and Drink is a 0 level spell) it is pernicious. Corrupting one full barrel of water each day.

If the party cleric was with this bunch then there would be no problem - Purify Food and Drink is also a 0 level spell.

Without a cleric, they need to solve this fast.

Dion - the kid that was freaking out about the haunt - is a Magus. If they do not come up with a solution, then a bargain might be possible - among the bones was a blackened blade.... If he accepts the bargain, the haunt will become the ego of the blade. But it will want something in return.

Next week is the other group - so they have some time to think about it. ::P:

The Auld Grump - the local Swing dance is not happening this year. So Megan is not going to have a chance to wear her swishy, beaded black dress. ::(: We've done the dance for the last four years, and I have no idea why it didn't happen this year.

2 hours ago, Pingo said:

The family that Cons together Bonds together!

The Auld Grump

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

They probably arent aware that these mountains of snow of snow take months to melt. Heck, one year we had their remains in May! 

One of the bus garages here in Edmonton.... Their mountain is usually still visible in August... 

City is happy if their snow storage area melts by mid-June... 

It's amazing how resilient snow is. Out layer melts... And then KEEPS the cold IN... 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Three applications submitted: configuration, vehicle lead, and systems analysis.

That middle one is out of my league, so expect rejection within 24 hours. The first one is headed by someone I know and have worked with before and the last one requires experience in a niche software that I have extensive experience with.

I’ve already notified my manager that he will probably be getting email notification of my disloyalty soon.

Good luck!!

Hey, what happened to our house affiliations?

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The family that Cons together Bonds together!

Only until one of them decides to use another family member as a mark. Then it all goes downhill as they try to out-swindle each other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

19 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Good luck!!

Hey, what happened to our house affiliations?

No one wanted to continue it, so they removed it.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Good grief!! See what happens when I leave you all alone for a little while?!? Sheeesh....

(not really fussed about it either way, I just knew something was different, and it suddenly dawned on me what it was)

• Like 5

I has badge ribbons!

Let’s see if I can load this pic (It’s right off my device and is kind of enormous ) ...

Spoiler

41DC996F-F15C-4C50-83B8-A4E504D677C5.thumb.jpeg.9061a28503006bdb5708d336a771dce6.jpeg

• Like 18

37 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

No one wanted to continue it, so they removed it.

House Bones Supporter stands triumphant! Muahahahahahaha! Muahahahahaha!

Now where's my cat and my fancy leather office chair...

• Like 4
  • Haha 6