Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

1 minute ago, redambrosia said:

I mean, it's not like casseroles are difficult :rolleyes: if I had a crock pot I imagine they'd be even easier.

I had this weird dream where Dwayne (the rock) Johnson was a wizard and he was fighting the forces of evil, which was lead by Cate Blanchett as a necromancer. There was a pretty rad castle in it too. Kept getting bigger. Or it was just bigger on the inside.

I guess I woke up before I met the time lord. 

Can I get the ingredient list for your casserole?

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, TripleH said:

Can I get the ingredient list for your casserole?

Well, this last one was a little ravioli casserole, so raviolis. For the sauce (which turned out really gooey) I had Italian sausage, onion, garlic, basil, sun dried tomatoes in oil, sliced mushrooms, and a knoor rosa pesto sauce packet in heavy cream. And like, almost too much cheese. 

I don't really do recipes. I just kinda throw stuff together and season (or cheese) to taste.

ETA: I don't think this casserole would have worked in a crock pot.

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I mean, it's not like casseroles are difficult :rolleyes: if I had a crock pot I imagine they'd be even easier.

I had this weird dream where Dwayne (the rock) Johnson was a wizard and he was fighting the forces of evil, which was lead by Cate Blanchett as a necromancer. There was a pretty rad castle in it too. Kept getting bigger. Or it was just bigger on the inside.

So she took the Ring in the end...

You might want to write down what details you can remember of the dream, form it into a script and send it out. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

2.5 hours left of work to go..

Then i work tomorrow...then it's pokemon Go community day...then it's a friend's 30th bday

• Like 7

Now Best Buy wants me to review the TV I haven't got yet.  And I'm like:  "Don't you go bringing Samsung into this!  This is between you and me, Best Buy!"

5 days.

• Like 4
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

So since I had to rebuild my music collection it seemed only proper to fill it first with Metallica and Megadeth.  Having done so, it then seemed only logical to listen to them in order.  This has proven most satisfactory, as it feels like a real ripping metal duel, with each attempting to out thrash the other.

On my way to the end of Peace Sells, it occured to me that Dave Mustaine is almost 60 years old.  And then, suddenly, I heard a whispered rustling noise I couldn't place right away.

It was my joints.  Turning to dust.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

More or less spoiler free version:

Is it a VR fantasy game, with swords and oh noes, we're trapped in it?  That's season 1, aka Aincrad.

Is it fairies flying about, with an interesting magic system involved and Kirito being a clueless idiot on a regular basis?  That's season 2, aka Alfheim Online.

Does it involve guns?  That's season 3, aka Gun Grave Online, or GGO. 

Was it a movie?  That's Ordinal Scale. 

Does it involve a short lil brat (who's awesome) wearing all pink?  That's SAO Alternate: GGO. 

Sword Art Online.  Depending on who you ask, it's either the new "better than sliced bread" popular anime, it's "what VR should be like" or its an OK anime that's entertaining to watch. 

I'm... I enjoyed it, but I sure enjoyed SAO Abridged a LOT more, but abridged series usually wind up being that way (better, and funnier) 

I just finished the Aincrad arc. It was good, but I was also sitting there going "14 episodes? That's it?" I was expecting more. Also, the end was kinda lame. It was entertaining though, so I'll probably continue watching it just to see how it goes.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Weird-O said:

At least you wouldn't need to scrape up a mole of moles for the dish...

Molé

( iGadgetry keyboard FTW.)

(...also :winkthumbs: for science pun...)

Was there a submarine? and four commandos** who swam from it up to to the watergate of the super secret base, then ditched their scuba-gear, only to discover the entrance had been hopelessly blocked by earthquake damage (or maybe earthquake bombs or battleship rounds...that wasn’t clear) so, they geared up and hiked off into the jungle....?

If not, that ^ mess must have been a different dreamscape. 

Edited by TGP
**I ask because the commandos looked kinda like DJ
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Yummy dinner, grabbed some new beers, want to watch the new episode of Star Trek, but my bride has to work... :unsure:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Is it a VR fantasy game, with swords and oh noes, we're trapped in it?  That's season 1, aka Aincrad.

Is it fairies flying about, with an interesting magic system involved and Kirito being a clueless idiot on a regular basis?  That's season 2, aka Alfheim Online.

Does it involve guns?  That's season 3, aka Gun Grave Online, or GGO.

Yes. Those are what I watched. 

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I'd pay money to watch that. Give the Rock a call. He seems cool and might be willing. ::D:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I hope everyone is doing great. Family had the day off from School today and I had the day off, played video games, watched some TV. It is cold outside with snow and ice, Glad I did not have to go anywhere today. Not looking forward to going to work tomorrow. Tired of the bloody cold. 

• Like 12

Hotel nice and cozy. Family involved in “Intergenerational Fandom” panel this evening. Got some books (All Systems Red - finally I can read the Murderbot Diaries!). Hotel restaurant packed but fortunately the kids love room service. Husband met one of our gaming buddies from college in the elevator.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

I just finished the Aincrad arc. It was good, but I was also sitting there going "14 episodes? That's it?" I was expecting more. Also, the end was kinda lame. It was entertaining though, so I'll probably continue watching it just to see how it goes.

Yeah, that was kind of my comment too...  So much potential with Aincrad, and then....  Oh hey, we're done with it, on to the next story arc!

• Like 3