Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

EVERY TIME there is a cold snap (reverse) here in Alabama I start coughing... EVERY TIME! I'm getting sick of this...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:
2 hours ago, Pingo said:

Dang. :unsure:

And that is the way the world will end, not with a dang, but a whimper.

The Auld Grump

Once in a great while people will be nice. What was the D-word about Pingo?  ColonelKane, who posted of woe and worry right before, or something else?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

So I'm most likely going to be making a diorama for my mom's birthday or Xmas depending on when I finish it. But if I go with a lava base like I'd like to I need lots of cork. Anyone have any good sources for it? Or advice as to what kind to use? Michael's has like rolls of cork for cheap but idk what I really need.

Hardware or auto parts place. Ask for gasket cork. Sometimes sold by the foot, sometimes by the roll. IDK how prices compare with Michael's. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My mom pointed out that my swollen tonsils could be strep, so I have an appointment in an hour to make sure it's not. Normally I'm good with suffering through it with just soup, but these aren't normal circumstances.

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

26 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Does running a game in public count?

I don't see why it wouldn't! :bday:

Curry for lunch was yummy, but now I have a strong desire to nap...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Welp. I'm well and truly sick. My tonsils are all swollen and nasty, I feel like a vampire has stolen what little energy I had, and my head is throbbing. Damn plague bearers getting too close to me.

That would require being in public.

Isn't your job basically "in public"?

I hope you feel better soon!

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 7

I have accomplished absolutely nothing on my to do list at work today because two of the other techs called in sick, and I keep being asked to cover for them.   

I'm not just stuck between a rock and a hard place, the rock is actively slamming me up against the hard place.  Because I can't say "No" to the service calls, but on the other hand, I'm going to catch flack for the other stuff I didn't accomplish today. 

• Sad 10

2 hours ago, TripleH said:

pssst, silly mind tricks.

*looks around and notices objects floating around.*

now put that chest down, don't you know better than messing with a dragons hoard? Unless you're going to paint for him.

*stuffs all the treasures into his pants* Ha HA! Now try to get them! *disappears into his pants and closes the drawstring*

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Once in a great while people will be nice. What was the D-word about Pingo?  ColonelKane, who posted of woe and worry right before, or something else?

That. I wasn’t expecting the page to roll over, leaving my post looking ominous at the top of a page.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*stuffs all the treasures into his pants* Ha HA! Now try to get them! *disappears into his pants and closes the drawstring*

not touching that with a telephone pole......literally not going to touch that.

Edited by TripleH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Aaarrrggghhhhh.......................the tech's computer that I'm teamviewering into right now is Sooooooooooooooo Slooooow.     Slow enough that I can browse here while I wait for it to respond to my last action. 

This wouldn't be so bad if didn't look like it was going to take over an hour to do a 15 minute job, and I have 45 minutes left in my day. 

• Sad 9

I think my TNG Blu-Rays are busted.  I found this in the main menu:

20190304_032610.thumb.jpg.0c16a8bbd00bf226516097fd0cf2ae99.jpg

but it just gives me the same amount of Data as in a regular episode.  

• Haha 16