Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

39 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:
56 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Hold on, I have a solution. *grabs bucket of rainbow glitter paint, liberally douses Pezler with it* 

There. All covered, no problem.

You didn't mention the primer coat of spray on adhesive. ::P:

GEM

I am helping! 

• Haha 7

32 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

I don't like this game any more. Can we play something else?

Game over. Our offer has been accepted :bday:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 7

4 hours ago, Pingo said:

One of many reasons I loved Martha Wells’ “Murderbot Diaries.” The MC was utterly horrified at the idea of wanting to be human.

Based solely on that, the whole series MUST BE MINE.

• Like 10

I hate being sick. My husband has the energy to sit up, while I feel like a lifeless blob, so he's able to play anthem while I have to sit here listening to him having fun (while coughing horribly). The Sick needs to leave me! 

46 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

Congratulations! :bday:

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Pingo said:
  Hide contents

2D544648-AE4D-4AE1-8A43-2A2BBC2D213E.thumb.jpeg.4a143b50b5a0c93903a2e6a63c54da65.jpeg

I want that shirt, and I'm not even a fan of Farscape!

• Like 3
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Tell them if they expect you to do three peoples work you need three peoples pay and benefits, including time off.

Otherwise you can only do two peoples work, and it will be up to your immediate supervisor to determine which two jobs you will be covering today.

GEM

I'll catch flak, but I won't get in trouble. I'm an contract tech - technically I'm self employed.  In cases like this, I just tell them that I didn't get the other stuff done because of they changed their priorities.  If they push it, I tell them they need to send me a PO for the overtime I'll have to work to catch up. 

Days like this suck in terms of my productivity, but are good for me in terms of maintaining my contract with my client - it reaffirms that they need me. 

45 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

Congrats. 

Now comes the stressful guessing game of "what BS might scuttle the whole deal this time?"

I swear, every house I bought or sold had at least 2-3 moments between the acceptance of the offer and the closing where we thought the entire deal was doomed over something stupid.  Never happened, thankfully, but taught me that it ain't over till it's over. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Pingo said:

♪♩Guess what I've been painting ... ♩♪♩

Reveal hidden contents

DSC_0005.jpg.73bdaf13717f1625933122e9fc458456.jpg

Space Booty! Yay!

I leave town for a week, and only thirty-seven new pages in my absence? I thought you lot were made of sterner stuff...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Y'know...  Apparently it's rather hard to die as a Colossus in Anthem.  I literally had several Kirito moments while we were trying to help hubby get those last two revives for him for one of the quests...

Twleve guys pumping bullets into me, and my health bar was actually going UP.  Slowly, but still.  The other dozen or so that FINALLY came in to help those guys out (after I harassed some of their base...) took their sweet time, but finally my Colossus fell... for a few moments.  Then they got to say hi to MY BIG GUN OF DOOOM because they wouldn't shoot me, they kept shooting at hubby, EVEN WHILE TAUNTED. o_O

Ahhhhh, I heart my Colossus.  Interceptor was fun for a bit, but there's just something about the BRRRRRRRRTTTT!!! of an autocannon...  Nothing quite clears a room, camp, whatever... like an autocannon.  Or clears your ammo too.  Funny how 1000 rounds per minute will clear a 200 round drum magazine surprisingly fast...

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Y'know...  Apparently it's rather hard to die as a Colossus in Anthem.  I literally had several Kirito moments while we were trying to help hubby get those last two revives for him for one of the quests...

Twleve guys pumping bullets into me, and my health bar was actually going UP.  Slowly, but still.  The other dozen or so that FINALLY came in to help those guys out (after I harassed some of their base...) took their sweet time, but finally my Colossus fell... for a few moments.  Then they got to say hi to MY BIG GUN OF DOOOM because they wouldn't shoot me, they kept shooting at hubby, EVEN WHILE TAUNTED. o_O

Ahhhhh, I heart my Colossus.  Interceptor was fun for a bit, but there's just something about the BRRRRRRRRTTTT!!! of an autocannon...  Nothing quite clears a room, camp, whatever... like an autocannon.  Or clears your ammo too.  Funny how 1000 rounds per minute will clear a 200 round drum magazine surprisingly fast...

After seeing my friend playing Anthem on Friday before our D&D game, I've been tempted to pick it up. However, I've heard some really bad things about the game's stability in general, but especially on the PS4 version, and how it crashes, locks up, or just doesn't connect. I'd be playing by myself, since all my friends are on XBOne, but whatever. I played Destiny 2 pretty much solo for the majority of it and still had a blast.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

Neighbors invited me over for grilled cheese. Who am I to say no? ::D:

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Oh grilled cheese with soup would be great! Maybe after I rest I can get some...

I need to try this. With chicken soup. Right now my existence goes like this: Read thread. Remove reading glasses. Grab Kleenex. Blow nose. Dispose of Kleenex. Put on glasses. Repeat....

3 hours ago, Pingo said:

I loved when they fought the Daleks and the Cylons!

I was just wondering the other day, who would win, Darth Vader or a Squadron of Daleks. 

(What is the collective noun for Daleks anyway? I think Jem’Hadar were in squads and cohorts... ...but Daleks in quantity???)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I represent that remark!

GEM

Who has shoes older than some of the members of these forums.

Well I fought on the Norman's side in 1066.

4 hours ago, Pingo said:

♪♩Guess what I've been painting ... ♩♪♩

Hide contents

DSC_0005.jpg.73bdaf13717f1625933122e9fc458456.jpg

When did they start making minis for The Orville crew????

3 hours ago, sumbloke said:

I don't like this game any more. Can we play something else?

We can play GURPS, though I am still reading the rules.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Unruly said:

After seeing my friend playing Anthem on Friday before our D&D game, I've been tempted to pick it up. However, I've heard some really bad things about the game's stability in general, but especially on the PS4 version, and how it crashes, locks up, or just doesn't connect. I'd be playing by myself, since all my friends are on XBOne, but whatever. I played Destiny 2 pretty much solo for the majority of it and still had a blast.

Yeah, stability is...  It hasn't been the best, that's certain.  Even on the PC, yesterday I was disconnected twice (once at the tail end of a dialogue tree, which meant having to do it all over again), and more annoyingly I lost audio shortly after we started a stronghold...  Which, as one might expect, makes audio cues reaaaally hard to keep an eye out for.  Beyond those though, haven't had any particular issues.

But yeah, the fact we're seeing a few reports about PS4 Pro's being bricked by the game, or just outright hard crashed (with a loooong rebuild time after)....  I'd not recommend it at this time if you're a console player.  Pretty fun on PC though, and downright GORGEOUS on high settings (I like my framerates more on high, even if my rig can technically run Ultra).

Still hilarious to play the "tank" character and be all "could you guys hurry up and kill me?  There's a dozen of you, it can't be THAT hard".  Soo many of them were "Elite" ranking too, but yeaaaaah.  No wonder I've pretty much never died as a Colossus, there's a rather decent amount of health regen going on.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

What do you think about the loot system? That's the MAJOR gripe I've heard with Anthem... I just haven't picked it up yet cause I'm running windows 7 currently and it requires 10 apparently.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NomadZeke said:

What do you think about the loot system? That's the MAJOR gripe I've heard with Anthem... I just haven't picked it up yet cause I'm running windows 7 currently and it requires 10 apparently.

(purple) If it requires Windows 10 I'm some sort of coding genius. (/purple)  Had no problems at all installing it on Win 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, as that's what I use.

Loot system seems decent, although it's annoying you have no idea what you get until the end of the contract or expedition...  Just "common item" "uncommon item" etc.  Would be great to know if I was getting a weapon, a component, or... Other stuff.  Sorting through your stuff afterwards can take some time too, which is probably the biggest gripe most people would give. 

Even for crafting mats, it won't give to just one person - you just have to walk over your own drops to pick them up.  Annoying thing though is rng rolls are different for every player, so someone might get an uncommon member, while the other only gets basic crafting mats - or numbers will be different. 

So all in all, it is a relatively fluid system, just all depends on what you're looking for.  If you want Diablo levels of drops, such isn't happening - I tend to get a lot more ammo and repair drops (especially repair, due to a few things having a higher repair drop rate and being equipped atm). 

At the moment, I crush about 4-5 items per contract, and the recent tombs thing we did was, uhm... I think about 40 things crushed - but we were at it for about two hours or so. 

• Like 2