Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Nah, I just made that up tonight...  But I may get some made at some point.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Mad Jack said:

Nah, I just made that up tonight...  But I may get some made at some point.

If you don't, I'm liable to rip the idea off.

GEM

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

PS.  Looks like it's time to update the Resume and get it into the wind.

Sounds like it's time to update the targeting solutions...

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

On 4/9/2019 at 6:27 PM, haldir said:

77198 rats:  For those that have these, would you say they are medium size or large size (5e)?

@haldir  Definitely Medium. I'll see if I can take a few pics. I included a Troll (Large) and the knight guy from one of the learn to paint kits as reference, sorry for the awful photography, but hopefully it gives you an idea.

Dire_Rats.jpg

Edited by Sibling
  • Like 8

On 4/8/2019 at 12:50 PM, kristof65 said:

I emailed her back telling her what I did/didn't like about these first revisions, and what I liked about her sample.  I then sent her some links to some various things that had features I like and commented on them, too. 

She replied back saying she thinks she understands.

I just got back the 10 badges I commissioned her for.  I was worried after the first two, but after my feedback to her, she just about nailed it.  8 out of 10 I'm quite happy with, the other two I would take as is, but since I have a revision left, I'm asking her to make some minor changes. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2019 at 9:48 PM, Mad Jack said:

Yeah, most early New Englanders were dirt-poor rock farmers who'd make pickles out of anything they could find that wasn't better preserved in another fashion... A tradition they'd inherited from generations of ancestors who were equally dirt-poor - you don't waste any part of anything. I witnessed some of the folks on my mom's side of the family pickle some truly odd things when I was younger, because they were bone-deep farm folk and that's what they did, on a DNA level, lol.

In other news, I finally got around to doing my taxes tonight... Gonna need that money soon.

Damn, up way past my bedtime. Sleeping now.

My mother grew up on an Iowa dairy farm.  It was said that my grandmother would have pickled the cat had she been left unsupervised.

On 4/8/2019 at 12:42 PM, NomadZeke said:

flargh

QFT

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 2

Why is it that it takes a full week before you have a new PC setup to your liking so that you can play games?  In other news Steam is telling me that a 176 MB game is going to take three days to download, it took less than 20 minutes. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

My boy cat is the greedy one that eats the others food, but he'll also just stand there and watch with this pathetic look on his face if they get to kitchen first and start to eat his food.

Same thing, too; he's twice as big as the girls.

My ex-wife found a tiny, tiny tabby kitten with a collar on our porch one day.  From day one in our house, this tiny kitten would push her way past and/or under our two other cats, including Traveller, our hefty 15 lb male tabby to get to the food. She would literally crawl under Traveller and push her way under his head to eat.  We never did find her owners, and eventually named her Piglet since she joined our household. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

15 hours ago, Unruly said:
16 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Getting really annoyed by my manager. She's ignored my requests for a cushion on the stool I have to sit on when I'm in the lobby. Now she's waffling about getting the office chair I use fixed or replaced. 

It started sinking down constantly last week, causing me a great deal of pain in my 

Why are people so desperate to save $60 that they'll throw hundreds (or more) down the drain <_<

Because they only care about the short term, and don't look to the long term.

People plan ahead and consider the results of actions.

Animals only think about the present and don't worry about the results of actions.

Food for thought...

• Like 10

I have a pepto-bismol-pink hell hound sitting on my desk right now.

Just thought y'all would like to know.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I dunno, don't you guys have stuff from Eurocopter as well?  They should keep the civilian names for some of the military frames, because everyone expects the Apache Longbow from the US....  But nobody expects... THE SQUIRREL! (Eurocopter lightest frame is called the "Ecureuil", aka... Squirrel in French...) 

Would a SQUIRREL be a distraction for a DOGfight?

dug-squirrel.jpg

Edited by sumbloke
Added image
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

It’s endearing to watch high schooler shepherding friends through beginning tabletop roleplaying.

One of them is an aspiring GM and asked me what I would do to increase a night hag’s CR to make her roughly even with a young black dragon. I suggested giving her some minions, probably gnolls. Turns out they wanted to give her some sort of artifact, not realizing that when such things are in a game the PCs always seem to get their hands on them way earlier than expected.

TBH, I’m tickled they asked my opinion.

• Like 19

13 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Well, made it through the day. Got all my Mom's stuff out of the Nursing Home, all the funeral arrangements made and avoided strangling mu Aunt. She means well, but boy can she ever cause problems where none existed. Thankfully, my wife has been alongside and kept us on track. On a better note, I got a Fedex notice that my Ender3 3D printer and filament should be here Thursday, so I can get it set up next week. Also, thought I would be let go from my part-time job because of having to miss several days with my Mom's hospital stay and now funeral [I'm on the 90 day new hire probaation], but my Boss was like "this is a legitimate reason, you still have a job", so that was nice.

I missed literally my first 3 days of work when my mum died. Thankfully they were understanding, and gave me bereavement for those days, and no questions about taking other days as needed. 

• Like 17

13 hours ago, Zink said:

When you only have a handful of actual fighter aircraft you tend to be extra careful with them training. I know it's expensive but I wish we spent more on our military. I know a few people who've served and they all have stories of the lack of equipment.

Yup.  Doubly so when sadly we have some drop an engine (Sea King "salute", *cough cough*) or have an engine fail during practice airshow maneuvers (plane totalled, pilot survived, thanks to just how strict our training is - think it was at a Lethbridge airshow about ten years ago, and I can pretty much guarantee alarms didn't have time to go off in the cockpit it happened so fast). 

The most common  joke I've heard when they're deployed is "here's your three bullets, come back with five".  For spec ops, that's taken as a challenge, and somehow, they actually do come back with more ammo than they left with. 

It also was not uncommon for soldiers to visit places like DropZone (who sadly lost their contract back in 2012 or so, they made some really nice stuff) to pick up extra gear they knew they needed in the field that stores couldn't get for them. 

13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

F-16 , being replaced with F-35

NH90

Cougar

Apache

Predator

Hercules

DC10

Huh, military versions of the Puma / Super Puma.  Nice. (that's what the Cougar is). 

No fair, you guys got the Apache, we got, uhm... Room service and Griffins (military version of Bell 412's).  Oh, and a lazy boy in the lounge. 

Nope, I didn't grow up around TacHel at all....  The boys with the toys did visit often though (aka F18 pilots) 

4 hours ago, FaekiasDracon said:

Why is it that it takes a full week before you have a new PC setup to your liking so that you can play games?  In other news Steam is telling me that a 176 MB game is going to take three days to download, it took less than 20 minutes. 

No idea, but I feel that pain. 

And yeah, Steam is weird about such things. 

3 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Would a SQUIRREL be a distraction for a DOGfight?

dug-squirrel.jpg

Unknown, as competitions are called Tiger Meets..... :p

And our boys rock! 

• Like 8