Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

I have discovered that I am not much of a fan of carrot cake. 

This does not seem to me to be a problem; but it is good to know.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I would really appreciate some hugs for the moment. I miss you guys a lot.

HUG!!!

I hope that helps.::):

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I survived the business meeting - the only thing solidly resolved is that there will be a Retreat this year. (Though, in all honesty, any time you organize activities for a retreat... you are kinda missing the point. A retreat is supposed to be about contemplation. But this is more fun.)

After the Retreat we will look at the finances again.

Megan picked up a mini of the hill giant that was pictured in Kingmaker Adventure Path - big, fat, stupid, and a bit sad and confused looking - wearing overalls, with a patch made, I swear, from a black tee shirt. He wouldn't look particularly evil if it wasn't for the necklace of skulls and hands around his neck.

1063608.jpg

She is trying to decide whether to repaint it or leave it as is. (I would go for repainting, but it is her mini, and I have no idea what her plans are for it.)

Me, I may want to use him for an adventure set in Appalachia.

The Auld Grump - he has snot trickling out of his nose....

No plans for him at all.

He is just a wonderful figure.

The internal debate is not whether to repaint or not, it is whether the repaint will follow the original paint, more or less.

It is a sloppy paint job, and needs fixing, but the core is good. The figure just deserves a better job of it. ::): 

And those aren't REAL bones and hands, they're PROPS! ::D:

If I do use it in a game, you guys will probably end up helping him out. Nice guy, he's just S-L-O-W.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

I've been behind a few pages perpetually all week. So hugs to you @Morihalda and whom ever else might need them.

Got 2 sizeable boxes of DVD's packed, a much smaller box of random art supplies. Oh, and I assembled a 4th box! Haven't put anything in it yet but I hope to pack some books up tonight.

3 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Okay Northwest US forumite friends. 

I may have a chance to take my family with me on a business trip to Yakima WA followed by a drive to the SF CA Bay area.   So what would be the best route to drive between those two locations that can be reasonably done in a couple days and has a couple neat things to see/do along the way? 

ETA - I should note that I'm familiar with 101 from Eureka CA south, and I-5 from Chico CA south.   Wondering how much different the 101 is in OR, and if it's worth heading that far west. 

Mirroring what most people have said, take highway 101 South. It's a gorgeous drive down the coast. Lots of fun places to stop and do stuff but even if you just skip all that it's still a nice ride.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TripleH said:

It appears that W.O.O.F is up to it's old tricks.

FB_IMG_1555714664568.thumb.jpg.65f1e13c9fffe61d708de44353a5cc7a.jpg

Wasn't us. We weren't there.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

14 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I appreciate y'all. I didn't mean to come off as weirdly vague. Just some particularly rough brain weasels tonight/this morning.

Big hugs for you (or little hugs, depending on your preference).  Spring can be a rough time, especially if you suffer from seasonal allergies.  Wish it was easier to send virtual TLC.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

My new strategy is doing things in short bursts. I've taken to listening to my headphones while doing chores, so I work for one song, chill for the next. That way I get stuff done, distract myself with fun music, and don't feel stressed about what I'm doing.

images.jpeg.4d6d8f6e043f3aff8cd1fcd136e2214f.jpeg

What the heck that's super smart. I just stress. :D

I'll try that next week.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, klarg1 said:

*virtual hugs*, Mori.

I hope things improve.

The only part of CA-101 I have frequented is the portion running between San Francisco and San Jose.

It works, but I do not recommend the experience.

North of The Bay is nothing like the stretch down the peninsula.

Especially once you get north of Redwood City.

GEM

• Like 6

5 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Brain weasels are running rampant today. I need a life break.

Prayers here

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Unruly said:

It's raining. I'm at work. And there's not a whole lot to do. Currently waiting on my coworker to show up. He was supposed to be here by now, but he gets a lot of leeway with his times because he's got a wife that works and a severely autistic son so he can't leave home until she gets home.

Also, my knuckles hurt. Localized frostbite will do that, and going overboard with wart freeze will cause localized frostbite. Since I was freezing like 6 warts off my right hand last night, with 3 of them being on my knuckles, I've got some mild pain. It feels like if I'd had a decent amount of grease splatter on my hand while cooking bacon.

Got a couple warts on my hand last year. Never had them before so wasn't sure what to do. I found a couple recipes online and combined them. It got rid of mine quick and relatively painless. 

Crush a tiny piece of garlic.

Soak the garlic in a little apple cider vinegar for 10-15 minutes.

Take the cider garlic pulp and put it on the wart.

Cover it with a bandage overnight.

Repeat for 3-4 nights.

The wart will shrivel up and get a black dot in the middle. After a few more days it should fall off. The last day with the mixture and bandage can be a bit painful because you're kind of burning the skin round the wart too. Probably less pain than what you've got now though.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Marvin said:

Huh, did Reaper never go to retail with the fencing from the Bones 3 Graveyard Expansion? I can't find it.

Or is it in with the obsidian crypt? That'd make sense, but it says that's a 10-part kit.

Which doesn't quite add up still, 'cause isn't the crypt itself only 8 parts? Is the fence in there but as 2 pieces?

Halp I'm down a rabbit hole.

There was a problem with the fencing. The little caps at the top of the posts were supposed to have Made InChina molded on the bottom, invisible once assembled.  Instead they were in the TOP. :zombie:

You may have noticed the littlest spheres, gargoyles, skulls etc on tiny square bases in Bones 4? Those are going to be the replacement post tops. Since the molds are carved into stainless steel, they had to wait for the next KS for the fix. 

So hopefully it will hit retail Soon(tm).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Zink said:

Got a couple warts on my hand last year. Never had them before so wasn't sure what to do. I found a couple recipes online and combined them. It got rid of mine quick and relatively painless. 

Crush a tiny piece of garlic.

Soak the garlic in a little apple cider vinegar for 10-15 minutes.

Take the cider garlic pulp and put it on the wart.

Cover it with a bandage overnight.

Repeat for 3-4 nights.

The wart will shrivel up and get a black dot in the middle. After a few more days it should fall off. The last day with the mixture and bandage can be a bit painful because you're kind of burning the skin round the wart too. Probably less pain than what you've got now though.

Eh, I do this about once a year. There are 2 that are recurring - one on the inside of my thumb right below the joint, and one on the side of my index finger about halfway between the first and second knuckle - that I have to freeze or melt off with acid all the time. The ones on my knuckles themselves are new.

The upside is that it looks like I delivered someone a decent beating because it looks like my knuckles are bruised.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

56 minutes ago, Argentee said:

There was a problem with the fencing. The little caps at the top of the posts were supposed to have Made InChina molded on the bottom, invisible once assembled.  Instead they were in the TOP. :zombie:

You may have noticed the littlest spheres, gargoyles, skulls etc on tiny square bases in Bones 4? Those are going to be the replacement post tops. Since the molds are carved into stainless steel, they had to wait for the next KS for the fix. 

So hopefully it will hit retail Soon(tm).

Ooooh, yeah. I 'member that. Gracias.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

Eh, I do this about once a year. There are 2 that are recurring - one on the inside of my thumb right below the joint, and one on the side of my index finger about halfway between the first and second knuckle - that I have to freeze or melt off with acid all the time. The ones on my knuckles themselves are new.

The upside is that it looks like I delivered someone a decent beating because it looks like my knuckles are bruised.

Dermatologist ?

• Like 9