Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Huh, one of the secret pubs I found in the local area is closing - Shorty's.

A place where Megan got a discount, but I didn't - not because she is a girl, but because she is less than five feet tall. (And is still taller than Shorty.)

Health issues. ::(:

The Auld Grump - secret, not unlicensed. There are still a few places that try to limit the number of patrons.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 10

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Need

More

Coffee...

5 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Need

More

Weekend...

Why not both?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Need

More

Weekend...

15 minutes ago, NomadZeke said:

Why not both?

Sounds good...

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Sounds good...

Our "plant" (which is mostly just a packaging and shipping facility, the only things we actually produce are custom sizes that my department cuts down from more "regular" sized filters) was closed yesterday, after pushing for two days to get ahead on shipping so that it could happen and then, at lunch,telling the three of us that weren't pulled from manufacturing that we had to have everything for the weekend ready to ship or everyone would have to work. We cut, capped, sealed, and processed/put away nearly 300 filters in about 4 hours. That is less than half of what one person can cut in a day, but with just one person capping till all were cut it took us some extra time to get them finished. 

So after giving us all a heart attack  about finishing, we did get given a five day "weekend".  And some of us even got to spend PTO to get

paid for some of yesterday. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

On 4/20/2019 at 10:25 PM, Pegazus said:

That ain’t narley the truth whipper snapper! It’s all them durn mooleenials makin’ things bad! Now get off my lawn, I’m trying to water!

/not in purple because that’s hard on a mobile device and I’m tired. Otherwise, lots of purple.

“Moolenials”, naturally, being cows born after 1984.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

Had this day off due to Easter, I spent most of it painting the horses for my Herreros in my Lost World Project.

And now I will make Satey from Pork Tenderloin with French Fries for dinner.

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Had this day off due to Easter, I spent most of it painting the horses for my Herreros in my Lost World Project.

And now I will make Satey from Pork Tenderloin with French Fries for dinner.

I think the kids here would have liked to have a holiday today, there were so many tardy kids at the High School this morning.  Youngest was hard to drag out of bed as well.  I miss the 4 day weekend we used to get for Easter in Canada.  

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I think the kids here would have liked to have a holiday today, there were so many tardy kids at the High School this morning.  Youngest was hard to drag out of bed as well.  I miss the 4 day weekend we used to get for Easter in Canada.  

We never got a 4 day weekend here but the kids are always off school for the week after Easter. Lots of times we go somewhere for the week but this year we already had our trip. The weather is nice so I'm getting ready for field work and playing games with the kids. Wife's birthday today so we're just hanging around annoying her right now. Cake is made and supper will be. Lunch is left overs from yesterday.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Need

More

Weekend...

2 more nights & I'm off for 3 days. Looking forward to it due to the Old Dominion concert smack right in the middle of them!!

Since even thou hardbacks are legal for AL play, my store owner kinda is frowning upon them now (says they are more or less better for homebrew games) in the new way we do rpgs here. I think when I run Saltmarsh & Mad Mage, I'm gonna treat each adventure or level as it's own adventure but in the grand scheme of things they'll fit into the bigger picture. You more or less will have to fit your game into a time frame (ex. 4 weeks & on that 4 week, you need to have your endgame going & done). Kinda hard to figure that out when sometimes player dictate what they are gonna do. Again, it might be something I'm more worried about then what is needed, but I'm planning in case something goes that I don't like. At least it won't go into affect until the Volunteer GM Cord. is hired for the store.

Again, I have to do the spew to the players due to what happened last Weds night. Hopefully they get it this time, or at least 1 player does. I like the guy & he's a great roleplayer, but he is just too attached to his characters. It's not a very good look for the game store when a customer walks in or a small kid running around on family/game board night & a rpger lets out a giant "F-Bomb!" as his character is dropped to the floor....<_<

• Like 9

Okay brain, we've done the coffee thing, and the lunch thing. There's still 3.5 hours to go, so maybe we can focus? 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Huh, one of the secret pubs I found in the local area is closing - Shorty's.

A place where Megan got a discount, but I didn't - not because she is a girl, but because she is less than five feet tall. (And is still taller than Shorty.)

Health issues. ::(:

The Auld Grump - secret, not unlicensed. There are still a few places that try to limit the number of patrons.

A local curio shop closed at the end of March here because of that same issue - health reasons.  Sanctuary closed. 

32 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Four day.... Easter?  Must've been a BC or Eastern Canada thing...  Never had such in Alberta...  Got Good Friday, and you were expected to be here on Monday. 

• Like 6