Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

I did once go to school with someone with a much more common variant of my first name and a much more common spelling of my last name.

At one point I was threatened with not being allowed to sign up for classes until I paid HER overdue library fees.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Take it out of his hide, and get the commission? :devil:

Works for me.  ::D:

1 minute ago, Pingo said:

At one point I was threatened with not being allowed to sign up for classes until I paid HER overdue library fees.

Happens far too often, unfortunately. 

I had a friend in California spend an hour in handcuffs in the back of a cop car while they figured out he was NOT the same guy with the open warrant out of Florida.  I'm honestly surprised it only took them an hour to figure it out. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

I got a spam email, which is nothing odd, but the end of it got my attention:

"Interac Association / Acxsys Corporation

Royal Plaza, North Tower, 200 Bay Street, Suite 2400

P.O. Box 45, Toronto, ON M5J 2J1 Slovenia

2019 Interac Corp. Trade-marks of Interac Corp. I mean, anyone at a low skill level, can half-cook a steak and serve it bloody and tepid (and sometimes"

Canada has become Slovenia and something something steaks.  Quality work, 11/10.  :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

16 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I got a spam email, which is nothing odd, but the end of it got my attention:

"Interac Association / Acxsys Corporation

Royal Plaza, North Tower, 200 Bay Street, Suite 2400

P.O. Box 45, Toronto, ON M5J 2J1 Slovenia

2019 Interac Corp. Trade-marks of Interac Corp. I mean, anyone at a low skill level, can half-cook a steak and serve it bloody and tepid (and sometimes"

Canada has become Slovenia and something something steaks.  Quality work, 11/10.  :lol:

That's not a scam. Nope, nope, nope.

Though we all know that before the Flannel Revolution, it was Canadoslovakia, not "Slovenia".

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

2 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

That's not a scam. Nope, nope, nope.

Though we all know that before the Flannel Revolution, it was Canadoslovakia, not "Slovenia".

I thought it was Canukistan? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, aku-chan said:
6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Visit the local zoo and ask for some Tiger or Lion poop.

Spread that around the garden and no cat will visit that anymore thinking it belongs to the territory of a very large and brutal cat.

Hmmm...on the other hand you might have more poop that way from a bigger cat.

Don't have a local zoo ::(:

Plus, I don't really mind having cats in the garden, I just wish they didn't poop, or at least do it in places where I won't run the lawnmower over it and release The Stench.

Considering that cats bury their poop, I suspect your problem is not feline. 

It might not be canine, but dogs aren't known for burying their waste, either.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sylverthorne said:

Raccoon?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:
4 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Raccoon?

Not knowing the area in question, mebbe? I'm also not well-versed in the bathroom habits of raccoons. ^^;

I do know that you're more likely to find cat poop buried in your flower garden than you are to find it in the middle of your lawn. And it's not bad for your garden, really... just.. not the most pleasant thing to stick your hand in.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Not knowing the area in question, mebbe? I'm also not well-versed in the bathroom habits of raccoons. ^^;

I do know that you're more likely to find cat poop buried in your flower garden than you are to find it in the middle of your lawn. And it's not bad for your garden, really... just.. not the most pleasant thing to stick your hand in.

It can be dangerous to pregnant women though.

It can cause Toxoplasmosis damaging the baby.

• Like 8

Monday night recap:

Last night was the big battle I had thought of due to one player's obsession with the green dragon in the adventure. Anyone who has played Lost mine of Pandelver knows of the encounter with Venomfang, the young green dragon. It was put in the game to show not all battles need to be fought & had the player just left it like that then last night's battle would have never happened. 

The player during the main adventure decided he needed to make a side trek back up to the ruined town to ask the druid watchdog if he was still on track to help when the time happens. Well it was at this time, the dragon caught wind of the PC druid & was tired of him poking around so he finally caught the npc druid, tortured him & found out where the party hailed from. The dragon decided to also recruit some minions & forces the local orc tribe to set a raid on Phandalin. The orcs were part of the same tribe the party took down earlier in the adventure. 

Now that backstory had been established,  the party was returning from the mine when they encountered someone from the town, badly burned.  They then smelt the chlorine in the air mixed with smoke & fire. The town was being attacked!

The party first encountered the orcs attacking some citizens & other then the new but returning player shooting a arrow at someone (rolled a one & coming from a different direction) the battle was easy. They encountered another bigger group & the rogue found out sometimes going first isn't all its cracked up to be. He moved into the orcs but they went next & just ganged up on him instead,  so 5 on 1. Luck was on his side as I only hit him once! After the initial round thou it was a routine combat.

To make them feel uneasy I had the dragon fly overhead but not attack them. They could hear the sound of drums & followed the sound to the open field area where a big battle was occurring. Citizens vs orcs with the leader of the raid, a orog standing near the town shrine. The npc druid was there but was bound & gagged. The drumming was goblins pounding on a drum with a standard bearer (I used the Bones minis for these. More on these guys later). The party made some surprise range attacks, while the rogue went sneaking towards the shrine. The orcs engaged the party (btw orc aggressive in 5e is awesome! Free movement!) & the rogue was about halfway when the orog spotted him!

The rogue made his way back to the party but a second mass of orcs arrived & the orog moved in with them. The goblins followed. The orog slaughtered the ranger's panther in 1 round. I allowed the ranger 1 round of advantage attacks on him. The goblins were a bless/bane source while they lived. :) The party hated these guys with a passion & oddly they were hard to hit, lol. Eventually the party took out the orog & the orcs but of course that only meant the main event was about to appear!

I had the dragon enter with 100 hps (out of 136) to show it had been in the adventure. They knocked it down to 37 hps by its breath weapon had recharged & it laid out half the party with it.  Unfortunately the store was closing so we had to end it there.  As it stands,  there were 4 players still standing. A couple of them have poison resistance (half damage) & one of them,  has a breastplate vs dragon breath. They are low on hps, very low on resources but they might do it! 

Sadly the player the caused all of this couldn't make it last night.  So everyone kept saying. "Blame Apollo! " Best line of the night was from me: Male human fighter fighting a orc in a long battle " you've been engaged with the orc for so long, he drops to one knee & accepts your proposal for marriage. " LOL!

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, Glitterwolf said:
5 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

It can be dangerous to pregnant women though.

It can cause Toxoplasmosis damaging the baby.

I'm not entirely convinced that is always true (cats don't automatically come with it; they get it from mice that have it, according to the last research I did). HOWEVER. I don't recommend anybody go handling poop of any kind while pregnant. Let somebody else do that. With gloves. Because, seriously, bacteria are a thing, and there's no point in taking unnecessary risks.

Which is probably as good a reason as any to be fastidious about clearing your litter boxes and wearing gloves while digging about in the garden, whether you're pregnant or not.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Sylverthorne said:

I'm not entirely convinced that is always true (cats don't automatically come with it; they get it from mice that have it, according to the last research I did). HOWEVER. I don't recommend anybody go handling poop of any kind while pregnant. Let somebody else do that. With gloves. Because, seriously, bacteria are a thing, and there's no point in taking unnecessary risks.

Which is probably as good a reason as any to be fastidious about clearing your litter boxes and wearing gloves while digging about in the garden, whether you're pregnant or not.

Not all cats are infected, but I wouldn't take a chance, like you said, wear gloves!

It can cause blindness in the worst scenario.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I thought it was Canukistan? 

In Ren & Stimpy, The Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen episode I think it's called "Canajunland". Its been awhile since i seen that episode.

Ugh time to attack the lawns. Better do it now as we have a big weather pattern changes coming.  40 to 50 degree swing downward by Friday...gah! 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I knew a guy called Dougie McDougle. His nickname was Dougie Twice.

I had a boss named Ivor Ivorsson... I am guessing that he had Scandinavian ancestry. ::P: Just a guess, mind.

The Auld Grump - a pipe at work decided to stop being a pipe and became a fountain. So, an unexpected day off! Whoo!

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

30 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

I think @aku-chan is in the UK and we don't get raccoons here (unless it's escaped from a private collection, of course). Most cats bury their leavings, but the top cat in the neighbourhood might not as a sign of ownership. This is one of the reasons why we have indoor cats, I don't want them doing that in someone else's garden. 

I found a lion poo based fertiliser on the big A, but it had mixed reviews.

I was wondering if it might be foxes? We have issues with foxes leaving smelly, black 'messages' in our garden. We seem to be on the boundary between two dog foxes territories and they also like shouting at each other every night. I love them, but I wish they would keep it down at 4am when I'm trying to sleep <_<

• Like 8