Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

Now to wait 5 or more months for them to send it? They're good people with good sculpts, but geez are they in over their heads right now. 

Oh? I had no idea. Is there any specific reason or is it just a matter of their business picking up faster than they can handle?

Well, so long as I get my minis I'm not too worried. I've already got more than enough, though a couple of these are intended for my current character.

1 hour ago, TGP said:

How do you know this??  ...wait, ...not sure I want to know the answer. 

I remember the first time I heard about Shower Shock soap. It was the first caffeinated soap I had ever seen, and I did a bit of research to find out if caffeine can actually be absorbed through the skin. Turns out it can, but it isn't rapid. It's what kept me from actually buying the soap, because at that time I was a major caffeine fiend but I wasn't willing to stand in a shower for 5 minutes just to absorb a small bit of caffeine while lathered up.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

What kind of bug? Will you take a picture? Can you get a closeup?

It was a cockroach. It skittered under the kitchen skin. The cabinet and the counters are now covered in a thick dusting of diatomaceous earth with the emergency Giant Shoe on standby in case the bug deigns to show itself. There's also dead mice in a mouse trap down the hall near the trash chute. Suddenly the building's habit of lax maintenance and little-to-no cleaning of the common areas have come back to haunt everyone who stays...

We, on the other hand, are moving to a place that actually has a contract with an exterminator. And has recycling.

• Like 15
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Oh? I had no idea. Is there any specific reason or is it just a matter of their business picking up faster than they can handle?

Well, so long as I get my minis I'm not too worried. I've already got more than enough, though a couple of these are intended for my current character.

They're reeling from a series of unfortunate events, being understaffed, poorly managed, and with health problems. Seems like they ran a Kickstarter that was more than they could manage (but that's wrapped), then too many sale events, and got majorly backlogged. They are communicating their struggles at least on FB; I feel bad for them in the situation. But... I may look for another figure for a current character nonetheless. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

It was a cockroach. It skittered under the kitchen skin. The cabinet and the counters are now covered in a thick dusting of diatomaceous earth with the emergency Giant Shoe on standby in case the bug deigns to show itself. There's also dead mice in a mouse trap down the hall near the trash chute. Suddenly the building's habit of lax maintenance and little-to-no cleaning of the common areas have come back to haunt everyone who stays...

We, on the other hand, are moving to a place that actually has a contract with an exterminator. And has recycling.

I am to understand that cockroaches are the most verminous critters over there, I'm very happy that you're moving to a place that's well-managed and, most importantly, has plenty of space for minis.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

They're reeling from a series of unfortunate events, being understaffed, poorly managed, and with health problems. Seems like they ran a Kickstarter that was more than they could manage (but that's wrapped), then too many sale events, and got majorly backlogged. They are communicating their struggles at least on FB; I feel bad for them in the situation. But... I may look for another figure for a current character nonetheless. 

Ah. Well, I certainly hope that they get things sorted. I like a lot of their sculpts.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Ouch, a really nice guy who runs another forum I frequent every now and then (but don't post to anywhere near as often as I used to)....  Died...  A month ago.  Can't mention the name of it because I suspect it would be against some part of this forum's rules, but it's a modular synth forum.

Been a while since anything's hit me this hard, to say the least.

Wherever your path takes you next Mike, may it be a memorable and enjoyable journey.  Thanks for the help, advice, and memories.

My sympathies!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

It's a good thing we're moving. 

There was a bug. It was a big bug. 

dd-meme-nuke-it-from-orbit.jpg.9b1956549e65399b6b50f2b7bee7773e.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

image.png.ee4a61acd9e9de95de2bd098568d87f2.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

6 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I am to understand that cockroaches are the most verminous critters over there, I'm very happy that you're moving to a place that's well-managed and, most importantly, has plenty of space for minis.

And now you get to check every box you have packed for roaches as they will be happy to go with you and make you feel welcome!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Corsair said:

And now you get to check every box you have packed for roaches as they will be happy to go with you and make you feel welcome!

And cardboard is one of their favorite foods and bedding places. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Ee, I see big cockroaches sometimes here when going to the bathroom at night. Once I stepped on one when I didn't turn the lights on.

I'm not sure if it was the cockroach or me that was more surprised. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I have tested Greenstuff World UV Transparent Resin.

Created two fish with it with a Tinyworld Mold.

Together with putty I now made some sealife for the base for my Komodo Dragon.

See the Lost World for details.

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=145

• Like 10

I hate cockroaches. To the point where I'm happy to have huge spiders that hunt and eat them. The spiders stay in the walls and I don't have to worry about roaches.

• Like 13
  • Haha 2