Jump to content

Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Cyradis said:

 

They're reeling from a series of unfortunate events, being understaffed, poorly managed, and with health problems. Seems like they ran a Kickstarter that was more than they could manage (but that's wrapped), then too many sale events, and got majorly backlogged. They are communicating their struggles at least on FB; I feel bad for them in the situation. But... I may look for another figure for a current character nonetheless. 

My last order from them was in July of last year, was 2 weeks between ordering and shipping.. given their staffing issues and that they were still trying to wrap up the kickstarter fiasco, I didn't think that was too bad.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

It's a good thing we're moving. 

 

There was a bug. It was a big bug. 

 

Others have said it but i will re-emphasize:  watch out for hitchhikers and egg sacks.  Those little pill like egg packets are easy to miss and one viable one can start a colony.  That said, I do keep some cockroaches in the house... talk about a food source for my dragon that no one has any sympathy for!  some people even get squeamish when she eats mealworms or crickets but i have yet to see anyone get upset about watching her munch a Dubia Roach

 

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

I hate cockroaches. To the point where I'm happy to have huge spiders that hunt and eat them. The spiders stay in the walls and I don't have to worry about roaches.

 

And as I said, Bearded dragon + roach is not a good equation for the roach.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I hate cockroaches. To the point where I'm happy to have huge spiders that hunt and eat them. The spiders stay in the walls and I don't have to worry about roaches.

 

I’ve never seen a cockroach in our house, but we leave the spiders and the house centipedes alone anyway, just in case.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cyradis said:

 

They're reeling from a series of unfortunate events, being understaffed, poorly managed, and with health problems. Seems like they ran a Kickstarter that was more than they could manage (but that's wrapped), then too many sale events, and got majorly backlogged. They are communicating their struggles at least on FB; I feel bad for them in the situation. But... I may look for another figure for a current character nonetheless. 

 

Yeah, they are a really small business, something like three people.  The tale of medical woe for such a small team is pretty epic in scale.  But it sounds like they have almost entirely cleared up the back log, and they do have good prices and nice sculpts.  Just have tempered expectations.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eldamir said:

My last order from them was in July of last year, was 2 weeks between ordering and shipping.. given their staffing issues and that they were still trying to wrap up the kickstarter fiasco, I didn't think that was too bad.

 

28 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

 

Yeah, they are a really small business, something like three people.  The tale of medical woe for such a small team is pretty epic in scale.  But it sounds like they have almost entirely cleared up the back log, and they do have good prices and nice sculpts.  Just have tempered expectations.

 

Good that they're nearly smoothed out. They had a lot of bad slam them. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 10:52 AM, Kangaroorex said:

 

Can't get quote box to go away.

 

So much to do in 6 days, we've shuffled all the misc. stuff to the dining room and some in the kitchen. Still need to pack the entirety of the those, most of the bathroom, and stuff in the balcony storage. Aaaaaaaa. Gonna have to rent a van this week that we really don't have the money for to get the last of the big furniture out and hopefully a ton of boxes.

 

It's like 75 inside and not much cooler outside either. I'm drenched in sweat and have to do a ton of stuff today. We didn't make it to the house last night like we'd planned on. Did however make 2 trips out there during the day.

 

I need some restful sleep, a drink, and some more sanity. Not necessarily in that order.

 

<Purple> It's 11 am, that's perfectly acceptable time to have a drink right? </Purple>

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes me miss the rats at my parent's place.

 

They were giant rats but they stayed under the house and ate all the bugs. The only thing I had against them was the tendency of elfhat neighbors to leave out rat poison. I lost my childhood cat that way ::(:

  • Sad 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

So, I was frustrated about my game last night. But I do have good news from yesterday...

 

 

I accepted a new job offer and put in my 2 weeks notice! I'm super excited for my new position!

 

Congrats!

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

some people even get squeamish when she eats mealworms or crickets but i have yet to see anyone get upset about watching her munch a Dubia Roach

 

 

And as I said, Bearded dragon + roach is not a good equation for the roach.

 

Bearded dragons and doobie roaches? I want to come to your house for D&D nights!

 

4 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

 

Yeah, they are a really small business, something like three people.  The tale of medical woe for such a small team is pretty epic in scale.  But it sounds like they have almost entirely cleared up the back log, and they do have good prices and nice sculpts.  Just have tempered expectations.

 

Yea, I checked out their Facebook page last night and yeesh. Just as recently as last month they had one of their staff collapse at a con and have to spend a day in the hospital. But at least they're very communicative about the issues they're having, any delays, and how they're working on fixing them. It was like they had an update every couple days about order errors and status.

 

3 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

<Purple> It's 11 am, that's perfectly acceptable time to have a drink right? </Purple>

 

We just had a small conversation about this particular topic a couple weeks ago. The answer is "Yes." Especially if you're on a night shift, and double especially if it's on a weekend.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I am to understand that cockroaches are the most verminous critters over there, I'm very happy that you're moving to a place that's well-managed and, most importantly, has plenty of space for minis.

 

Compared to bed bugs...  They're more annoying than anything, but thankfully are usually at least somewhat easy-ish to clear in apartment buildings.  I suspect they're probably a lot more annoying to deal with in warmer climates though.

 

5 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

 

Others have said it but i will re-emphasize:  watch out for hitchhikers and egg sacks.  Those little pill like egg packets are easy to miss and one viable one can start a colony.  That said, I do keep some cockroaches in the house... talk about a food source for my dragon that no one has any sympathy for!  some people even get squeamish when she eats mealworms or crickets but i have yet to see anyone get upset about watching her munch a Dubia Roach

 

 

And as I said, Bearded dragon + roach is not a good equation for the roach.

Aren't cultured cockroaches one of the best food sources for beardies too?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Unruly said:

We just had a small conversation about this particular topic a couple weeks ago. The answer is "Yes." Especially if you're on a night shift, and double especially if it's on a weekend

Good to know, will probably have a drink or something with dinner. Not sure what all is left to do today. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

<Purple> It's 11 am, that's perfectly acceptable time to have a drink right? </Purple>

Sure is.  Any time after breakfast (or at least after work).

 

I think it's worth noting that the saying "It's five o'clock somewhere" never specifies am or pm...

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, strawhat said:

Sure is.  Any time after breakfast (or at least after work).

 

I think it's worth noting that the saying "It's five o'clock somewhere" never specifies am or pm...

 

Or during breakfast. Especially when you're drinking something that mixes well in coffee.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

 

One special thing I did (inspired by a free 3e D&D adventure), was ask the board I used to hang out on to give me ideas for a rumour table for the town they were in. I got something like fifty different items, and all were potential local story hooks. From the prison warden secretly being a werewolf; to cultists in the field; to the mayor's daughter wishing to be a singer in a tavern (with father's disapproval); to the rivalry between two brothels owned by a brother and sister; to rats that seemed unusually well organized, etc.

 

 Was that on the old WotC D&D forum? Sounds familiar...

 

 

   In other news, I was fairly irritated today to find out that my copy of season 4 of GoT has a bad disc - the one containing ep.'s 5 and 6 will play the piracy warning and the HBO logo, but then just keeps spinning away, processing and processing without ever moving on to the main menu. :devil:

Hopefully the other copy that the Game Exchange had is still there. I hate having to order things online and then wait for them to show up in the mail.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×