Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

5 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Compared to bed bugs...  They're more annoying than anything, but thankfully are usually at least somewhat easy-ish to clear in apartment buildings.  I suspect they're probably a lot more annoying to deal with in warmer climates though.

Aren't cultured cockroaches one of the best food sources for beardies too?

Yep dubia roaches are bred for food for dragons and she likes them.  She doesn't get the wild ones as we don't know what parasites they may be harboring.

Her favorites are still hornworms though.  She'd eat her own weight in them if we let her.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Yep dubia roaches are bred for food for dragons and she likes them.  She doesn't get the wild ones as we don't know what parasites they may be harboring.

Her favorites are still hornworms though.  She'd eat her own weight in them if we let her.

Ah neat.  We wouldn't mind a bearded dragon, but we'll have to see if we can do anything more than just fish.  Poor hubby can't decide between a bearded dragon or a snake - if we had more power options in our place, I'd just say eh, why not both, but there's only two circuits in the living room, which can make things... Interesting for not tripping breakers. 

9 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Or during breakfast. Especially when you're drinking something that mixes well in coffee.

Just make sure to have something to eat first before letting the boss of the person you're dating at the time buy you double strength margaritas.  I was on night shift, they were day shift.  Excellent food, lovely margaritas, but man, that headache from drinking before eating (and having gotten up like an hour before said drinking) sure hits hard. 

• Like 6

The Netherlands won the Eurovision Songfestival!

I can assure you there was no bribery or intimidation from WOOF's part.

Vlag.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

It's raining pretty bad outside right now. That's ok since I don't have anywhere to go except possibly back to bed for a little while.:winkthumbs:

14 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

So, I was frustrated about my game last night. But I do have good news from yesterday...

I accepted a new job offer and put in my 2 weeks notice! I'm super excited for my new position!

Congratulations!

• Like 7

Eldest came home Friday with a block of “Post-It EXTREME.” :huh:

They’re regular post-It notes with a  slightly stronger adhesive, packaged in a blatant attempt to appeal to male stereotypes. :blink:

:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 3

53 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Eldest came home Friday with a block of “Post-It EXTREME.” :huh:

They’re regular post-It notes with a  slightly stronger adhesive, packaged in a blatant attempt to appeal to male stereotypes. :blink:

:lol:

How... ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Good news everyone! We finally got the baby to sleep without us! Next step: sleeping in her crib.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Good news everyone! We finally got the baby to sleep without us!

Great news!

Next step: sleeping in her crib.

Baby steps...

::D:

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

I am up too early. This has made me very grumpy. My mom came by the drop off more boxes. She said I looked tired my reaction was "No broccoli." I definitely didn't want to be up.

Husband just left to go get some things for the house and apartment (this is getting confusing). Still have 15%-20% of the apartment left to pack and 5-6 days depending on how you look at it.

In other news, in the desperate attempt to get some stuff unpacked for boxes I unpacked a box or two of craft/hobby/art stuff. It's, the hobby room at least, is starting to look like a facsimile of a home. I'll try to snag some photos while we're there today.

• Like 14

46 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:
1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Great news!

Baby steps...

I think "steps" for the baby might take at least a little while longer. :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

On 5/18/2019 at 9:49 AM, redambrosia said:

I hate cockroaches. To the point where I'm happy to have huge spiders that hunt and eat them. The spiders stay in the walls and I don't have to worry about roaches.

Megan and I had to come to an... understanding about spiders.

It helped when I pointed out the dead bugs in the tightly tangled webs between the pipes and the walls at her old place. (It helped less that I had spider bites from wrist to elbow - there was a reason we found out about the webs, when the water heater at her old apartment decided to stop working. She was a lot more bothered by the spider bites than I was. They were just house spiders - a type of cobweb spider.)

The Auld Grump - also a big fan of house centipedes.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:
1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:
2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Great news!

Baby steps...

I think "steps" for the baby might take at least a little while longer. :rolleyes:

Yeah, probably a few more weeks at least. ::P:

• Haha 10

21 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Megan and I had to come to an... understanding about spiders.

It helped when I pointed out the dead bugs in the tightly tangled webs between the pipes and the walls at her old place. (It helped less that I had spider bites from wrist to elbow - there was a reason we found out about the webs, when the water heater at her old apartment decided to stop working. She was a lot more bothered by the spider bites than I was. They were just house spiders - a type of cobweb spider.)

The Auld Grump - also a big fan of house centipedes.

Once in a while i’ll sweep up the little piles of bug detritus left in my studio under the spider webs and feel grateful, because it’s so much better than bugs in my art supplies.

Before I knew better I was cruel to house centipedes, but I am a reformed character now and am happy to see them in my home.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

@Paradoxical Mouse tell us more about the new job!

I'm getting a good bump in salary and it's for a PoS platform. I'll specifically be working on the restaurant side. But they have remote flexibility (which I've been wanting).

Also, they want me to choose between a macbook pro and a linux PC laptop. I have no specs for either. And to me, there isn't much difference between the OSs, they just have different annoying quirks. So...decisions...

I've used both before, extensively, of course.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

How... ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Good news everyone! We finally got the baby to sleep without us! Next step: sleeping in her crib.

Oh come on! You know you won't fit into her crib!

On the hobby front, I painted the komodo dragon, still working on the base though.

DSCN0708.JPG

• Like 19
  • Haha 3