Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

13 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Good news everyone! We finally got the baby to sleep without us! Next step: sleeping in her crib.

Just try to keep her in the crib. My wife moved our daughter into our bed when she was sick and we haven't got her moved back yet. 6 months of sleepless nights in bed with 2 pretty girls isn't as fun as it sounded at first. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

Child Number One was always super active, learned how to vault out of her crib and playpen at an early age, willing to climb anything with a handhold, doing handstands on top of the monkey bars, etc. Still super active, degree in CompSci and math, presently analyzes folklore and tropes for the internet.

Child Number Two was timid about heights and was happiest staring intently at patterns with a thoughtful frown. Never had any body fat, didn’t like swimming because no natural buoyancy. Has grown to be the tallest, skinniest kid in that generation. Currently planning to go to college to study CompSci and game design and plot world conquest.

• Like 15

Oy.  What a weekend.:wacko:

Three nights in a Best Western with way too soft beds.  My new name for Best Western is Back Wrecker. :angry::zombie:

Plus problems with their internet "tech suport" :devil:

• Sad 11

11 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Oy.  What a weekend.:wacko:

Three nights in a Best Western with way too soft beds.  My new name for Best Western is Back Wrecker. :angry::zombie:

Plus problems with their internet "tech suport" :devil:

While I haven’t had the bed problem, I will second the “what a weekend” part. I’m completely worn out. Yard work, put in a new flower garden, for the sprinklers running, added a drip irrigation system for the new flowers, and just general maintenance. I’ll sleep well tonight and wish the same for you!

• Like 9

Weekend here was rain,  rain & more rain.  Well at least it didn't on Saturday afternoon. I finished up mowing the lawns, it really needed it. 

Found out Friday that one of the night managers said " to hell with this place! " & quit. While this really has no bearing on me,  he was the guy who filled in when freight crew took vacation.  Thus,  co-worker got screwed out of talking a vacation this week.  He gets bumped up a week (hopefully). Even worse is he has to take most of June off & a week in July before his yearly comes around.

Now,  it comes back to me.  I had a couple weeks left in my yearly (Aug) & I was planning on taking a week in June & a week in July.  Only way I can take em is the last 2 weeks in July. I doubt I'll get em & I'm thinking of compromising by only requesting a week & half (rest would be just hours). We shall see. 

On brighter side of things.  St Louis Blues, 1 win away from reaching the Stanley Cup Finals!

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

Child Number One was always super active, learned how to vault out of her crib and playpen at an early age, willing to climb anything with a handhold, doing handstands on top of the monkey bars, etc. Still super active, degree in CompSci and math, presently analyzes folklore and tropes for the internet.

Child Number Two was timid about heights and was happiest staring intently at patterns with a thoughtful frown. Never had any body fat, didn’t like swimming because no natural buoyancy. Has grown to be the tallest, skinniest kid in that generation. Currently planning to go to college to study CompSci and game design and plot world conquest.

For world conquest I'd recommend at least a minor in Mandarin and comparative religion. My guess is international relations candidates are heavily vetted and probably indoctrinated to "play nice with the current order" so to speak.  Being able to hack the eventual "skynet" will definitely be useful in amassing a drone army, as well.

Edited by Seer of the Pitt
typos
  • Like 6
  • Haha 4

I got finished removing stuff I care about from the old place on the weekend. Also made a trip to the tip with some stuff I'm not keeping. There's something very satisfying about pushing an old cupboard over a 2 metre(ish) drop and seeing it explode everywhere...

Or dropping a set of shelves straight on top of the old bin and seeing that get crushed...

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

14 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Last night was odd.

I play an elf. There was a time vortex. Everyone else had shorter lifespans than I. Guess who went. Turns out it's a time prison. The guy and I had a nice conversation about his former master, the lich we killed last game. Still hadn't found the phylactery. In conversation I got the neat little tidbits of ten thousand year old medical myths that let me find the thing (technically we'd already found it, we just knew it as a crystal heart that kept trying to usurp my body for a new host). And then I walked out.

There's a reason they sent the elf. I walked in 150 years old, pretty standard for an elf who's seen some broccoli. I walk out barely older than 100 with the worry that nobody's going to take me seriously anymore because I'm "only 100".

Then there was the Wish. The lich was a servant of Abraxas in life and spurned his patron in favor of undeath. This made Abraxas mad enough that he contacted up through a planar well or whatever that bottomless abyss of wind and evil was. He demanded the lich's head and heart, in exchange he'd offer us a Wish. I was skeptical, this is Abraxas, but the others took it at face value since we were going to kill the lich anyway.

We kill the lich, I have the telltale heart phylactery in my hand, it's still trying to crawl into my chest, and we chuck it and the severed lich head into the planar well. And the other players start debating over the Wish. We only get one as the whole party, it needs to be good. A generic +1 to an ability score isn't going to cut it. I suggest power, magic items, money, the standards. Someone suggests we try to destroy an evil artifact we have. I point out if the gods could destroy this evil artifact they would have already given we know they already tried. Then the cavalier gets an idea.

I stay out of this idea. The cavalier and the druid want their animal friends (mount, attack cat) Awakened. Third guy at the table is all for this. It is a ridiculous idea. I have seen worse. And our GM knows this because she turns to me.

"Hey you have players who come up with ridiculous ideas, what would you do about this?"

Never mind she is one of my usual players ::P: So I hash out a thing that lets the animals Awaken but doesn't disqualify them from being animal companions and doesn't overpower them. Also they can no longer talk to animals of their own kind anymore. I'm waiting for the wolf mount to panic when local dogs try to sniff his butt. And the attack cat is writing love poetry to someone's cohort.

We are 2 or 3 sessions away from the end of the campaign. The ridiculousness won't last much longer. Then new ridiculousness can begin...

.. this sounds familiar. I am fairly sure I know which campaign this is, because I'm fairly certain I have played through it (I was playing a tiefling Summoner). 

When we did this, we decided to wish Abraxas out of commission. Abraxas. Not his avatar.

When he realised what we did, there was screaming. But... We wished it. It happened. No more Abraxas in our variant of the setting.... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Well, that was an ending.

I won't say more, because I don't want to spoil things for people who haven't watched it.

31 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

.. this sounds familiar. I am fairly sure I know which campaign this is, because I'm fairly certain I have played through it (I was playing a tiefling Summoner). 

When we did this, we decided to wish Abraxas out of commission. Abraxas. Not his avatar.

When he realised what we did, there was screaming. But... We wished it. It happened. No more Abraxas in our variant of the setting.... 

As a DM I would have said that was beyond a Wish's power and had you choose something else. Wish and Miracle are basically the same spell, just from different sources, and if a deity could simply use their power to Miracle another deity away they would be doing it all the time. But they don't, because they can't, and so they're reduced to waging eternal wars against each other.

And even if Abraxas supposedly has the power to end magic itself, I doubt he'd allow that power to be used to end himself. Especially since he's Chaotic Evil. At best, if the group had continued to argue for it, I'd have had him distort your words and send you to some alternate reality where he didn't exist, and probably one that isn't remotely like the one you're familiar with, because one of the core tenets of Wish is "be careful what you wish for" and he's an evil deity. Or maybe he'd send you back in time to before he existed as a deity, which would have much of the same effect.

I know it's a jerk move, but it's what you'd have to expect if you're asking an evil deity to commit suicide when they're offering you a favor.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Blah.

That is all.

Amen Brother Wolf!

• Like 7

Well, it probably won't snow today at this altitude (it's already snowing higher up in the mountains). Still, it's 35F/2C right now, and raining, so you never know.

• Like 6

Why is the paw print off-Center? Otherwise...

On 5/19/2019 at 3:32 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Vlag.jpg

I like this flag. 

On 5/19/2019 at 6:48 AM, Pingo said:

Eldest came home Friday with a block of “Post-It EXTREME.” :huh:

They’re regular post-It notes with a  slightly stronger adhesive, packaged in a blatant attempt to appeal to male stereotypes. :blink:

:lol:

I suppose it was a workable way to cut through the noise...who would notice fine print that said, “slightly stronger adhesive”?

21 hours ago, Pingo said:

Once in a while i’ll sweep up the little piles of bug detritus left in my studio under the spider webs and feel grateful, because it’s so much better than bugs in my art supplies.

Before I knew better I was cruel to house centipedes, but I am a reformed character now and am happy to see them in my home.

I have no idea what those are?  Maybe they don’t live as far from the North Pole as I do??

20 hours ago, Flit said:

Absolutely ! and if you are drinking a Mimosa at brunch no one will think twice about it.

I tried a Mimosa once. As I recall I liked it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congrats on that new job ‘Mouse. 

@Paradoxical Mouse

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, TGP said:

Why is the paw print off-Center? Otherwise...

I like this flag. 

Our Public Relations Officer had one too many drink before stamping the flag..

• Like 3
  • Haha 9