Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Just now, Glitterwolf said:

Our Public Relations Officer had one too many drink before stamping the flag..

Mimosas?

• Haha 7

50 minutes ago, TGP said:

I have no idea what those are?  Maybe they don’t live as far from the North Pole as I do??

House centipede, or Scutigera coleoptrata. DO NOT LOOK IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY WITH BUGS

Spoiler

centipede.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scutigera_coleoptrata

Apparently they're from the Mediterranean, so they should like warm climates. They do like humidity, so maybe not in desert climates. They basically go from teeny-tiny centimeter-long versions of that to ones ten times the size. They can live up to seven years and they eat bugs like nobody's business.

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, TGP said:

Why is the paw print off-Center? Otherwise...

I like this flag. 

I suppose it was a workable way to cut through the noise...who would notice fine print that said, “slightly stronger adhesive”?

I have no idea what those are?  Maybe they don’t live as far from the North Pole as I do??

I tried a Mimosa once. As I recall I liked it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congrats on that new job ‘Mouse. 

@Paradoxical Mouse

Thanks.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Pingo said:

House centipede, or Scutigera coleoptrata. DO NOT LOOK IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY WITH BUGS

Reveal hidden contents

centipede.jpg

Apparently they're from the Mediterranean, so they should like warm climates. They do like humidity, so maybe not in desert climates. They basically go from teeny-tiny centimeter-long versions of that to ones ten times the size. They can live up to seven years and they eat bugs like nobody's business.

Living in Wisconsin, with a very much NOT Mediterranean climate, we have them all over the house..

My kids hate them, but they're innocuous, so I let them be..

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Hide contents

centipede.jpg

I have not seen one in the house, but they loved the basement of the library.

• Like 4

On 5/19/2019 at 7:48 AM, Pingo said:

Eldest came home Friday with a block of “Post-It EXTREME.” :huh:

They’re regular post-It notes with a  slightly stronger adhesive, packaged in a blatant attempt to appeal to male stereotypes. :blink:

:lol:

There have been times that I could have used a stronger Post-It.

An actual attempt at Post-It machismo, or an ironic attempt at machismo? (Remember the Base Boss KS from Reaper - sometimes advertising departments do get irony and sarcasm. Or just plain weird*.)

The Auld Grump - only three weeks left in the after school game.

* The Old Spice Gentleman class for D&D is definitely high on the list. :lol: Talk about a niche target market! ::D:

17 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Blerg. I ruined dnd for today. We were supposed to start at noon, but I apparently fell asleep (the baby had me pinned, i was too warm not to sleep), and now it's almost 3. :wacko:

Babies do that to you.

If your lucky then you can share your sleepless nights. ::):

The Auld Grump

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

Hide contents

centipede.jpg

There used to be places that sold them as a form of pest control - they are not territorial, and are perfectly willing to move out when they have finished eating the bugs in the house.

Watching them move is fun - but hoo, boy! can they be fast!

Locally, they seem to top out at around two inches long (out of a potential three inches.)

I used to call them Scurry Cleopatra - a joke few, if any, people ever got. ::P:

The Auld Grump

• Like 7

Taking my doggie to the vet in a bit. Hoping that her issue is minor and easily cured.

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

17 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Blerg. I ruined dnd for today. We were supposed to start at noon, but I apparently fell asleep (the baby had me pinned, i was too warm not to sleep), and now it's almost 3. :wacko:

And your husband didn't wake you up.

Good husband. :B):

Kangarooing is awesome and good for the baby. 

When our son was in the NICU, both my wife and I tried to go down to the hospital every day and spend time with our son sleeping on our chests. I was working for Games Quarterly at the time and my schedule was kind of "whenever; make sure you hit the deadline", so I would go down late at night and Cheryl would go down right after she got off work at a more normal time. I'm convinced it helped all of us.

Enjoy it while it lasts. It will quickly be replaced by something else, as will that thing. It's an adventure::D:

• Like 14

On 5/18/2019 at 6:10 PM, strawhat said:

Sure is.  Any time after breakfast (or at least after work).

I think it's worth noting that the saying "It's five o'clock somewhere" never specifies am or pm...

That's true!

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

And now to enjoy some fresh strawberries...

Wait..all gone?

@Crowley!!!!!

cutesypooh4-30.jpg?resize=600%2C600&ssl=1

What? They were fresh. And unattended... 

Coffee!!

Good but busy weekend. Too much driving, but getting to see my friends was great. Getting to see them get engaged was even better. :wub:

Its supposed to be almost 90° today. I may die...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

18 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Soon she will be at the 'Will this fit in my mouth?' stage. ::P:

fc02509.png

The Auld Grump

One of the great cruelties of the world is that Isaac Asimov did not live long enough to read Freefall - which explores his Three Laws in very different directions. (With a world where the robots outnumber the humans by hundreds to one.)

I think he would have liked it.

The Auld Grump

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

I have never seen a house centipede.

I think they are adorable - Megan...not so much. :lol:

The cats ignored the centipedes completely, as far as I could tell.

The Auld Grump

• Like 10