Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

The vet thinks Doggie might have a tic borne illness. ::(:

• Sad 14

Was worried about not getting our deposit back but because we've been here so long they are required to replace carpet and paint so we won't be charged for that.:bday:

• Like 15

On 5/17/2019 at 5:37 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Someone really let the magic smoke out of that baby. It's actually rather impressive.

I have to admit I was pretty impressed, too.   

Even better was having the customer be forthcoming as to what happened, instead of being sneaky.  I can't give him a break on this, but I will definitely remember his honesty here the next time I can give him a break. 

On 5/17/2019 at 11:53 PM, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I wasnt feeling it, my players were obviously not having fun...

I completely flubbed it. 

It sucks when that happens. 

But part of being a good DM is recognizing when you've screwed up and let your players down. 

If you don't do it before then, start the next session off with an "I'm sorry, I blew it, let's talk about what you saw, and how we can prevent it again."  It might be tough to hear their feedback, but it will build trust and empathy in the group. 

On 5/18/2019 at 3:26 PM, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I accepted a new job offer and put in my 2 weeks notice! I'm super excited for my new position!

Congratulations!

On 5/19/2019 at 6:48 AM, Pingo said:

Eldest came home Friday with a block of “Post-It EXTREME.” :huh:

They’re regular post-It notes with a  slightly stronger adhesive, packaged in a blatant attempt to appeal to male stereotypes. :blink:

:lol:

Oh god, don't let my daughter know about those!

Seriously - she's always complaining that regular post notes "aren't sticky enough"

16 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

But we're down to only about 10% to pack and move!

I always found the last 10% seems like 90% of the work, at least when you're still staring at it. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, kristof65 said:
17 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

But we're down to only about 10% to pack and move!

I always found the last 10% seems like 90% of the work, at least when you're still staring at it. 

Yup... And it doesn't seem to matter what the project is...

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

The first 90% of any project takes 90% of the effort. The last 10% takes the other 90% of the effort.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

3 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Yup... And it doesn't seem to matter what the project is...

There's a saying in the homebuilt aircraft world....  90% done, 90% to go.  It's partially based upon the fact the first 90% has some rather obviously visual clues (it goes from sheet metal in crates to, well, an actual aircraft) but then that's when the eight hundred little things say hi, and it feels like twenty hours of work doesn't get anywhere near as far because it's smaller things being taken care of.  But if you check your task list, two pages has been cleared off.. 

• Like 10

It's very observable in home building - you see the framing, siding and roofs go on, and then the house just "sits there" while all sorts of work goes on inside that we can't see from the outside.

4 minutes ago, Corsair said:

On the subject of Post It Notes, here is a great case of justice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcU5E0pjzgI

So who gets the littering ticket? ::D:

• Like 9

Also, my paper boat made it without damage!

We did however have a couple of casualties as far as furniture goes. The legs on my vainity totally broke off. Which was really upsetting because it was from Husband's uncle as a wedding gift. FIL is determined to fix it and he's always done woodworking so I'm semi- confident that it's possible.

The kitchen island top poppes off but it was just a matter of tightening some screw holder things, I've no idea what they're called. So that's fixed.

Now to finish moving and packing the small stuff and clean. We're in the home stretch now and I'm both nervous and excited.

• Like 16

44 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

The first 90% of any project takes 90% of the effort. The last 10% takes the other 90% of the effort.

The math checks out.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

Sigh... time to weedeat my lawn again because I finally got a day off that isn't raining. As much as I hate mowing my lawn, I wouldn't hate it near as much as I do if the weather would cooperate once in a while. But it only gives me clear days on my days off like once every 2 months. And half of those are days where it rained the day prior, so the lawn is both overgrown and wet, which means it kills my mower. It's like I need a mower powered by a V8 engine.

Where are Tim Taylor and Jeremy Clarkson when you need them? I need MOAR POWAH!!!!!

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Sigh... time to weedeat my lawn again because I finally got a day off that isn't raining. As much as I hate mowing my lawn, I wouldn't hate it near as much as I do if the weather would cooperate once in a while. But it only gives me clear days on my days off like once every 2 months. And half of those are days where it rained the day prior, so the lawn is both overgrown and wet, which means it kills my mower. It's like I need a mower powered by a V8 engine.

Where are Tim Taylor and Jeremy Clarkson when you need them? I need MOAR POWAH!!!!!

Brush cutters are a thing. :rolleyes:

They're not a cheap thing.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:
7 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Brush cutters are a thing. :rolleyes:

They're not a cheap thing.

Can you rent a goat?

• Like 6
  • Haha 4