Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

14 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Heck, my former girlfriend had pictures of her goat in the tree - if the branches are low enough and far enough apart, they can climb trees.

Once you let a goat into your heart... they will try to eat it. ::P:

The Auld Grump - Pratchett described goats as 'sheep with brains'.

Hey! You used your Fire! :lol:

Trying to use his laptop, and feeling guilty every time I look at the screen.

The replacement screen came in, but it hasn't been installed yet.

In Eberron Grump's character got sneaky, and had Julie's elf necromancer send word about what is going on with the Silver Flame to her government.

They found evidence that the "splinter sect" wasn't so splinter, and were planning an actual coupe, as well as broadening their mandate to encompass killing all the undead, including the elven Undying Court.

Julie is also letting her government know that the King of Karrnath is a vampire, and a potential ally against the Silver Flame if the faith continues to press their enlarged agenda. The enemy of my enemy. :devil:

Jon's character is being downright CAUTIOUS, he sees politics as a minefield where the mines move around on him. ::P:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Wait, why has no one told me of this??  ::P:

I'm so bored right now...  Just sitting at a car dealership getting hubby's car checked.  They have free cookies, which is awesome, but I could really use lunch.  

Oh, some do have lunch, alongside the free coffee and other snacks...  A lot of the dealerships I deliver to have popcorn, for example.

As for lunch, uhm, sadly the dealerships that have such as an option are usually charging, unless they're doing a BBQ event thingy.  Soooo hope several of my dealers do that this year *whistles innocently*  Four years ago was epic, I think I only had to dig into my packed lunch as my actual lunch for like five days during summer....  EVERYONE kept having BBQ's, it was awesome.

(EDIT: Some luxury brand dealers have an on-site chef...  To go with the spa treatments you can get while your vehicle is being maintained... end edit)

Paint store BBQ's are the best, since their BBQ's are usually the same day I deliver to them, and I usually don't even get a chance to put things away before food is being shoved my way.... :devil:   (Never let staff at places you deliver to know not only your schedule, but that you're hypoglycemic.  They'll use the "ohhh, you look pale, here, have a smokie" line waaaay too often, and of course that's when your stomach goes OH SWEET FOOOOD WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!, y'know, like puppies do when you feed them, and they had this whole thought process of OMG THERE'S NO MORE FOOD!  ...Oh, hey, there is food, WHOOOO!O!!!)

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

I set the table up for Kings of War, we haven't played in about a month. ::): I want to kill things. ::P:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Unruly said:
3 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Can you rent a goat?

My experience with goats is that they're great for brush, like briars and brambles, and for stripping trees of anything the goat can reach. And they can reach a lot once they stand on their hind legs and really stretch out. Then they break into your shed, eat your ice melt salts, and die from it. But the one my mom had didn't really do much for her lawn. She was an awesome pet, though. Like a giant dog.

For lawns, you want sheep, not goats. Goats are for brush clearing.

Sheep are excellent for lawns, and confusing the neighbors. ^_^

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor rum wolf

jack-sparrow1.jpg.3bc3f371124991e1ee83d07f642e0d8c.jpg

2-x-the-kraken-black-spiced-rum-empty-bottles-700ml-upcycle-squid-man-cave.jpg.85600d42cf357acc6b6e6792ac1c1d02.jpg

3 hours ago, Flit said:

I took her to the vet because she had blood in her urine, as it turned out the blood was from her skin.

After several tests the vet is pretty sure it is Rocky Mountain Spotted Tic Fever. She actually has had no symptoms of it, but her platelets are low. They ran the four tic borne illnesses that  they can  do in house. To % verify it they would have to send it off and it would cost an extra $100. She is now on antibiotics and prednisone and is expected to make a full recovery.

I'm very happy to hear it. ::):

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

Jon's character is being downright CAUTIOUS, he sees politics as a minefield where the mines move around on him. ::P:

Well, he's not wrong.

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Sheep are excellent for lawns, and confusing the neighbors. ^_^

And, as my wife would point out, for yarn.  And silly knitting memes.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

And, as my wife would point out, for yarn.  And silly knitting memes.

Ewe are kidding, right?

• Haha 9

You know it's funny but awesome when you only have 1 wererat mini (well I know what I'll be adding to a future order) & you need a 2nd one for a encounter & you use a Mouseling thief mini in it's place!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

Well, I just received a shipping notice for my Hasslefree order! I didn't spring for the tracking, so I don't know when it will show up, but I'm guessing that it will show up in a week or two given my past experiences with international shipping. I'm hoping it shows up sooner rather than later, otherwise it might show up while I'm on vacation. I leave for Florida on the 3rd, and since I no longer have a roommate it would sit outside until I got home on the 11th if it was delivered during that period.

Based on what other people here have said about Hasslefree's difficulties as of late and how it has impacted their shipping, I'm hoping that this is a sign that their good ship is righting itself.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

You can't have the post office hold your stuff 'till you get back? Or a friend to collect it for you?

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

You can't have the post office hold your stuff 'till you get back? Or a friend to collect it for you?

Mail holds are... unreliable. The last time I used one they put it in effect two weeks after the dates I had requested.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

On 5/19/2019 at 7:48 PM, Green Eyed Monster said:

Oy.  What a weekend.:wacko:

Three nights in a Best Western with way too soft beds.  My new name for Best Western is Back Wrecker. :angry::zombie:

Plus problems with their internet "tech suport" :devil:

OW!

Definitely too soft mattress.  One night on my memory foam mattress and the back is improving.   But it's going to take several more days before things are back to "normal", for a given value of normal.

Dealing with tech "support" in India:

Spoiler

Preface:  My sisters first husband was a Sikh, born and raised in the Punjab.  I spent a considerable amount of time both in Chicago and Wisconsin socializing in the local Sikh Communities.  Not the American converts to Sikhism but the people who were born into it in India and have brought their religion and communities with them to the USA.  Generally fine people to know and hard working assets in the communities they live in.

So I'm familiar with English spoken with an Indian Accent.  Sometimes with a very thick Indian Accent.

The mis-adventure:  Couldn't get on to internet in the hotel.  My tablet indicated it was logging on to the system but that there was no internet.

Seen this before, 90% plus chance the router has crashed and needs a reboot.  So I called their "tech-support" number and was immediately connected with the guy gargling marbles.  His English was so bad and slurred that even I couldn't understand it. 

I pressed on and explained the problem and stated "it probably needs a router re-boot".

Marble Mouth immediately starts in with his scripts of all the irrelevant stuff, guaranteed not to fix the problem and in the process  frustrate bubba hotel guest who has trouble understanding people from Long Island. 

After 10+ minutes of frustration Marble Mouth finally gets to the screen telling him to re-boot the router remotely.  After the router came up [surprise! {not}]  he wanted to know if there was anything else he could do.  I told him yes, the next time pay attention to the callers who actually know how this stuff works, that way you won't waste 10 or more minutes of their and your time like you just did with me.

When we checked out I was asked how our visit was and I remarked, "Just fine except for the too soft beds and the poor quality tech-support."

The two desk clerks looked at each other with a "we have tech-support?" look on their faces.

They did apologize for the too soft mattresses.

By Thursday I should be able to get out of a chair without groaning in pain.

GEM

Who hopes everybody else is in good health and looking forward to ReaperCon.

2 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Started unpacking the hobby room today.

0520191503_HDR.thumb.jpg.0e9259f0cc7353762a58cc4079b2770f.jpg0520191503.thumb.jpg.a8180bc0cea15e3dbb4eda30c9ada71f.jpg0520191503a_HDR.thumb.jpg.cf69bff39ac204d9e1e69b77886d069f.jpg

The view from the hobby room window should promote tranquility and motivated painting.

It would for me.

GEM

Good Luck with the rest of the move.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Unruly said:

Mail holds are... unreliable. The last time I used one they put it in effect two weeks after the dates I had requested.

Ours have always been rock solid. Then again, we log in to the usps website and enter it directly into their brains.

Had an absolute droll day at work, came home to my wife's complete and total panic as she just realized when I walked in the door that she'd missed our daughter's dental appointment. She doesn't like to set an alarm for the events in our online calendar and that's bitten her twice now.

The evening went much better. Played games for about an hour, then worked on my lifeline by starting reading my grandmother's 1990 diary. I'd finished up 1982 last night, and I'm sort of hopping around. Reliving 1988 and my parent's divorce is going to suck, but I'll probably learn a lot of things I didn't know. Then got tired of that and went to finished up a beer drinkin' dwarf figure I've been dabbing small amounts of paint on for several months. Think I need to give the base a quick wash then seal him up. If he's lucky, I'll even give him a plastic base.

Taking the day off of work tomorrow as I'm scheduled to go get me bees. Wonder how fast I'll get stung? Beats being at the desk.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

One night on my memory foam mattress and the back is improving.

I can't use a memory foam mattress. My wife has the same problem. In fact we just got rid of one and replaced it with a pillow-top and both of us are sleeping much better.

De gustibus ...

• Like 6