Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

39 minutes ago, Flit said:

Turns out there is a part 2 to the tic fever story. I found a tic on me this morning and when I removed it the head stayed. Never had that happen before.  Now I get to spend some time in a walk in clinic and get antibiotics:(.   Mostly I’m worried about my cats. There are som nasty things cats can get from ticks. It is going to be a long day. 

Good that you noticed.

The sooner one gets antibiotics the better when a tick has bitten.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

I could probably find players for you, but you'd have to spend a few hours driving south, or they would have to spend the same driving north (and they're uselessly lazy, in that regard).

We got in a couple of battles - including one of my favorite custom scenarios.

Meeting Engagement - a road running from one side of the table to the other, with both armies deploying from the road in their first turn. (Not all battles are planned, some just... happen. Gettysburg was a meeting engagement that turned into a Meat Grinder.)

Megan won the Invade scenario - by a hefty margin. (I had nowhere near enough Surge in my army, this time around. Jarvis serving as one of my Necromancers. I like playing Goody Two-Shoes undead.)

I won the Meeting Engagement - opening with Surge on my undead cavalry, and destroying her war engines before they got a chance to fire, and I managed to tie up her trolls with zombies. Her giant and my vampire ended up in close combat - it took a while to kill the giant, but my vampire eventually ended as the victor - an almost dead victor, but victor nonetheless.

I definitely need to add a hard hitter to my army - maybe the zombie dragon will be seeing use sooner than I expected. 1,500 points means having to make choices and compromises.... Her goblin army has it easier.

The Auld Grump

• Like 10

11 hours ago, TGP said:

Install a larger mailbox** The one time I ordered from Hasslefree they used a very small box.

**or a doorslot(?)

4 hours ago, eldamir said:

This - my HF kickstarter order, with something like 24 minis (plus the usual candy) was about the size of a 3x5 index card pack.. I had no idea what the package was initially because I was expecting something much larger from them..

Reaper is pretty good, but in my experience Hasslefree is the master at efficiently packing surprising amounts of stuff in tiny, tiny boxes.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Lunch consumed, coffee finished. Rest of the afternoon, plus an after work hours all hands meeting.

Fun...

At least when all that's over I can go home and study for the CPA. :rolleyes:

I'd rather be painting. 

• Like 12

Just got done at the clinic. The tick was not imbedded. So I shouldn’t get any tick disease. 

On the other hand it is storming hear with all kinds of alerts and watches. Just a regular spring 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

But... Why? I'd never remember anything if it weren't for my calendar and to do lists. :blink:

KNOW! I really don’t understand that.

Trip to north of Denver on a snowy day complete, and the acquisition is in the appropriate thread.

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Flit said:

Just got done at the clinic. The tick was not imbedded. So I shouldn’t get any tick disease. 

You mean the head was not stuck under your skin as you thought?  I'm confused, but happy for you.  Ticks are the worst of bugs.  

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Flit said:

On the other hand it is storming hear with all kinds of alerts and watches. Just a regular spring 

Good news!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well, the network is down at work which means I can do literally none of my job right now...

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

Today:

- Pack

- Clean

- Hold on to what little bit of sanity I have left.

- Pack some more.

- Move things to house

- Unpack at house?

ETA: Found a dead, what I think was, a dead stink bug in the upstairs bathroom. Hoping not to find more. I don't think I'll use that bathroom unless necessary. It probably needs a whole remodel upon inspection. 

The whole house has things to fix and I'm very frustrated about it.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 5
  • Sad 6

3 minutes ago, DocPiske said:

The 1st Harry Potter movie will be old enough to vote this year.

Wasn't it released in December? It'll miss this year's election day ::P:

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Pingo said:

Reaper is pretty good, but in my experience Hasslefree is the master at efficiently packing surprising amounts of stuff in tiny, tiny boxes.

Thanks for confirming. It’s not just me then. 

Do you suppose it is because Through-The-Door Mail Slots are ubiquitous in the UK (?) and they do their best to pack to a standard that will work with those?

• Like 7