Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

1 minute ago, NebulousMissy said:

Good news from yesterday. Amazingly good news.

For those who remember the guy at my work who had the heart attack, who I had to do CPR on while most everyone else just watched...

He's back at work. And he's still himself, with the addition of some stents. His memory of the event is missing but he's lost nothing else.

That really is amazing news.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

For those who remember the guy at my work who had the heart attack, who I had to do CPR on while most everyone else just watched...

He's back at work. And he's still himself, with the addition of some stents. His memory of the event is missing but he's lost nothing else.

Glad to hear.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

That's great!

• Like 8

After lunch, my hypothetical character name has evolved to 'Sandosi', or possibly 'Chiosi'.

Definitely better than before.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Name game...

For the first: Xiwpap.  I don't think that's pronounceable outside of Wales or Greece.  (Although the romanized Greek would be "Chiorar", with a long 'o'.)

For the second: Chezza.  This actually sounds like a name.  I wouldn't use it for an adventurer personally.  Seems a reasonable name for a wererat henchman though.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Seems a reasonable name for a wererat henchman though.

Or someone annoying from England.

Assuming those are different things.

:B):

ETA: It looks like "Chezza" is a nickname in use for both "Cheryl" and "Charles" (which can also be "Chazza").

Edited by Doug Sundseth
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

Working for a guy named Ratigan?  (Which is probably too obvious for a wererat, but, hey, hiding in plain sight?  Or, for misdirection, he's not a wererat but something more vicious.)

• Haha 9

I was right! 8lbs 1.8oz. And she has a big head; I don't recall the measurement, but her head is in the 91st percentile (whatever that means) for baby heads. Hopefully, that means she'll be smart. 

I'll get her a bubble pipe and a monocle to test her smartness :lol:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

They called 2 big groups before lunch, 1 small group after lunch, and I'm still sitting around... 

:upside:

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Crowley said:

They called 2 big groups before lunch, 1 small group after lunch, and I'm still sitting around... 

:upside:

Colorado has a pretty good jury system of "One Trial or One Day" in a calendar year. And you are usually in a specific trial's jury pool or excused by 0900 (assuming that you actually have to report).

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Colorado has a pretty good jury system of "One Trial or One Day" in a calendar year. And you are usually in a specific trial's jury pool or excused by 0900 (assuming that you actually have to report).

I concur - CO's was definitely better than what I experienced in CA.    In CA, I ended up sitting in the jury pool room all day, only to finally be sent home later in the day.  Or worse, the couple times where I had to call in the night before, only to be told "call in again tomorrow." 

In CO, the time I got seated on the jury, I knew I was going to be on it by noon.   The other time, I was home before lunch, after being dismissed by the prosecutor. 

Still waiting to see what it's like here in IA.  We moved to a relatively small county, so I am expecting that I'll get called more often than I did elsewhere, but two years in, and still no summons.  (Hmm...maybe I shouldn't have said that.)

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Well, its one trial or one day here, and I served my day. And apparently I'm good for the next 6 years?!? Crazy...

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Well, its one trial or one day here, and I served my day. And apparently I'm good for the next 6 years?!? Crazy...

6 years is nice. We only get a year's exemption here. But sitting in a jury room for a whole day in case they need you would be unpleasant. ½ of one, 6 dozen of the other.

Edited by Doug Sundseth
  • Like 10

20 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Tegcae or Space 

ETA: things to fix. List will no doubtedly get longer. Might need a bigger notebook.

0521191639.thumb.jpg.bc3df8e9586cb0132c1711995d9aab20.jpg

Megtac.

Sounds like a military organization. ::P:  Run that through Meg Tac, and I'll get back to you.

• Like 10