Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Bees are in the hive! I didn't see the queen, but I'm not going to sweat that at this point. I'll check for eggs in a week or so.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Daughter #2's measles immunity passed the bar, as did rhubella.  Mumps failed, so another shot and a follow up test.  This is the only good thing happening here today, so I'm holding on to it.  

• Like 11
  • Sad 3

32 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I mentioned it as an issue in the new website thread, but have yet to get any reply regarding such.  For some reason, we're seeing stuff upwards of a year old being listed as "new", while the actually new releases aren't event showcased.  Given that they don't announce the new releases on the forums anymore, it's rather frustrating. 

The UK version of the site seems to show genuine new releases.  Try changing your currency selection and see what it shows.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, TGP said:

An alternative Quick-!-name-that-character rule, again utilizing most recent place one ordered food:

First three letters of an item ordered

+

Last three letters of the establishment

=

Character name

Yashen....sounds like the name of a familiar <_<

• Like 7

12 hours ago, TGP said:

An alternative Quick-!-name-that-character rule, again utilizing most recent place one ordered food:

+

=

Character name

Terdge

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, TGP said:

+

=

Character name

Shress

Not too bad, but no way am I using it :lol:

• Like 7

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I was right! 8lbs 1.8oz. And she has a big head; I don't recall the measurement, but her head is in the 91st percentile (whatever that means) for baby heads. Hopefully, that means she'll be smart. 

I'll get her a bubble pipe and a monocle to test her smartness :lol:

Percentiles are simply "higher than x% of the population". So your baby's head is among the largest 9% of the population...

5 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Pinky and the Brain, Pinky and the Brain!

One of them's a genius,

The other's insane.

https://youtu.be/OqMs9WsJg2k

And I checked - the bartenders are the original voice actors...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hubby got a new game, Dauntless, which looks fun and I'd love to join him in playing, but their server capacity is really poor. I can't even get in for character creation. 

There also doesnt seem seem to be a way to track the beasties while hunting them. You just wander around randomly until you find it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

14 hours ago, TGP said:

+

=

Character name

BISNER

GEM

• Like 3

WHY husband, WHY.

He randomly just... started playing Diggy Diggy Hole on full blast. :lol: Now that's stuck in my head....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 15
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I dont know what its like in the other parts of the state but when I got called in Keokuk I got as far as signing into the jury room.  They asked my occupation, I said engineer, they said go home.  At the time I was happy to vacate but have always been curious what the city had against engineers...

I never got called again in that state either.

You are trained to deal in facts and logical thinking.  You aren't swayed by emotional arguments.

Trial attorneys don't like people that they can't push buttons and manipulate the emotions to sway them to their arguments.

People like you make them have to actually work hard.

Once somebody like you gets into the jury room you become a leader as soon as you point out the first error in logic or appeal to emotion.

Trial Lawyers, either prosecutors or defense attorneys don't like that.

GEM

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

You are trained to deal in facts and logical thinking.  You aren't swayed by emotional arguments.

Trial attorneys don't like people that they can't push buttons and manipulate the emotions to sway them to their arguments.

People like you make them have to actually work hard.

Once somebody like you gets into the jury room you become a leader as soon as you point out the first error in logic or appeal to emotion.

Trial Lawyers, either prosecutors or defense attorneys don't like that.

GEM

Which makes a mockery of the concept of getting a "jury of your peers" if you happen to be any smarter than average...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sumbloke said:

Which makes a mockery of the concept of getting a "jury of your peers" if you happen to be any smarter than average...

Tell me about it.

I would surmise from the general tone and level of conversations on this forum, this sub-forum in particular, that the average/mid-range of intellect is somewhat to the right of the standard bell curve for human intelligence.

GEM

Twinkle     Twinkle

• Like 7

That's about what happened to me both times I got called in for jury duty. They ask "how are you?" Under oath, I answer truthfully "I had to get here too early to have my morning tea, therefore I am grumpy". What do I do? "Science student". Free time? "Lead zombie games and D&D". I saw myself, the mechanical engineering professor, the professor's student (yes, coincidentally both were called), and a nurse all given the boot. It was for a DUI case, we wanted evidence for whatever the result may be. Perhaps more severe cases would take more logic-minded folks. But the ones I got called for? Nope. Uncaffeinated science minds were not wanted. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 2