Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

sub-buzz-7223-1557940520-7.jpg?output-qu

Um where were these guys in Endgame? Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

That's about what happened to me both times I got called in for jury duty. They ask "how are you?" Under oath, I answer truthfully "I had to get here too early to have my morning tea, therefore I am grumpy". What do I do? "Science student". Free time? "Lead zombie games and D&D". I saw myself, the mechanical engineering professor, the professor's student (yes, coincidentally both were called), and a nurse all given the boot. It was for a DUI case, we wanted evidence for whatever the result may be. Perhaps more severe cases would take more logic-minded folks. But the ones I got called for? Nope. Uncaffeinated science minds were not wanted. 

Before I was permanently sidelined by a Drunk Driver I was called for jury duty for a Drunk Driver case.

As soon as the defense attorney found out I was a long haul driver with previous experience dealing with drunk and impared drivers I was thanked and asked to leave.

GEM

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

That's about what happened to me both times I got called in for jury duty. They ask "how are you?" Under oath, I answer truthfully "I had to get here too early to have my morning tea, therefore I am grumpy". What do I do? "Science student". Free time? "Lead zombie games and D&D". I saw myself, the mechanical engineering professor, the professor's student (yes, coincidentally both were called), and a nurse all given the boot. It was for a DUI case, we wanted evidence for whatever the result may be. Perhaps more severe cases would take more logic-minded folks. But the ones I got called for? Nope. Uncaffeinated science minds were not wanted. 

The one time I got as far as the Voir Dire stage I got struck. It was also a DUI case. 

Lifetime: I have been summoned 6-7 times since becoming eligible, only got to the lawyers that one time. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, haldir said:

sub-buzz-7223-1557940520-7.jpg?output-qu

Um where were these guys in Endgame? Lol

Well, spiderman is there, isn't he? And I'm pretty sure there's at least one blue person in the mix...

Also, I kind of want that shirt just so I can wear it to my FLCS and see what reactions it causes.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

I have mentioned this before but it bears repeating:  in a jury I have never gotten beyond: race, employment, education before being sent home.  Sometimes it's by the defense, sometimes the prosecution, but it's always home time.  The lone exception was when I didn't even get that far and started the conversation saying the defendant was guilty.  This got me thrown out and a reprimand

If I am ever tried I want to instruct my lawyer to use a true jury of my peers.  That should drag out the jury selection a few months and give me a better success if I'm innocent.  If I'm guilty, well, I'm not the type to do anything without accepting the conequences.  Won't stop me from trying though...

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 9

So I think I'm gonna be picking up the table for my game room today. Tractor Supply has a 6ft centerfold table on sale right now for $35. It's not a Lifetime table, which is what I was really wanting because they're a quality brand, but it's also less than half the cost of a Lifetime table. If it lasts me a year or two, it's worth it.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Random comedic statement.

Polite laugh indicating statement was less funny than speaker thought.

Merge: Oh, and after fretting all night in my dreams, the bees have settled in. Took the top lid off and through the roof hole, they are going about their business rather than a huddled mass yesterday evening. Think they warmed the place up so can do work.

• Like 12
  • Haha 3

Well, no table today. They were out of stock. I've got a raincheck order in for one, though, so in about 2 weeks I should have a table!

It's just a shame that I still won't have chairs. The ones I'm looking at getting are about $35 a piece(as much as the table they're going to be used with!) because they're metal folding chairs with about 3 inches of padding on the seat and an inch or so of padding on the back. I'm trying to keep the stuff able to be packed into the space under my stairs when not in use, but still decently comfortable for extended use, so I'm trying to avoid the plain metal folding chairs. Those things are fine if you're sitting for maybe half an hour, but after that the lack of padding starts to suck.

Currently sitting at the dentist waiting for the novocaine to kick in in prep for a root canal. Which will be wonderful when it's done, because my lower left jaw will finally stop screaming in pain all the time. But it's also gonna cost me another $400, and max out my dental plan for the year. Oh well, I wasn't planning on doing anything more this year anyway. With all the dental work I need my plan is one crown and one filling per year until it's all fixed. I've got maybe 2 more years of that ahead of me.

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Tell me about it.

I would surmise from the general tone and level of conversations on this forum, this sub-forum in particular, that the average/mid-range of intellect is somewhat to the right of the standard bell curve for human intelligence.

GEM

Twinkle     Twinkle

Nuh-uhh! You’re a standard bell swerve!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Sounds like a good plan for your gaming room @Unruly looking forward to hearing how it turns out.

And best of luck with your teeth.  I'm currently in search if another dentist.  Last one can't handle the issue with my jaw locking and keeps telling me it's my fault.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Grump finally dropped of his laptop for repairs.

Then left his Fire at home.<_<

And my Fire is acting like a polyp.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Random comedic statement.

Socially acceptable reaction.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1