Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

6 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

Really?  Wow.  I've known the black and yellow make olive drab trick for ever; my father used to use it to paint model airplanes in the 1940s, and has an Army story from the early 50s about using it and getting everyone in some mild trouble over some gloss OD helmets.

Really.

DSC_1470-Reaper-50212-Incredible-Woman-as-She-Hulk.thumb.jpg.6112b82cee388019216cf3fcc908d934.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I learned to like terrible things for precisely this reason.  Well, not because you might steal it, but because someone might.  So I would purposely buy the weirdest, most terrible sounding/looking/tasting things.  (Sometimes they might actually be good, just look awful)

If anyone stayed away, it worked as intended.  If somebody stole them, I found out who was brave and adventurous and made a new friend.  

Also, I'm petty enough to make sure nobody gets to enjoy anything if it comes to that.  This is how I wound up with a fridge full of Pineapple Crush.  I hate it.  Everyone else hates it.  But it sure is hot out today, and those vile things are cold.  Who will break first?  Who will dare walk down the Yellow Ick Road?  

Not me.  I'd rather die of thirst.  Or any other method.  

I actually like pineapple Crush, not enough to want to drink it all the time, but it is pretty good as a once in a while beverage. 

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Really.

DSC_1470-Reaper-50212-Incredible-Woman-as-She-Hulk.thumb.jpg.6112b82cee388019216cf3fcc908d934.jpg

By the way, that's a cool paintjob!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I’ve taken more vacation that I would normally like to this week, but more or less had to in order to get things done. I forecast my vacation accrual and planned time off two years in advance, so was worried about the impact this week would have. 

Not good. But in the opposite direction. Unless I start taking a lot more time off, I’m going to hit the limit of what I can store up and  stop gaining hours. Had to put in a fake three week vacation just to get the numbers more where I want them.

The reason that’s not good is it will be very attractive to just not go in to work. That will really destroy my motivation and effectiveness. Guess I need to start planning a bit so that the time off I do take has a specific purpose and goal.

Yeah, I know. I’m lucky to have this problem. 

Maybe a once a month Monday to hobby to practice and perfect my figure painting is a worthy plan.

• Like 9

57 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Not good. But in the opposite direction. Unless I start taking a lot more time off, I’m going to hit the limit of what I can store up and  stop gaining hours. Had to put in a fake three week vacation just to get the numbers more where I want them.

Yeah, I'm taking this next week off for exactly that reason. Not so interested in working for free. :rolleyes:

• Like 8

4 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I mean, banana Laffy Taffy and fruity-flavored gummies are basically fruit, right? :rock:

Seems legit.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Oh they are out here already and already under foot.  I don't know what it his about me and bees but they almost always seem to be where I'm trying to step.  Could have something to do about a lawn full of clover and violets I suppose... It can be dangerous work collecting your dinner!

At least I learned an important lesson when I was three:  no matter how fuzzy they look, don't pet the bumblebees - life lessons folks!

I've never had any problems petting the bumble bees. 

2 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I learned to like terrible things for precisely this reason.  Well, not because you might steal it, but because someone might.  So I would purposely buy the weirdest, most terrible sounding/looking/tasting things.  (Sometimes they might actually be good, just look awful)

If anyone stayed away, it worked as intended.  If somebody stole them, I found out who was brave and adventurous and made a new friend.  

Also, I'm petty enough to make sure nobody gets to enjoy anything if it comes to that.  This is how I wound up with a fridge full of Pineapple Crush.  I hate it.  Everyone else hates it.  But it sure is hot out today, and those vile things are cold.  Who will break first?  Who will dare walk down the Yellow Ick Road?  

Not me.  I'd rather die of thirst.  Or any other method.  

My hubby likes pineapple crush :ik_oops:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On the "Monday on a Friday" type topic...  Our work software/computers decided to act up.  Okay, not an issue, we can print invoices... 

...Wait,what do you mean we can't print PICK SHEETS....  Had to handwrite and then handpick two of my customers today, and of course they're the last minute big ones.  Oh well, after today, it's two days of destroying happyland or whatever it's called in Dungeons III. ^_^

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Been a hard day today.

The doctors have changed one of my housemates medications to a different (more cost-effective) brand. Only problem is, our normal pharmacist doesn't stock it, and neither do any others. I know this because I've spent all day walking around town visiting them.

Plus I had to have a blood test and got the nurse who wriggles the needle :down:

:grr: ooh heck no!! :grr:

I had one nurse do that once. Never again.

90 minutes to go... 0 motivation...

• Like 6

Turns out my baby is a grumpy, fussy baby. Cries a whole lot for no decernable reason, wants to be held constantly, and always has a grumpy face on. 

I don't know where she gets it from; according to our moms we were both easy babies ( my mom was even able to bring me to classes with her). 

She just started crying again. :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 9

8 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Turns out my baby is a grumpy, fussy baby. Cries a whole lot for no decernable reason, wants to be held constantly, and always has a grumpy face on. 

I don't know where she gets it from; according to our moms we were both easy babies ( my mom was even able to bring me to classes with her). 

*gets into jester costume again, dances and jingles around*

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Something I haven't quite realized in over six months. (Kind of my fault really)

When you move from one province to another, even if you stay with the same insurance company and update your policy with them, what it does is create a new policy and *not* automatically cancel the old one (insurance coverage laws vary by province). <_<

I've been paying what essentially amounts to twice my normal insurance rate. For a while I thought it was because of my new car instead of my former 10 year old car that I kept forgetting to inform them that I no longer own it.

Anyway, I'm on the line with them to resolve this and get a reimbursement/credit/whatever.

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

My tooth doesn't hurt today! Or at least it's a heck of a lot calmer than it was yesterday. There's no persistent pain, it's just a mild pain when I bite down on something. I don't even think I'll need ibuprofen! Or if I do it'll be like one or two for the whole day, not two every 4 hours like it has been for the last few weeks.

D&D tonight, but we're down a player because of a wedding. Which is a bummer, because it's also the player we're losing next month when he moves to Rochester. And I took today and tomorrow off of work so that I can have a 4 day weekend and stay for the whole game tonight.

Also, I need to start marinating some pork for Sunday. I've got 6lbs of country ribs that I'm gonna be hauling out to the river and cooking on a massively overcrowded portable charcoal grill. Which will basically turn the grill into a small smoker, because I can never get it truly hot to begin with. Which will hopefully make the ribs turn out awesome, because I've never done country ribs on a grill. I've always used an oven or a crock pot.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I am suddenly reminded of the Angel episode (Buffy spin-off) where the baby is crying.... until vampy-face goes on. Then baby giggles. 

Baby wants a grumpy glaring contest?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

We switched our son to soy based infant formula, which helped a little (Japanese are prone to lactose intolerance). He still was fussy most of the time. But what really settled him down hard was my stepmother going against the pediatrician‘s advice.

She gave him baby food at four months and not six! Son attacked the spoon every time it came close. Wife was in a little panic about that...

... until he slept for three hours without all the drama beforehand. Actually laid down and closed his eyes! He did eat an entire baby jar of apple sauce tho.

Now Lil’ Red is still way young for that, but keep it in the back of your head.

As for the holding, well, we laugh now about it but we had our Night of Hell. If we stopped bouncing on an exercise ball while holding him he would wake up. We had to swap off every hour to let the other one sleep.

• Like 7