Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

25 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

I’ve never seen pineapple Crush.

i did find diet orange Crush once and haven’t found it again since then.  Which is annoying because it was pretty good.

Locally, we have the rarest of all Crush:  Birch Beer.  It's only sold here.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Turns out my baby is a grumpy, fussy baby. Cries a whole lot for no decernable reason, wants to be held constantly, and always has a grumpy face on. 

I don't know where she gets it from; according to our moms we were both easy babies ( my mom was even able to bring me to classes with her). 

She just started crying again. :mellow:

Babies are all different and it can take a while for you to get to know each other.  One of mine would cry the instant her diaper was wet and was impossible to take in the car.  But she was quick to settle down if you changed her IMMEDIATELY and was the most cheerful toddler.  You'll get to know each other better and things will improve.  Who knows, she might have indigestion or acid reflux or diaper rash or ???  

Do mention it to your nurse or doctor if it's really chronic, they might have suggestions for you.  I think my hospital even had a shop with carriers and stuff that you could try to see if baby liked it before having to waste any money on it.  

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I would love to try that someday.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

...and now you have me wanting to play Diablo.

Please, listen to me! The archbishop Lazarus, he led us down there to find the lost prince. The bastard led us into a trap! Now everyone is dead, killed by a demon he called the butcher. Please, find this butcher and slay him so that my soul may finally rest...

Ahhhhh... Fresh Meat!

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Okay. I get it now.

He ordered the new Fire for me because he hates using his, and HAS to use it while the laptop is being repaired.

He ordered it because he now UNDERSTANDS why I hate using the Fire

And they offered easy payments to him while his will was weak. Five payments of $15.... I can understand that.

I'm still yelling at him though. He has his Fire, and didn't even TRY messaging me until he ordered the new one. <_< At least he is getting it for me, not himself.

I think he is planning to PuNt his thrOUgH the wALL! ::D:

He never understood before because he only used it for PDFs.

I have been yelled at. :down:

Though I do need to defend myself. It was because I DO understand that I only use the @#$%& thing for PDFs. <_<

Then add the Worst Internet In The World at work, and you can understand why it remained unused.

Once the new one comes in I will root Megan's old one, and install a smaller OS.

Or give it to someone.

Megan gets used a gazillion times more.

1 hour ago, LittleBluberry said:

Babies are all different and it can take a while for you to get to know each other.  One of mine would cry the instant her diaper was wet and was impossible to take in the car.  But she was quick to settle down if you changed her IMMEDIATELY and was the most cheerful toddler.  You'll get to know each other better and things will improve.  Who knows, she might have indigestion or acid reflux or diaper rash or ???  

Do mention it to your nurse or doctor if it's really chronic, they might have suggestions for you.  I think my hospital even had a shop with carriers and stuff that you could try to see if baby liked it before having to waste any money on it.  

Brigid wasn't a huge crier, and not that loud when she did. I would wake up, feed and/or change her, and as soon as I started she would quiet right down before I finished.

But she was and is a grabber. ::P:

The Auld Grump

Megan is in with Julie right now - Julie is still at the elven embassy.

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 9

On 5/23/2019 at 6:34 PM, PaganMegan said:

Taco Bell has a new soda flavor.

Best described as Rotting Mango Mountain Dew. :zombie:

I'm, uhm, sorry I missed it. :unsure:

10 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I'd rather drink Moxie. And I DO NOT LIKE Moxie! Jon brings Moxie to game nights and NOBODY steals his soda. EVER. Except Julie, but that doesn't count. :wow:

You know how you can use Pepsi to dissolve the rust off of old nails?

They rebottle the Pepsi used to dissolve the rust and sell it as Moxie. <_<

The Auld Grump

19 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Please, listen to me! The archbishop Lazarus, he led us down there to find the lost prince. The bastard led us into a trap! Now everyone is dead, killed by a demon he called the butcher. Please, find this butcher and slay him so that my soul may finally rest...

Ahhhhh... Fresh Meat!

The key to killing The Butcher is pretty much any weapon 'Of The Bear'. ::P:

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

...and now you have me wanting to play Diablo.

Ahhh, I remember that game back in the day.

I now have repetitive strain injury in both wrists, so cannot enjoy such a game.  No, the injury is not related to Diablo, it was related to a call center job I was in for quite some time where the desks were terribly set up, and I didn't realize it....  Until I got the rare form of RSI fairly bad in my right paw (I also have it in the left, but it's nowhere near as bad, and takes a LOT more to start acting up).

Was tons of fun to play.  Then they teased Diablo III, andd... Yeah, gawds that took a while.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Crisis management is a skill that transcends fields.

Guess what I’m doing?

Transcending fields? I hope they have grain. Transcending grain fields is nice.

I should sleep.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

This is what "bacon cheese fries" looks like when it grows up - none of that crappy cheese sauce, artificial bacon bits and paper/foam containers, just a regular-sized tin dish (the size chicken parm usually comes in) half-filled with fries, covered in real mozzarella, then filled to the top with fries and more cheese and bacon on it... $9.75 at my local family-owned pizza place.

Spoiler

baconcheesefries.jpg.895c7d9cc5d26809ec7331ff59567ec1.jpg

...And a grilled chicken grinder ($8.75) for my dinner - I put the fries in the fridge for tomorrow, I'll reheat them in the oven....

Spoiler

grilledchickengrinder.jpg.86c0ad55f04d363d6a06ee652720826e.jpg

There's a reason that place is one of the busiest and longest-operating businesses in town...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 18

2 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Crisis management is a skill that transcends fields.

Guess what I’m doing?

Sorry to hear that.  I do hope it's corporate and not personal.  Best of luck and I hope your cross plaining ends soon!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Mmm birch beer. :wub: I tell people my favorite root beer isn't root beer, it's birch beer, it's got such a wonderfully strong 'root beer' flavor. Sarsaparilla is also quite good.

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The key to killing The Butcher is pretty much any weapon 'Of The Bear'. ::P:

The Auld Grump

The key to killing The Butcher is to find a gated room, close the door behind you, and hit him with a bow or spells through the gate.

4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Was tons of fun to play.  Then they teased Diablo III, andd... Yeah, gawds that took a while.

You didn't miss much. When it first came out it was an absolute mess with a real-money auction house, a loot system that was designed to pretty much force usage of the auction house by intentionally dropping items for other classes at a much higher rate, a developer team that considered any build that was useful at higher difficulties to be "broken" so they nerfed it into oblivion about a day later, the inability to play offline largely because of the real-money auction house, and no free roaming play at all. You either had to play through the story again and again or just not play, because unlike Diablo and Diablo 2 you couldn't just go to different areas whenever you wanted to.

It took them about a year to fix the loot system to be useful, during which time they were banning people from the forums for making complaints about it. Two years after release they put out the expansion which finally added a free-roam play option and removed the auction house from the game. They also did a console version of the game which has an offline play option despite their claiming that the game was built from the ground up to require an Internet connection(they said loot drops are handled server-side) any time the PC players asked for one. PC still doesn't have an offline mode.

Diablo 3 was the last Blizzard game I ever bought because of how it was handled. I stopped playing it after about two months, because there was no sign of any real improvement, every patch(released just about every other day) was nothing but nerfs, and so many complaints were being brushed aside or met with forum bans.

People kept trying to tell me it "got so much better" after about 6 months, but that start had left such a bad taste in my mouth that I refused to go back. I mean, for the first two weeks you could barely even play the game because of the infamous "Error 37," which was Blizzard's way of saying "we're idiots who didn't think this game that people have been begging for for 6 years and requires you to connect to our servers to play would be popular, so we didn't have enough servers running to handle all the players despite the fact that we have years of experience with the world's most popular MMO under our belt and we knew that preorders numbered in the millions."

Is it obvious that I hold a grudge?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Grump drinks grapefruit juice.

12 hours ago, Unruly said:

Wait, is drinking grapefruit juice weird? Because I love the stuff. The less sweetened, the better.

Me too.

I didn’t even know sweetened grapefruit juice was a thing until I ordered some at some nasty* chain restaurant on a road trip and discovered I could taste the difference between fructose (or whatever natural sugars are in citrus fruit) and cane sugar. Yuck!

*The sort of place that smells of ground-in cigarette smoke regardless of local laws and when you order “brown rice” you discover it is white rice with brown gravy and the only point is to try to get something with a little nutrition and not too unhealthy to shore you up until you get to where you are going.

• Like 5

Morning all! Coffee is strong, eggs were runny, and toast was toasty. So far, so good. 

Now I've got 90 minutes till I've got to get to work, so I guess I should work on my CPA studying.

*sigh*

• Like 10