Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

My baby just punched herself in the face so hard she started crying. 

It was was so hard not to laugh while I tried to comfort her :wacko:

Welcome to parenting. If your sense of humour is anything like mine it'll be a common occurence. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

Morning all! Coffee is strong, eggs were runny, and toast was toasty. So far, so good. 

Now I've got 90 minutes till I've got to get to work, so I guess I should work on my CPA studying.

*sigh*

image.png.13b4cf79ffe27f5cadcc060ba252f1b8.png

She's joined Fight Club? :huh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

image.png.13b4cf79ffe27f5cadcc060ba252f1b8.png

She's joined Fight Club? :huh:

She’s not allowed to talk about it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Ah children,  great humor and great stories:   nothing like talking with a perspecive love intrest for them and starting the conversation with 'remember the time you...'  the number of colors a young teen can turn is impressive!  If that isn't sufficient, the phrase 'let me get those pictures'.  These phrases are guaranteed to give you new skin color ideas for your painting and find out what kind of really inventive excuses your children can come up with for ending the conversation and/or leaving the house.

Hopefully she will learn not to repeat the mistake quickly.  I hope for your sake she doesn't learn to use pain as a stimulus.  at 8 months old my older son discovered he could prevent himself from falling asleep by propping himself up on the crib and screaming.  when he fell asleep from exhaustion he would fall off the bars back into the crib and startle himself awake.  then he would start all over again.  This went on for way too long.

1 hour ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

This was for my wife's job.

My crisis management principles simplified:

<*snip*>

I ended up in the coordinator role last night because the equipment with issues wasn't mine, so I had the spare cycles to research, takes notes, etc.

I'm not sure how much more I'm allowed to say.

We're going to have to check up on the equipment tonight, tomorrow night, and maybe Monday night.  The joys of things breaking during an extended weekend.

Good luck to both of you.  My usual response to a crisis is to fix it.  Unfortunately this has given me a reputation of being able to fix any crisis. 

Its a questionable reputation...

• Haha 9

10 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Hopefully she will learn not to repeat the mistake quickly.  I hope for your sake she doesn't learn to use pain as a stimulus.  at 8 months old my older son discovered he could prevent himself from falling asleep by propping himself up on the crib and screaming.  when he fell asleep from exhaustion he would fall off the bars back into the crib and startle himself awake.  then he would start all over again.  This went on for way too long.

I don't think she will. At least not this pain. She was just flailing around, like newborns do, and WHAM! Right in the eye. 

Of course, that's something I do to myself occasionally. And I don't have the excuse of being a newborn with little/no control over my limbs. :rolleyes: 

It's fun to see the traits she's getting from my hubby and myself manifesting in her. She's doomed!

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, FaekiasDracon said:

She’s not allowed to talk about it. 

It's going to get real weird in a few months, though. Just wait until she figures out that she's Tyler Durden...

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Pingo said:

Went round and put this through the mail slots of our ten nearest neighbors:

The tree is approximately twenty feet in circumference at the base. Migratory birds love stopping here. We’ll be  very sorry to see it go.

As someone who's witnessed large trees fall over multiple times, hopefully your neighbors appreciate your effort to have their houses not flattened.  We've been VERY LUCKY that the three major trees that fell adjacent to us all managed to fall so has to do the least amount of damage physically possible.  Only one house got any damage and it was to the garage.  I mean, I love trees, but you have to also ensure they're safe.  

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I don't know whether to laugh or cheer...  Sounds like one way or another she's going to get toughened up.  :;): 

• Like 11

I don't think she will. At least not this pain. She was just flailing around, like newborns do, and WHAM! Right in the eye. 

Of course, that's something I do to myself occasionally. And I don't have the excuse of being a newborn with little/no control over my limbs. :rolleyes: 

It's fun to see the traits she's getting from my hubby and myself manifesting in her. She's doomed!

All kids are doomed.  its part of the fun of being a parent.  The trick is to get them to make new mistakes rather than repeat your own.

• Like 11

having a really good day. went to an auction, sold off a giant pile of bits and terrain that I don't have space for.

• Like 10

So there's a game out now, that's free to play, called Dauntless. It's basically a dumbed down Monster Hunter clone. Which is good, because Monster Hunter can be stupid with some of its complexity. But the really awesome part? It's got cross platform play between all 3 major systems! Xbone, ps4, and PC players can all play together! And when the Switch version is released, it'll be added into the mix as well.

So, anyone here like killing monsters and making stuff with their parts?

Only bad thing right now is that the servers are a bit overloaded. It took me about half an hour in the queue to log in today. And it's still a little buggy, but nothing major that I've seen so far.

• Like 8

On 5/24/2019 at 3:32 PM, redambrosia said:

Turns out my baby is a grumpy, fussy baby. Cries a whole lot for no decernable reason, wants to be held constantly, and always has a grumpy face on. 

I don't know where she gets it from; according to our moms we were both easy babies ( my mom was even able to bring me to classes with her). 

She just started crying again. :mellow:

If you're bottlefeeding I got nothing.

But if you're not... have you tried beer? No, seriously. And not just for the fact that drinking beer will make you feel better. My sister had some fairly major problems as a baby until my mother went crying to this old guy OB and he recommended she drink beer. There are some micronutrients that are difficult to find outside of brewer's yeast that help both you and the baby. Variety in your diet helps Lil'Red as much as it helps you.

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

—I have only ever seen Orange Crush.

—Thursday I had a chance to meet a wrong way driver. Happily, I managed to miss the opportunity.  

—I picked up groceries from a WalMart later that same day. There were no batmobiles or bumblebees doing the same thing (as in the Telly commercial). However, the building along the North edge of the property was burning down. 

BD0E455F-C06D-492E-9165-D7D070D5F7D4.thumb.jpeg.09e6afc01c3743c720d4f10010ee4bdd.jpeg

WalMart carried on selling goods and groceries without missing a beat. 

—On the way back with my groceries I spotted two of these:

mormon.jpg

I incorrectly thought they were eco-friendly Jehovah’s Witnesses but I have been informed they were most likely Mormon Missionaries. The ones I spotted even had the black name tags. 

Strange Thursday

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Megan really doesn't like grape fruit. Not even ruby red.

I am being punished for ordering the new Fire without telling her... By being forced to take her to the beach. ::P:

The Auld Grump - a punishment I can live with. ::):

It is especially vile when you think it is pink lemonade. :zombie:

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, TGP said:

mormon.jpg

I incorrectly thought they were eco-friendly Jehovah’s Witnesses but I have been informed they were most likely Mormon Missionaries. The ones I spotted even had the black name tags. 

Most of the time when you see them dressed like that they're going to be Mormons. Usually when Jehova's Witnesses go proselytizing they're in a full suit or at least have a blazer that goes with their outfit. At least from my experience. But I understand that in my area the Mormons outnumber the Jehova's Witnesses by a fair margin, and I've had a lot more dealings with the Mormons because of it.

But the name tags are always a dead giveaway that they're Mormons. One of them will be "Elder <insert first name here>," while the other will be "Brother <insert first name here>." I've never seen them send any of the ladies out proselytizing, but I assume it would be the same except for substituting sister for brother if they did. I don't think I've ever seen Jehova's Witnesses with name tags like that.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 8