Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Liver?

Yes, but not cooked. I only eat it cooked in slices on bread.

For dinner?

Fry it with onions, mushrooms and some bacon cubes.

Or wrap it in bacon and fry it..

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

So YouTube informs me.

Excellent video. It's fun to learn some of the dark magic of color mixing. Do you endorse any pigment mixing books for beginners?

Thank you.

The last I saw, Blue and Yellow Don’t Make Green remains a classic.

I’m planning to go more into color mixing over time, not just specific blends but how to think about it and ways to approach it. You may have noticed I made a point of showing the color mixing and talking a little but about how I was doing it and thinking about it.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I've gone hiking in Hawaii. (Lived there for a year.) I guarantee that you can get lost, especially if you're injured and can't move. Many places the ground is vertical and covered in rainforest. (You wouldn't think that a rainforest could grow on vertical terrain, I bet. :rolleyes:)

Between the ridges and the trees, you can't really be heard calling out for help unless the rescuer is very close.

Yeah. I could see it being pretty easy to get stuck on those islands. Would be better to get stuck on the Big Island lava fields - then you'll be spotable from a helicopter! 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Should we tell the sparkly canine that a lot of us won’t be working today? Or should we let him bask in his “almost done”?

Ah unno, I'm a delivery driver, is that actually work? I spend most of "work" driving around and talking to people :p

2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I've gone hiking in Hawaii. (Lived there for a year.) I guarantee that you can get lost, especially if you're injured and can't move. Many places the ground is vertical and covered in rainforest. (You wouldn't think that a rainforest could grow on vertical terrain, I bet. :rolleyes:)

Between the ridges and the trees, you can't really be heard calling out for help unless the rescuer is very close.

I've seen the trees on Vancouver Island as well as in New Zealand.  Scary what trees can do on sheer surfaces...  Neat, but also arguably scary. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Coffee is a lovely way to start the day. 

...Doubly so when you rolled over after turning off the alarm and a full hour magically disappears... 

*waits until @WhiteWulfe closes his eyes, secretly uses chronomancy to shift him forward in time by an hour*

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*waits until @WhiteWulfe closes his eyes, secretly uses chronomancy to shift him forward in time by an hour*

Ah, so that's why the bear trap was missing this morning. 

Don't worry, it was made out of gummy candy, so it doesn't hurt when it snaps shut. 

Well, until @Darsc Zacalor @Glitterwolf catch wind that it's actually made of salted licorice... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 2

Oh great, just got a tornado warning.

Welp.

{Six minutes later merged post}:

The sirens went off just after I posted.

We’re in the basement now.

I did take a moment to run t the house next door. It’s being rented by grad students from out of town and they didn’t know what the sirens meant.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 6
  • Sad 10

2 hours ago, klarg1 said:

Personally, I do not care for the taste of liver, but greatly enjoy a good liverwurst, perhaps spread on fresh, dark bread.

A dense rye bread is my favorite for that. The problem is that I can no longer buy my favorite rye bread anymore. It was a Bavarian rye(Heidemann's Bavarian Rye), and not a fluffy bread. It wasn't a pure rye, so it wasn't as crumbly as pure rye breads(black breads) can be, but it wasn't fully raised and soft, like American pumpernickel or Jewish rye(which is mostly wheat flour), either. Only one store around here carried it, it was only stocked by the vendor every 2 to 3 weeks, and if you didn't get to it within the first couple days of it being stocked they would be sold out. And then for some reason they stopped stocking it. They had previously stopped stocking it once before, but that was due to a supply issue rather than a store inventory change. This time it's been gone for over 2 years, and when it first went away I asked the employees when it would be in stock and they said they stopped carrying it. I've been waiting for them to change their mind ever since, but it hasn't happened.

I wanted to learn to make my own, but I don't want to hand knead a rye bread and I don't have a stand mixer. And from what I read at the time, rye breads need a more powerful mixer than white breads do. Apparently they have a habit of burning out the motors of cheaper ones because of how hard they can be to mix/knead.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

"Tornadic activity" is what the weather forecaster called it. We have heavy hail and suspiciously rotating cloud formations. No "signature S shape" yet.

We're supposed to stay in the basement another ten minutes.

Having internet and devices makes such a difference on the old days when it was us and a short wave radio.

• Like 17

20 hours ago, Crowley said:

Okay, time to go get my bride from the airport!

Ordered a new one from Russia or retrieving the existing one?

Edited by eldamir
  • Haha 11

It's been downgraded to a Tornado Watch and a Severe Thunderstorm Warning. We're gonna head upstairs.

• Like 15

Some Flash Flood Warning. Had to go bale out the maple seeds from the drain back of the house. But basically we’re okay. Sorry for the folks who got really clobbered.

{Two minutes later}

The sky! It is light!

• Like 12

A vicious predator stalks his territory.

032D8092-22CF-4431-953C-3CF86DC764FB.jpeg

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 14

Ah, weather. I refuse to shelter unless I can see the tornado. Don't know if it's laziness or a death wish or maybe just my crippling arachnophobia, but I ain't goin' underground if I can help it.

Big Memorial Day weekend 'round here. Well, not really. But I mowed some grass and watered some tomatoes, and the Wigleaf Top 50 dropped, which is a year's-best list for flash fiction, and I inexplicably have two (2) stories on it. Kind of a big deal in a tiny part of the make-believe online writing world. Not like getting in BASS or anything but pretty dang cool. My first such honor, so I'm putting in overtime enjoying it. Ta-da.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2