Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

8 minutes ago, Mehman said:

Apparently I'm called a "Hybrid" diabetic. I have a very confusing body...

Gosh. Biology is confusing enough and you're extra confusing!? You have my sympathies :wacko: 

I did Responsibilities today. Half of which included seeing my money go away. Le sigh.

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

5 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I think I've finally found my Hallelujah!

I've been waiting for this moment!

It WORKS!

I take back all the mean things I said about the new Fire. Just getting rid of the suggestions sped things up a hundred percent!

I'm enjoying my Fire again! ::D:

I had thongs instead of things, almost left it because funny. ::P:

The FIRST thing I will do with the new Fire is rip autocorrect OUT!

You're planning to kill off a bunch of the NPCs, aren't you?

Starting with the ones the party LIKES. <_<

I bought a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard for my Fire and it has Mad life with it so much more bearable when I have to type. It also helps with my phone when I’m at home (I don’t carry the keyboard around with me and the Fire stays at home most of the time). 

Edit it to add: you can tell I’m not using my keyboard at the moment by the typo, the keyboard has made life more bearable, not Mad life. 

Edited by FaekiasDracon
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Unconnected to bunnies or swans... I won a sketch from the creator of Everyday Heroes by remembering my long ago Latin classes. ::P:

http://eheroes.smackjeeves.com/

By the way, trying to create links using the combination of these forums and the Fire... Does not work all that well.

The Auld Grump - trying to be careful of my language... Brigid is turning into a word sponge And not always words we want her to soak up.

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

27 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I did Responsibilities today. Half of which included seeing my money go away. Le sigh.

It's on the stuff that's catalogue under "why being an adult sucks" isn't it (aka "responsible adult things" like paying bills) 

I miss when it was all "Yaaaaaaay, I spent money!" then impatiently waited for CanadaPost, FedEx, or UPS to card your door... But it was a box of shiny stuff!  there's a reason I buy my computer parts locally, and it isn't just the really good prices - waiting for my order from ShopRBC 14ish years ago, and waiting a WHOLE THREE DAYS for shiny to arrive was almost unbearable!

...That same reason is slowly starting to creep in for CAV III, and it doesn't ship for a few more months.  No wonder people get into a bunch of Kickstarters, that way you're distracted by packages coming in every now and then! 

• Like 9

Contrary to popular belief, I have not been abducted by aliens, ghouls, or irrate townsfolk. Between unexpected curveballs thrown by life and the escalation of the Lawn War, I've just been too distracted to get much hobbying done and far too on edge to be pleasant company so I exiled myself for a bit. My last comment awhile back was a very ill concieved attempt at humor and when that was pointed out it was a wake up call that there were some things that I needed to get sorted out before I felt comfortable returning. I was over the line and my apologies to those who were affected. 

On a more positive note, I've managed to get a decent start on my 1:1 scale Pumpkin Patch terrain. The Big Moon and half the Jack O'Lantern seedlings are robust enough to plant, once I get the rest of the sod ripped out from the new garden location. The other half of the Jack O'Lantern, Jack B Littles, and sweet corn seedlings just sprouted and should be ready in a week or so. 

The majority of the woody Chaos weeds along the fence have been destroyed, a shady sitting area beneath the backyard pines has been cleared out, and archeological diggings have uncovered the back shed. I've also learned that ripping out the grass summons rather nasty thunderstorms. Two hours after I started we had a vicious system roll through that tore up the North side of town a bit and brought down part of the local Menards roof. Everything South of the river was untouched by the winds, leading me to conclude that the Great Pumpkin extended his protection to us as a sign of approval for the fact his people shall soon have a new home. 

• Like 18

I had a tooth pulled this week. They gave me two pain meds. Still hurts. 

So far the Tylenol3 has been useless, but the Ibuprofen seems to work after about an hour or so. I have been alternating them. (The dosing schedule they printed on the bottles has one at six hour intervals and the other at eight hour intervals. Way too confusing to keep up with in practice.)

Is it a thing to be completely immune to a substance?  

The tylenol 3 is a tiny amount of codeine plus more acetominofren combined in each pill and it just doesn’t have much effect. :zombie:

• Sad 10

9 minutes ago, TGP said:

So far the Tylenol3 has been useless, but the Ibuprofen seems to work after about an hour or so. I have been alternating them. (The dosing schedule they printed on the bottles has one at six hour intervals and the other at eight hour intervals. Way too confusing to keep up with in practice.)

The tylenol 3 is a tiny amount of codeine plus more acetominofren combined in each pill and it just doesn’t have much effect. :zombie:

Call the dentists office and explain to them that the Tylenol #3 is about as effective as sugar pills and would they please prescribe something actually effective such as 5mg hydrocodone.

Be advised, this is asprin with hydrocodone and should not be taken on a regular basis because it has addictive properties for some people.

I've been using this strength on an irregular basis ever since my "accident" as the last resort before "the red pill" for migraine that will usually put me into a state where the best thing to do is just go lie down for about 3 hours.

Many times the hydrocodone will break the migraine cycle before I have to resort to the $5+ a dose migraine capsules.

GEM

• Like 8

On 5/29/2019 at 4:37 PM, NebulousMissy said:
On 5/29/2019 at 2:22 PM, Green Eyed Monster said:

Some of our English correspondents might actually have an answer to that question.

Seems they are often, quite literally, digging up archaeological remnants when new construction projects are started in areas that have been settled for many  hundreds of years.

GEM

A guy in my gaming group used to do that here in Pennsylvania.

In Los Angeles there's also something similar but it's not 'archaeology', it's 'random ice age animals preserved in tar'.

In both cases there's a dude who stands around during breaking ground. The construction company hopes (and sometimes bribes to ensure) there's nothing found. Because if there is something found construction stops while it's all dealt with and the company begins losing piles of money every day. Artifacts/fossils/bones/etc are carefully and quickly cataloged and carted away then construction resumes.

I hear that's the reason the Rome Underground is taking so long to build...

• Like 5

On 5/30/2019 at 3:13 AM, Morihalda said:

Packing is taking up a lot of time! It doesn't help that sometimes my knees or hips decide they want to be on fire. :rolleyes:

I've been feeling blegh about it all but my love took us out on a date last night. That helped a ton! 

We move in 2 weeks!!! AHH

2 days until SWMBO moves into our new house with me. We're having her family and someone else over tonight for dinner...

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TGP said:

It is totally a thing to be immune to a substance. Acetaminophen won't do a damned thing for me either. I've gotten close to OD and found it makes my hands numb without touching the actual pain. I no longer take it willingly. I'd rather spend my liver damage on something worth it :devil:

Ibuprofen was originally FDA approved as a prescription drug for dental pain. It's better than almost anything else on the market for tooth pain. And you can take it in fistfuls for the short/medium term with only minor damage. The most I've done was 800mg every 4 hours for that type of severe pain where you end up with holes in your memory. It worked better than hydrocodone 5/500. Easier to get, too :ph34r:

• Like 10

9 hours ago, TGP said:

:upside: 

There is yet another Godzilla movie? 

:ik_oops:

Much like Jello, there's always room for another Godzilla movie. ::D:

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I hate those kind of responsibilities. I'll be doing some of that this weekend.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Ibuprofen was originally FDA approved as a prescription drug for dental pain. It's better than almost anything else on the market for tooth pain. And you can take it in fistfuls for the short/medium term with only minor damage. The most I've done was 800mg every 4 hours for that type of severe pain where you end up with holes in your memory. It worked better than hydrocodone 5/500. Easier to get, too :ph34r:

Lightweight!! Army docs would routinely prescribe 2x800mg ibuprofen "as needed" for nearly any pain..

It's jokingly referred to as Ranger Candy

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, eldamir said:

Lightweight!! Army docs would routinely prescribe 2x800mg ibuprofen "as needed" for nearly any pain..

It's jokingly referred to as Ranger Candy

Navy too.   Our running joke was that they'd prescribe it for everything up to and including death.  Hangnail? Yep.  Amputated limb? Yep.  Dead for 2 weeks? Yep. 

I remember the first time my wife saw me take 3x200mg and freak out about me taking too much.  She finally calmed down when I explained that 1600mg was a regular military dosage, and that I never took that much - I found that a single 800mg usually worked for me back then, and later on found that for me it usually works best at 400mg or 600mg.

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Navy too.   Our running joke was that they'd prescribe it for everything up to and including death.  Hangnail? Yep.  Amputated limb? Yep.  Dead for 2 weeks? Yep. 

I remember the first time my wife saw me take 3x200mg and freak out about me taking too much.  She finally calmed down when I explained that 1600mg was a regular military dosage, and that I never took that much - I found that a single 800mg usually worked for me back then, and later on found that for me it usually works best at 400mg or 600mg.

When I was young and stupid (as opposed to now when only one of those is true!), I was guilty of taking as much as 3200mg in a day for months on end .. I had knee issues that active military life was exacerbating and the only solution was 1) pain management or 2) surgery.. The surgical solution was  only 60% effective, with nearly half of the 'failures' requiring hard braces in perpetuity.. I opted for loads and loads of Ibuprofen instead.. 

Once I left active duty, things gradually cleared up and now I can run relatively long distances once more without too many issues.

• Like 10