Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

6 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I need my friends right now....Mr. Mouse broke up with me today.

So sorry. I hope your holding up. Break ups can be bad but there is always a fresh start hiding somewhere amongst those grey clouds.

squirrels_hugging-1548281440-1003.jpg?wi

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

I'll second the storage unit idea, at least for a little while.

I admit I'm confused why you can't take it with you.  I can understand not having a long-term storage place for it but I feel like short-term storage should be manageable.

I admit to being curious.  It fit under the bed, is there a reason they cant be scooped into a couple of boxes and sorted later?  Worst case you have to have a puzzle night to put them back together and then repaint them.  Every piece I've painted I know on sight, I would hate to give a mass of them up unless the need was dire.

There are always circumstances that make it more complex to you than to those outside the problem so sometimes it helps to let someone not associated with the problem give it a go.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

So.. if anyone needs a good kick in their nostalgia, Steam has most of the Commander Keen series available for a grand total of ninety cents. This is a sale. grab while the grab is good.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

So.. if anyone needs a good kick in their nostalgia, Steam has most of the Commander Keen series available for a grand total of ninety cents. This is a sale. grab while the grab is good.

Ooooh, that there is a definite good amount of nostalgia to say the least... 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Everyone, thanks for the support. It means so much to me. You guys are the best.

You have a lot of forum friends here.

Talk if you feel like it, don't be shy, I'm sure others have probably already offered, but you can always PM to talk if needed.

Break ups /divorces are hard.

I have had one divorce and several break ups before I met my girl.

It sounds cliche and cheesy but there is truth in the saying, One door closes another one opens.

Take your time to get yourself together.

Talk to people.

When things settle down try to evaluate where things went wrong and learn from it.

Sometimes we can change things, sometimes we need to see the red flags in others.

From my past relationships I have learned one thing.

Don't cross your own boundaries and don't give up too much either.

I have defined three zones when it comes to a relationship.

Maybe this is useful for those out there who are searching for someone.

Red Zone - Something I DO NOT WANT in a partner. ( dealbreaker)

Green Zone - Something I NEED in a partner. ( Must have)

Grey Zone - Here we can compromise.

The trick is that in the past I tried to compromise about stuff that was in the Red Zone or gave up when it was in my Green Zone.

That doesn't work.

For example.

Smoking is in my Red Zone , even when she's the hottest woman around, if she smokes I know it will be something I can't live with. So when a potential partner would smoke, I don't even try anymore.

Green Zone, We need to have a connection about the important views in life, we need to comfortable around each other, if not, don't go there and give up your own views.

Grey Zone, so she has a different taste in music? Who cares..we can figure that out.

These are just examples.

It took me a few year to realise I wasn't true to myself and tried to "change" someone, or let me get "changed" as long as it concerns minor stuff that's okay, but too much will destroy a relationship.

Sorry if I talked too much here, I hope people might be able to make sense of it.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 22

I'm up WAY too early for a Monday. But it's needed to drop off half the family at the airport for their trip. Then starts five weeks of my son and I living the bachelor life until they come home.

Gonna be rough.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

An unfortunate reality of moving.

We found all the minis stuffed under the bed. We can't take them with us because storage, timing, and wants. We can't get them to anyone because timing, how they're stored, and the fact that they're all mixed together in a pile of decade-old plastic baggies.

The DUST Tactics minis have no real street value. The Warmachine minis are as old as Warmachine itself. The Flames of War minis are all tossed into a plastic bag with no organization of army, type, or model.

It's a mess. And it's a mess we can't take with us.

Forgive me if I'm being dense, but if it fits under the bed now, why won't it fit under the bed in the new place?

In any case, I hope you can come up with a good solution.

I also wish you a quick, easy, and stress free move.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Deepest sympathy. Keep talking to us all. 

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Ah heck, I'm so sorry to hear this  *sends hugs*

• Like 7

@Paradoxical Mouse So sorry. We are here. *sends hugs*

So last night one of our cats caught a mouse. Husband eventually got it away from her and put it outside. It is gone so either it got away or something else ate it. Then NOT EVEN TEN MINUTES LATER she caught another one. I am elfed off beyond all belief right now. Once we get unpacked someone is paying for an exterminator because I am not living with mice.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7

39 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Sing along with me...

When I woke up, it was a coffee morning

... I don't have any more lyrics for this yet.

When I woke up, it was a coffee morning...

Then I wised up and made bacon and coffee...

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

So last night one of our cats caught a mouse. Husband eventually got it away from her and put it outside. It is gone so either it got away or something else ate it. Then NOT EVEN TEN MINUTES LATER she caught another one. I am elfed off beyond all belief right now. Once we get unpacked someone is paying for an exterminator because I am not living with mice.

Friends of ours have mice occasionally, generally in spring and fall.  A good exterminator will help you find how the mice are getting into the house, which is a crucial step.  They also live right by a bit of a greenbelt, which probably contributes.  You might also want to talk to your neighbors, they probably have useful advice.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2