Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

27 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

So last night one of our cats caught a mouse. Husband eventually got it away from her and put it outside. It is gone so either it got away or something else ate it. Then NOT EVEN TEN MINUTES LATER she caught another one. I am elfed off beyond all belief right now. Once we get unpacked someone is paying for an exterminator because I am not living with mice.

It seems to me that if you give a cat a treat right after taking a mouse away from them, your problem will sort itself out, and for a lot cheaper than otherwise.

...I'll admit that the modern approach might be called for if you prefer an immediate solution.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Friends of ours have mice occasionally, generally in spring and fall.  A good exterminator will help you find how the mice are getting into the house, which is a crucial step.  They also live right by a bit of a greenbelt, which probably contributes.  You might also want to talk to your neighbors, they probably have useful advice.  

We are out in a (very) rural area so I expect to see some mice. But not 3 in one weekend let alone 2 in 1 day. And I'm pretty sure they're in the kitchen under the dishwasher since that's where the cats are seeming to hang around. That is the last place I want them.

• Like 8

You face the morning cold...

You need a caffeine rise.

You brew a cup that's bold,

You've got Marty Feldman Eyes!

Well, the Five Man Band has put in their requisitions for expendable magic items for tonight's game - a nice mix, with the wizard getting a magic wand of sleep with twelve charges remaining. (I gave them a list and a budget - a lot of the money went into potions. Anything they don't use goes back into stores.)

And they did realize that if there is a cliff, then there is both a top and a bottom. (I suspect that the Fearsome Foursome spilled the beans - and I am okay with this.)

Fighter, cleric, and five men down below. Wizard and rogue up top - they plan to open negotiations with the wand of Sleep spells. (Shoot first, ask questions later.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 8

Marie, most dishwashers and sinks have gaps in the openings for water and drain lines. Get some expanding foam and fill those areas. Get some good old Victor mouse traps and fill them with peanut butter. In about a week, between them and the cats, you should be good.

Mouse, you are a treasured part of this place, you will find the right one. Glitter had some really good advice.

Grump, now I have that song Bette Davis Eyes in my head.... you WILL pay for this!

And I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee...

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

So.. if anyone needs a good kick in their nostalgia, Steam has most of the Commander Keen series available for a grand total of ninety cents. This is a sale. grab while the grab is good.

:bday:

*runs over to buy it*

:wub:  ^_^

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

28 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Marie, most dishwashers and sinks have gaps in the openings for water and drain lines. Get some expanding foam and fill those areas. Get some good old Victor mouse traps and fill them with peanut butter. In about a week, between them and the cats, you should be good.

Mouse, you are a treasured part of this place, you will find the right one. Glitter had some really good advice.

Grump, now I have that song Bette Davis Eyes in my head.... you WILL pay for this!

And I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee...

The person singing in the video I linked was in my very first D&D game, back in the seventies. ::P: (It made watching Funniest Home Videos... strange.... ::D: )

He was a disk jockey for WHEB back then.

The Auld Grump - back when disk jockeys were live, not prerecorded.

• Like 7

A student just explained to me how he has his tv set up. I want to go to his house and unplug everything before he starts a fire.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The Auld Grump - back when disk jockeys were live, not prerecorded.

If it's any consolation, some of us still very much so believe in live mixing ^_^

Much easier to flow with the Vive of a room that way. 

Oh, and you don't repeat Red Bull Championship scandals....  That one was sad, since the guy practiced the motions sooo much, most who analyzed the footage figured he would've been able to do it all live, and have it be even better than the studio mix he was operating on... 

DMC Championships are still very much so live too. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

@Paradoxical Mouse So sorry. We are here. *sends hugs*

So last night one of our cats caught a mouse. Husband eventually got it away from her and put it outside. It is gone so either it got away or something else ate it. Then NOT EVEN TEN MINUTES LATER she caught another one. I am elfed off beyond all belief right now. Once we get unpacked someone is paying for an exterminator because I am not living with mice.

Your cat is an exterminator, just give it time.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Forgive me if I'm being dense, but if it fits under the bed now, why won't it fit under the bed in the new place?

In any case, I hope you can come up with a good solution.

I also wish you a quick, easy, and stress free move.

Because this is about half of it.

Stuff.png.9bcfb08b71784fd0520cba4c5c746599.png

Aside from the license plates (acquired off the sides of various roads :devil: ) and the pointlessly large packaging for two Star Wars action figures that's all minis. And the boxes under the coffee table. And the bin in front not in the picture. And the boxes behind.

Personally I think my partner's been looking for an excuse to get rid of minis that haven't been touched/unwrapped/looked at/looked for/appreciated in ten years.

That and our new place is sorely lacking in closet space (a whole 3 closets, less than 9 square feet each, and now we own cold weather gear).

I've been picking through the pile for bits I'm saving. You know, I found a half dozen wings just sitting there in a pile? Mine now. Never know when you need to add wings to something.

• Like 14

21 hours ago, Corsair said:

All of these ship-building posts have got me thinking of the kickstarter listed here with 3D printed sailing ships. Now you can get a good 3D printer for under $200. It would probably cost another $30 in filament to print one and then it would almost have paid for it's own cost.

:mellow: i try really hard not to think things like this... 

its dangerous!

21 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I need my friends right now....Mr. Mouse broke up with me today.

*hugs from one rodent to another*

3 hours ago, TGP said:

When I woke up, it was a coffee morning...

Then I wised up and made bacon and coffee...

Bread is in the toaster, 

Eggs frying in the pan

Things are lookin up

Though its Monday again...

Oh its a coffee morning

But then ain't they all?

Oh its a coffee morning

Without it I might fall.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

:bday:

*runs over to buy it*