Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

8 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I don't know if it's the one you're using, but I've had some success buying and selling on Bartertown dot com.

Any chance of your local gaming place selling it on consignment for you?

Bartertown has allowed us to offload much of the GW stuff. Partner's been trading there since the early 2000s.

A donation to the FLGS might be more likely. Unfortunately there don't seem to be many/any local WW2 players. Or Weird War-type players. Too much Star Wars distracting the local players ::P:

Such a donation would wait until the last day before we move. Maybe the day we move. Any minis that can be found homes before then will be shipped off before then with vast appreciation.

• Like 10

On Saturday after PoGo community day stuff, Sir Cyr said that another of his coworkers wanted to play D&D. Our group wizard (another geo person on campus with me) had run a 1-shot for him and his girlfriend (she's in my entering year here as a grad student), and he loved it. 

I happened to have a character that I'd be introducing as a temp NPC for them to fling about for an adventure, as soon as they were done the current one. They left the last session staying in a tavern to rest. So I had a character pretty much ready to go, offered it to the newcomer, and he loved the idea. He's taking the character and has story ready to go built in. Just tweaking a bit so instead of just DW melee ranger, he has a splash of barbarian in there. 

Now we need to buy more chairs, or the guy playing the halfling gets to sit on the floor. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

Now we need to buy more chairs, or the guy playing the halfling gets to sit on the floor.

That would put his head at the right height to be a halfling :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

Aw, man. It's gray and rainy outside. That is perfect weather to roll over and go back to sleep. Anybody ever called in to work with a case of the rainy days?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Aw, man. It's gray and rainy outside. That is perfect weather to roll over and go back to sleep. Anybody ever called in to work with a case of the rainy days?

Go outside, call in and say you're feeling a tad under the water...you're not lying..

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I haven't, but I once worked in an office where literally everyone else called out for the day. About a dozen people. :upside:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Stumbles bleary eyed into thread.

Lordy, what a week this has been.

Do I hear people singing coffee blues?

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I've shown up in the office when about 1/3 of the people were out. Then I remembered it was the start of ski season and A-basin had two feet of fresh powder on a Wednesday.

I can't start taking rainy days off. I fear I'd just decide to stop going in at all for any excuse and that's bad for finances, marriage, and college funds.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 10

21 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Stumbles bleary eyed into thread.

Lordy, what a week this has been.

Do I hear people singing coffee blues?

Morning blues

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Con crud, two weeks and still here.  It's the souvenir that just won't go away!

On the shinier side of things, I'm going on vacation Thursday up to Minneapolis for 4th Street Fantasy Convention, a fantasy and sci-fi writing convention.  My wife enjoyed going last year so we're going this year.   And by the time the shadow of dental work and house repairs moved in, we'd already paid for plane tickets and registration.

I'm not sure if I'll bring mini painting stuff with me.  We'll see if there's room in the suitcase.  (Last year, we flew up with a suitcase half empty.  It was filled with books on the way back.)

Last year, I skipped out on Saturday morning to visit Source Comics & Games (and was a little disappointed -- they had a large assortment of Dark Sword minis but had no Reaper or Battletech metal minis) and Fallout Shelter Arcade (BattleTech pods!).  This year, I may not disappear since I'm interested in most of the panels.  We'll see.

• Like 9

In 16 minutes I walk out of the office and begin a short vacation which includes 5 days of gaming at Origins Game Fair. I think it's our 7th year going. Very excited!

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

In 16 minutes I walk out of the office and begin a short vacation which includes 5 days of gaming at Origins Game Fair. I think it's our 7th year going. Very excited!

Awesome, have a great time!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

If people in Seattle called in sick for rain no one would work all winter.  We save our sick days for when it snows.  :poke:

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

Welp, the tree guys are here with two gigantic cranes and an entire woodchipper truck to deal with the humongous silver maple in our back yard.

They look reassuringly professional.

• Like 15