Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Well, can't make that go away. Sorry Cw.

They're renovating the break room at work this week. With luck its only this week...

Can I go back to bed? Ugh... Need more sleep. And lots more coffee.

• Like 9

The trunk is seven or eight feet across at the base, with four main trunks (when we moved in the inspector shook his head and said three of them should have been removed sometime before the Korean War), and some rot in one of the ones menacing leaning towards several neighbors’ townhouses.

Ah, the chainsaws are beginning to rev.

One minute later, expecting posts to merge.

... Okay, I shouldn’t have looked outside for that. :blink:

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

31 minutes ago, Pingo said:

The trunk is seven or eight feet across at the base, with four main trunks (when we moved in the inspector shook his head and said three of them should have been removed sometime before the Korean War), and some rot in one of the ones menacing leaning towards several neighbors’ townhouses.

Ah, the chainsaws are beginning to rev.

One minute later, expecting posts to merge.

... Okay, I shouldn’t have looked outside for that. :blink:

No pictures? Sounds exciting...

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Crowley said:

No pictures? Sounds exciting...

I’ve got some pictures, yeah, but I don’t want to get in these guys’ way. I really don’t want to distract them.

They’re fast. One trunk is almost all down.

• Like 13

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

That would put his head at the right height to be a halfling :rolleyes:

He actually did that for a session. It was hilarious. Well, he sat on a couch cushion on the floor. Not the most comfy for a few hour long game though. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Con crud, two weeks and still here.  It's the souvenir that just won't go away!

On the shinier side of things, I'm going on vacation Thursday up to Minneapolis for 4th Street Fantasy Convention, a fantasy and sci-fi writing convention.  My wife enjoyed going last year so we're going this year.   And by the time the shadow of dental work and house repairs moved in, we'd already paid for plane tickets and registration.

I'm not sure if I'll bring mini painting stuff with me.  We'll see if there's room in the suitcase.  (Last year, we flew up with a suitcase half empty.  It was filled with books on the way back.)

Last year, I skipped out on Saturday morning to visit Source Comics & Games (and was a little disappointed -- they had a large assortment of Dark Sword minis but had no Reaper or Battletech metal minis) and Fallout Shelter Arcade (BattleTech pods!).  This year, I may not disappear since I'm interested in most of the panels.  We'll see.

That sounds... interesting.  I am visiting family in Minneapolis this week and may have to see if I can stop by and see what there is to see (see? ::D:)  Its an attempt to bring some of my wife's family back together.  it could go well, or very badly.  an Escape may be in order.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

I’ve got some pictures, yeah, but I don’t want to get in these guys’ way. I really don’t want to distract them.

They’re fast. One trunk is almost all down.

image.png.4c61f7dc4916d1ce6377a730cc379b86.png

• Haha 13
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Con crud, two weeks and still here.  It's the souvenir that just won't go away!

On the shinier side of things, I'm going on vacation Thursday up to Minneapolis for 4th Street Fantasy Convention, a fantasy and sci-fi writing convention.  My wife enjoyed going last year so we're going this year.   And by the time the shadow of dental work and house repairs moved in, we'd already paid for plane tickets and registration.

I'm not sure if I'll bring mini painting stuff with me.  We'll see if there's room in the suitcase.  (Last year, we flew up with a suitcase half empty.  It was filled with books on the way back.)

Last year, I skipped out on Saturday morning to visit Source Comics & Games (and was a little disappointed -- they had a large assortment of Dark Sword minis but had no Reaper or Battletech metal minis) and Fallout Shelter Arcade (BattleTech pods!).  This year, I may not disappear since I'm interested in most of the panels.  We'll see.

If you do the battletech pods, see if you can get them to set it for X1 frenzy (old armor mode, arena map, all players get a brigand x1, respawn on)

it ends up being like a crazy giant robot joust. making attack passes and trying to hit the CT, has just enough damage to one hit kill if you hit center with all weapons, and heats you up enough that you cannot do multiple shots in rapid succession, so if you miss you need to swing wide until you cool enough for another pass.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

If you do the battletech pods, see if you can get them to set it for X1 frenzy (old armor mode, arena map, all players get a brigand x1, respawn on)

it ends up being like a crazy giant robot joust. making attack passes and trying to hit the CT, has just enough damage to one hit kill if you hit center with all weapons, and heats you up enough that you cannot do multiple shots in rapid succession, so if you miss you need to swing wide until you cool enough for another pass.

That sounds like fun.  I only had about an hour last year.  I'd probably only have an hour this year if I went.

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

That sounds... interesting.  I am visiting family in Minneapolis this week and may have to see if I can stop by and see what there is to see (see? ::D:)

There won't be a whole lot to see.  It's really a bunch of aspiring writers and storytellers listening to other writers and storytellers.  It's fascinating but not visually interesting.

I used to have family in Minneapolis.  I'm sure I still have some distant relations living there but no one I've talked to in at least twenty years, if ever.

• Like 7

I had a great night at game night last night. First off I had a meeting with the new GM coordinator & it went well. Even thou I didn't get the spot, which I don't mind really, good to see the person that I wanted to get it, get it. We discussed how things were going to go & found out the new system of how rpgs will be handled/ran at the store will start up in July. That gives me ample time to gather for Ghost of Saltmarsh. On the other hand it gives me more then enough time to contemplate buying the GoS  silver edition by Beadle & Grimm's. :rock:

AL night went good as well. Currently they are under the City of the Dead in Waterdeep in a dungeon/tomb complex. They encountered a ghost girl who was looking for her sister. Thou, the twist was she was afraid of rats & the passageway she couldn't go down was filled with rat swarms. (fellow adventurers that were ambushed by someone else in the dungeon). The party found her sister, who in turns was a wererat. She just told the adventurers to say she was dead vs telling her she had been turned into something she feared the most.

Party later on faced a guardian portrait & animated sword, along with animated armor. The painting was able to cast counterspell & crown of madness (limited charm spell). That made for a great encounter as the half-orc fighter with a reach weapon got charmed & proceeded to attack his fellow party members. ::D:

Later on they faced a couple vampiric mists & eventually they ran into a vampire that is one of the hidden lords of Waterdeep. He offered them a job & they accepted. Session over.

Looking forward to Weds night!!

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.4c61f7dc4916d1ce6377a730cc379b86.png

Please don’t. I feel guilty enough as it is. That tree was over a hundred years old and shaded this entire end of the block.

• Like 5
  • Sad 9

Just now, Corsair said:

@Pingo I am Groot!

AUUUUGGGGH.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 6/10/2019 at 9:23 AM, SparrowMarie said:

@Paradoxical Mouse So sorry. We are here. *sends hugs*

So last night one of our cats caught a mouse. Husband eventually got it away from her and put it outside. It is gone so either it got away or something else ate it. Then NOT EVEN TEN MINUTES LATER she caught another one. I am elfed off beyond all belief right now. Once we get unpacked someone is paying for an exterminator because I am not living with mice.

It sounds like you have a moderately efficient exterminator already...

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, Pingo said:
25 minutes ago, Corsair said:

@Pingo I am Groot!

AUUUUGGGGH.

No, no, no...

... I was Groot.

Poor Pingo! Getting grief for doing the right thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10