Jump to content

Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Recommended Posts

Finally recovered from the flu so had my first day back at work. It would seem that I have come home to find that my brain has checked out. I think I made at least 10 edits to a single post in the getting to know you thread. I'm now dizzy from scrolling through things trying to find stuff on the Interwebz. I hope everyone else has a better Wednesday than I have had.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine has started out "grand"....

 

Skippy decided not to show tonight.  I was wondering when he'd pull this. He went a week into his 2 weeks notice. Oh well, not like I haven't thrown a entire frieght load (around 600 pcs tonight) bu myself before. Just gonna make tonight a cramp with game night at the flgs & working after that.

 

It wouldn't be so bad but I gotta clean up after Skippy...sigh.

 

My wife did say he left a long detailed note to the grocery manager on how frieght was too hard for him & why he was quitting.... (insert old man voice) "Son,  you think life is hard now, you just wait till yer old enough that your actually old enough to comprehend the situation. "

Back to work.

  • Like 12
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sibling said:

Finally recovered from the flu so had my first day back at work. It would seem that I have come home to find that my brain has checked out. I think I made at least 10 edits to a single post in the getting to know you thread. I'm now dizzy from scrolling through things trying to find stuff on the Interwebz. I hope everyone else has a better Wednesday than I have had.

 

So far so good here..

 

 

9 minutes ago, haldir said:

Mine has started out "grand"....

 

Skippy decided not to show tonight.  I was wondering when he'd pull this. He went a week into his 2 weeks notice. Oh well, not like I haven't thrown a entire frieght load (around 600 pcs tonight) bu myself before. Just gonna make tonight a cramp with game night at the flgs & working after that.

 

It wouldn't be so bad but I gotta clean up after Skippy...sigh.

 

My wife did say he left a long detailed note to the grocery manager on how frieght was too hard for him & why he was quitting.... (insert old man voice) "Son,  you think life is hard now, you just wait till yer old enough that your actually old enough to comprehend the situation. "

Back to work.

 

I always wonder how long it will take before such a kid cleans up his/ her act.

Also..I know some will never and just end up at the bottom complaining about life and how everyone has treated them badly..

 

Good luck with the shift.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I should look into starting to drink this 'coffee' stuff that everyone is always talking about.

  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Maybe I should look into starting to drink this 'coffee' stuff that everyone is always talking about.

 

STōK cold brewed coffee. It’s so good. And you could always gently warm it up if a hot beverage was absolutely required. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

fades in Cheshire Cat style

 

Saw these on side of road last week.  Stopped to frolic.

IMG_1695.jpeg

Hemerocallis fulva, aka Tiger Daylily

 

Edible Daylily (Hemerocallis fulva) also known as the Orange daylily tawny daylily, common daylilies, fulvous daylily, ditch lily or the original wild orange daylily. Today it is well known for growing everywhere along the sides of roads nation wide in United States and Canada. The ornamental plant is native to Asia and is a infertile triploid and is famously known as the fast growing invasive daylily. H. Fulva tolerates heat and stress and difficult neglected areas with high humidity and rainfall and never rots. It will even flower in the shade and has low care requirements. The plant will grow in any soil and is a known fact that the plant is very vigorous and can over run your garden in no time. Because of its unique root system it is best grown in a container. This daylily species is hermaphrodite by nature. Even though Hemerocallis fulva has both male and female organs on the one flower, it is sterile and does not produce or set any seeds.

 

(For some reason my Google/Fu was in exceptional working order.)

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost intact preserved head of a Dire Wolf found, 40.000 years old.

 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/06/11/40000-year-old-ice-age-wolf-head-found-siberia/

 

EDIT: Didn't see @pingo had started a thread already!

 

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86781-beautifully-preserved-giant-wolf’s-head-discovered-in-siberian-permafrost/&tab=comments#comment-1840023

 

Let's honour our ancestors! ALL HAIL WOOF!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

In my country Soccer is the nr. 1 sport, so I will tell you you're wrong.

The REAL match is fought on the tribune and out in the streets where the lovely fans will beat each other up, vandalize other people's property and drive home while drunk/intoxicated..

 

 

You sure we aren't talking about hockey fans?  Because that sounds like hockey fans. 

 

LaCrosse fans are much more civilized - they beat each other up in the reenactments! :p

  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Corsair said:

In Honor of our favorite Haminster [yes that's you @Crowley]

dt2Tp0T.jpg

Aww... :wub:

 

2 hours ago, TGP said:

 

STōK cold brewed coffee. It’s so good. And you could always gently warm it up if a hot beverage was absolutely required. 

I never liked cold coffee or tea...

:zombie:

 

39 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

20_rkTFyLD.jpeg?resize=480%2C597&ssl=1

And the thief with the flaming oil.

 

Squeezed in 40 minutes of painting last night. Mostly detail work on the gnoll faces. We'll see if I get any other painting done this month...

  • Like 12
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh oh.  The humans found where I hid the aethership....er...I mean pardon me my fellow sapiens, I seem to have forgotten to...um...turn off the....uh....oh screw it, be right back...sound of running, slamming door, rocket boosting out of atmosphere, then ominous silence.

 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/11/us/moon-mass-crater-mystery-unexplained-trnd/index.html

  • Haha 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Erifnogard said:

Uh oh.  The humans found where I hid the aethership....er...I mean pardon me my fellow sapiens, I seem to have forgotten to...um...turn off the....uh....oh screw it, be right back...sound of running, slamming door, rocket boosting out of atmosphere, then ominous silence.

 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/11/us/moon-mass-crater-mystery-unexplained-trnd/index.html

 

DAHAK

Edited by TGP
David Weber got it right!!
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Let's honour our ancestors! ALL HAIL WOOF!

He should've worn a scarf. Then the cold wouldn't have got him.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cranky Dog said:

He should've worn a scarf. Then the cold wouldn't have got him.

 

And a hat. Don't go out in the cold without your hat.

 

And mittens.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×