Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

I now have a bright pink and tender Grump. :upside:

I dragged him out to the beach, we needed the SUN!

I went swimming, Grump went wallowing, because Grumps DON'T FLOAT! Swimming takes work. Doing the same float, I bob like a cork and Grump sinks like the Titanic. ::P:

BD went splishy splashy in the shallows. Never out of grabbing range from one of us. She now has a collection of shells and rocks. And two seagull feathers. And a bit of drift wood. But we threw away the waterlogged ball she found.

• Like 17

Lunch time.

The break room is under renovation.

The alternate microwave location is in a conference room that's being used.

The alternate alternate microwave is next to a filming location and is inaccessible. 

:grr:

• Confused 5
  • Sad 7

12 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Lunch time.

The alternate alternate microwave is next to a filming location and is inaccessible. 

Bring sandwiches?  It's what I do.

(Although I bring sandwiches because I can no longer rely on having someone to run interference while I try to have a warm lunch.  I've had customers call before in the middle of my lunch and tie me up for fifty minutes, as my soup gets colder and colder...)

• Sad 10

21 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Lunch time.

Our breakroom tends to be the General Merch dept's office. Lately it smells like pool toy plastic & allot of it. <_<

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I now have a bright pink and tender Grump. :upside:

I dragged him out to the beach, we needed the SUN!

I went swimming, Grump went wallowing, because Grumps DON'T FLOAT! Swimming takes work. Doing the same float, I bob like a cork and Grump sinks like the Titanic. ::P:

BD went splishy splashy in the shallows. Never out of grabbing range from one of us. She now has a collection of shells and rocks. And two seagull feathers. And a bit of drift wood. But we threw away the waterlogged ball she found.

YOU needed sun, Grump may have required much less. Enjoy your lobster husband. ::P:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

11 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Bring sandwiches?  It's what I do.

(Although I bring sandwiches because I can no longer rely on having someone to run interference while I try to have a warm lunch.  I've had customers call before in the middle of my lunch and tie me up for fifty minutes, as my soup gets colder and colder...)

Well, I already did meal prep for the week, so its a little late for that...

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

So far so good here..

I always wonder how long it will take before such a kid cleans up his/ her act.

Also..I know some will never and just end up at the bottom complaining about life and how everyone has treated them badly..

Good luck with the shift.

Yah, I don't think this kid has a clue to life to be honest with you. He started in the butcher block due to a worker knew his mom & knew he needed a job. Well a week or 2 later, it's spring break & his mommy & daddy bought him Disneyland tickets for graduation. So he went down there. A couple weeks later he pulls "But I've got prom to go to. If I didn't spend money (ie I'm sure M & D's money not his) I'd come in. Meat manager wasn't going to let him go as the schedule was posted before he asked for it off,  but he pulled a "Oh my dad's really sick, we're taking him to the hospital" move that morning.

Eventually they move him to the grocery dept even thou meat manager, butcher block supervisor (my wife) both said he was worthless. I heard he messed up the dairy dept so bad the dairy manger doesn't want him there again. So I get him, at least till last night. If he has the coconuts to come in Thursday night, I'm only going to say "Do your side of the store." & that's it. Best leave it that & walk away. I'm done with him completely now.

I had 2 aisles left at 7 when the store open this morning. Grocery Manager helped me with the last 2. I had everything done before my shift ended but they wanted me to stay & make the aisles look pretty so I didn't get out until 930 or so. Gonna make for a tight window before game night tonight. I still need to gather a couple of things together + load this week's minis up for the game & of course catch my usual 4 hrs of sleep.

• Like 5
  • Sad 8

18 minutes ago, haldir said:

Meat manager wasn't going to let him go as the schedule was posted before he asked for it off,  but he pulled a "Oh my dad's really sick, we're taking him to the hospital" move that morning.

The way this is worded dad wasn't taken to the hospital.  Kid clearly has someone looking out for him, because if you pulled that stunt at most workplaces (doubly so as a new employee) and it was discovered that dad wasn't in the hospital.... 

On the topic of lunch rooms... Mwa ha ha, my lunch room has sun with partial clouds.  No microwave though, so if you want hot foot you have to get creative. 

So hoping it stays clear tonight, but since I have work in the morning I can't go out and take photos of the sky and stars, because the sun takes way too long to set, and as a delivery driver I don't feel like trying to drive on only five hours of sleep or so.  Still tempting though if it's a clear sky tonight.... 

• Like 6

Bah.

I took this Friday off for a doctor's appointment.

Had to reschedule to next Friday.

Bah. Now I have to put effort into getting my leave moved. It'd be easier if my manager was EVER IN THE OFFICE.

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

35 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

On the topic of lunch rooms... Mwa ha ha, my lunch room has sun with partial clouds.  No microwave though, so if you want hot foot you have to get creative. 

I am going to assume hot FOOD.  if you can give someone a hot foot with a microwave, I think you need to get any more creative...

if it is hot food you want, I would think that the newer MRE's are your best friends.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Lunch time.

If you have to eat it frozen, just pretend it's a quirky kind of ice cream.

I gotta tell ya, nothing cools you down on a hot summer's day like a real chewy lasagna pop.  Mmmm-mmmm.

• Haha 16
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

I am going to assume hot FOOD.  if you can give someone a hot foot with a microwave, I think you need to get any more creative...

if it is hot food you want, I would think that the newer MRE's are your best friends.

Yeah, I typed food but apparently my phone decided that foot truly was the word I was going for, despite me almost never typing such a word... 

Usually I prep stuff that can easily be eaten cold, or somewhat warmed up from summer hot cabin air. 

If I really want a hot meal... That's what my local deli is for.  Today is apparently a rather delicious looking bagel sandwich... 

... Might not be photographing the sky tonight, astro forecast is showing uhm... Like AMAZING seeing conditions and smooth skies...  If it weren't for the sheer cloud cover aspect that's predicted....  Here's hoping that forecast is wrong.  I want to try and photograph.... Something.  Anything.  Well, okay, it can't be Barnard's Loop because that's below the horizon for me, but... There still are several good targets I could get photos of that can not only be easily seen from my area, but also photographed without a tracker. 

• Like 6

On 6/10/2019 at 10:31 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

A student just explained to me how he has his tv set up. I want to go to his house and unplug everything before he starts a fire.

I know that feeling...

Many years ago, I had to accompany my ex-wife to a family reunion out of state.  As part of that trip, her dad took us to a relative's house that had to have been built in the 1880s, and had it's electrical installed no later than the 1930s and NEVER updated since then. The kitchen in this house was full of every conceivable small appliance, all plugged into two 2 prong outputs (no ground plug) using a variety of old extension cords and outlet expanders. 

I took one look at that kitchen, went outside and refused to go back into the house. Got into a fight with my ex over it. 

On 6/10/2019 at 11:55 PM, redambrosia said:

I just have to say, gripe water is amazing. Doctor said Baby has gas, suggested gripe water. It is now (nearly) 10pm and we have not had a screaming melt down. 

Its only the first day, but I have hope.

If it's recurring and your breastfeeding, talk to your doctor about your own diet, and how it may be affecting your milk and the baby.  Had a dear friend struggle with her overly fussy son for months before they finally figured out that her love of cheese & dairy was causing issues for him.   A couple changes to her diet and his, and it was like a different child. 

On 6/11/2019 at 7:33 AM, Pegazus said:

I can't start taking rainy days off. I fear I'd just decide to stop going in at all for any excuse and that's bad for finances, marriage, and college funds.

This is exactly why I stumble into my office on a lot of days...

9 hours ago, haldir said:

Skippy decided not to show tonight.  I was wondering when he'd pull this. He went a week into his 2 weeks notice.

I _knew_ we should have done a pool. 

8 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Maybe I should look into starting to drink this 'coffee' stuff that everyone is always talking about.

Wait a minute - you got through years of military service without succumbing to coffee, and you're going to give in now? :devil:

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

16 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Wait a minute - you got through years of military service without succumbing to coffee, and you're going to give in now? :devil:

Baffles me too, now that you mention it. 

It's like that ONE engineer in an office of dozens of them... And that one person doesn't drink coffee. 

...Says the person working for a coffee company, where in our branch we have something like five people (out of sixty or so) that don't drink coffee... 

• Like 8